After the Storm: FSU

Also assuming we win out and look good doing it we may still make the Orange Bowl anyway without making the ACC title game.
I assume Clemson is going to blow out whoever comes out of the Coastal which makes Miami look like the better pick for the game at Hardrock New Year's Day.
So winning the Coastal this year may not mean much in the long run.

Hard to see the Orange Bowl picking a four loss team...

Advertisement
An underrated throw on here is Jarren's throw to Harley on the corner route that set up the Deejay touchdown. Started off looking to his right, went through two progressions and then found Harley, threw a perfect pass AND it was on a third down.

That's the type of **** we've been desperately missing from a QB for a LONG time.
Facts, very impressive throw. One that not every qb can make

Well said, @Stefan Adams. Great analysis and excellent write-up.

This was, by far, Miami's best performance since 2017. One could argue it was our only above-average performance in that time span.

The offense still leaves a LOT to be desired. One area in dire need of improvement, that I don't think you touched on, is Jarren working his check-downs effectively. He has not done an adequate job this year of hitting the open back or TE on the check downs when the play he wants downfield is covered.

There was one play, I think in the third quarter, we were in the red zone or close to it, and he had TWO guys, a RB and a TE, standing wide open in the flat to his left as he ran out of time on his progression. I think it was second and ten. If he had hit either of them on time, it's a five yard gain at worst, and likely would have been a TD or at least a first down. Instead, he waits too long and flushes the play, narrowly avoiding a sack. Incomplete pass on third down and we're kicking a 50/50 field goal instead of converting a first down, taking more time off the clock and eventually punching it in the end zone.

Dude throws a nice ball, and it's nice to see the deep shots come and connect, but as you alluded to, you have to be able to string drives together underneath when the defense does its job. Jarren has a lot to work on with his mental game. It would also be nice to see our dynamic pass-catching backs get utilized more in the checkdown game. When the D does a good job covering deep, those checkdowns can turn into big plays with selfless downfield blocking and the ankle breaking type of RB talent we have. Worst case, you have to pick up those few yards and make it easier on yourself for the next play.

This is not a situation where he can figure it out over the next ten games. If Jarren is going to accomplish anything notable during his time here, he has got to step up the urgency in fixing the glaring holes in his game.

Wishing harm on another individual
what bigotry comments? saying a kid is from esl isnt bigotry, but show me how it is. if so, def didnt come out that way. this site has excused behavior based on where a kid is from.

also, lets see your cane card.

also, guarantee you wouldnt say **** to anyone in real life. just another keyboard warrior like the rest of us
More cane then you, I have not 1 but 2 cuzo that won chips and played at THE U. 1 going to Um sport Hall of Fame and Players that coach and I groomed under my watch that played the university of Miami Nevermind that....
BLOOD .... If you want? We can do this **** behind close doors... you see although my ways has change. I still got this in me and i work for govt now as a data analyst so it's ways to find you while you chatty on your iphone partna. Or my peoples can find you and holler at you on your doorsteps either way . I come from violence it's been a long time since i made one of an example . I would love to see if I still got it. Big Business!!!

You got the wrong one. I not going to say any more words ...............

Advertisement
Miami vs overrated ND hmm I wonder who would win that matchup?wow basically 2017 all over again.

More cane then you, I have not 1 but 2 cuzo that won chips and played at THE U. 1 going to Um sport Hall of Fame. Nevermind that....
BLOOD .... If you want? We can do this **** behind close doors... you see although my ways has change. I still got this in me and i work for govt now as a data analyst so it's ways to find you while you chatty on your iphone partna. Or my peoples can find you and holler at you on your doorsteps either way . I come from violence it's been a long time since i made one of an example . I would love to see if I still got it. Big Business!!!

lol k. anyways, both of us are just talking ****, but have a nice life. this seems like a threat that could be reported. its a sports forum, not real life.

Last edited:
Pass offense was a lot better this game. Hopefully we can get the run game going one of these games.

Advertisement
Also amazing job by our OL on that play. Jarren is actually a QB that consistently goes through his progressions. If they give him that type of time from here on out we can't lose.

This right here. If the OL can give Jarren time to let the play develop, make the reads and then step into his throws he's as good as anybody.

The kid took a beating early on in the season, and I was afraid he would either get hurt or get jittery.

It all boils down to our OL. They do their job, and we are hard to beat.

My guy if we had a kicker we’d have that record
Yea, but I hate blaming stuff on the kicker. I want us to play well and look like a legit football team like we did on Saturday. If Bubba or that other walk on hit the kicks to beat GT, it doesn't take away from the fact that we played like absolute trash.

Advertisement
Not to take all blame away from the kicker but is it his fault could not score tds inside the red zone. No loss is on one player alone. Team wins and team loses

More cane then you, I have not 1 but 2 cuzo that won chips and played at THE U. 1 going to Um sport Hall of Fame and Players that coach and I groomed under my watch that played the university of Miami Nevermind that....

calm your ****.

hoops actually graduated from um (he was actually my next door neighbor freshman year), so put that "more cane than you" **** on the backburner.

and if you work for the government as a data analyst:

1) you should give our tax money back since you're clearly not doing anything important in the middle of a tuesday
2) even more reason to not trust government if you can be employed by them in a meaningful capacity

Advertisement
if we rebound and win out (including the bowl) we will end the exact same way as '16, with plenty of momentum headed into the offseason. this team isn't at clemson's level yet and a big loss to them in the acc championship would be a huge momentum killer. might be better for us in the long run.
Agreed. I know the frustration of always saying "next year", but the possibility of a big jump next year is very real. The O-line is extremely young, with true and redshirt freshmen getting extensive playing time and even starting. We are finally seeing some signs of them gelling as a unit, learning to work together and trust each other, as they also get better individually. That can pay HUGE dividends for next year. Add to that Jarren becoming more confident and comfortable, and a defense that could be even better next year (with LB the only ?, but a returning strong DL, and a secondary that will have some experience), and those close games we lose this year can turn into wins next year, and those close wins we've had can become more convincing wins.

"...what is sure to be a long offseason [for Miami]..."

Why would this be the case? There are 3 regular season games and (extremely likely) a bowl game.

Why would it be a long offseason if Miami finishes 8-4, has a good showing in the bowl game, and wraps up a top 10-15 class?

The only possible explanation is that the Stefan's expectations were as unrealistic as those of the other fans on this site.

Nice write up.

We played ****ed off for the first time this year. Diaz, find a way to **** off your kids -- I could point to three or four kids that need that to really go off.

Also, we attacked screens/bubble screens without hesitating. Have to see that continue.

Last - find a way to get Jordan Miller more snaps. Dude can ball.

Advertisement
Back