After Saban Retires

Advertisement
Big Booster looked at me last year and told me ....they will be all in on DABO no question.

I believe as he is as plugged in as you can be @ Bama.

I really believe Alabama is going to have a tough time with hiring coaches for awhile once Saban retires. Saban has won 5 titles in 10 years and played in 7 of the last 10 championships. Why would anyone want to be measured against that? Especially someone like Dabo who walks on air where he is at. Dabo leaving Clemson is as funny as Saban going to Texas a few years ago.

Advertisement
He ain't going to Alabama.. He is God up there. He'll be there for a good minute.

**** nah he gonna go straight to bama and call it a business decision. Look for Brent Venables to take right over.
I bet Brent will follow him to Bama. He will have one **** of a resume at that point.

Advertisement
Dabo going to Bama is like Durant going to Golden State. Any championships would be meaningless.

I think he’ll go for an nfl gig first and possibly take Venables with him. He has learned what it takes to be a ceo. His stock will be highest if he stays st Clemson. He’ll win 1-2 more ships at Clemson and bolt for an NFL head coaching job imo. There would be nothing more for him to accomplish.

Advertisement
Bama will promote from within which is the new trend. Sabans grooming a kid right now on the defensive side (not Lupoi).

I think they go after a Jimbo before Dabo. He's not going anywhere.

I think he’ll go for an nfl gig first and possibly take Venables with him. He has learned what it takes to be a ceo. His stock will be highest if he stays st Clemson. He’ll win 1-2 more ships at Clemson and bolt for an NFL head coaching job imo. There would be nothing more for him to accomplish.

Could absolutely see him going to the NFL wayyyyy before ever going to Alabaga. What's the upside to going to Tuscaloosy? At the absolute BEST you're measured in the same sentence as Sabag. At the absolute worst it's a massive headache and possibly a reputational stain.

What's the upside to going to the NFL? The opportunity to be considered an ALL-TIME great coach with no caveats like you have to say Sabag is an all-time great COLLEGE coach. What's the downside? You flame out like Sabag and return to college and presumably be great there again

Dabo will have statues and facilities named after him at Clemson. He’ll go down as their greatest HC.

Why replace Saban when you can keep operating the machine you built??
Bingo
He stays and is legend at clemson
Why follow GOAT
Makes NO SENSE and Clemson can pay him whatever it takes
That’s easy!

Advertisement
At Alabama, he'd always be in Saban's shadow -

He's made his bed at Clemson and is doing very well there - my guess is he'd stay with Clemson.

Advertisement
Back