After reading this, tell me you wouldn't hire Schiano...

Advertisement
In all that...all he liked from Al golden was how he sent emails.....LMAO!!! How some do not realize how pathetic our head coach is is beyond me

too **** long to read...Schiano is one of those guys who DOES a lot and accomplishes nothing.

NEVER CONFUSE ACTIVITY WITH ACCOMPLISHMENT

He had me at "Greg Schiano stands over a pile of sizzling bacon"

Ideal? No. Top 5? Probably, not.

Upgrade on Al G? Come on son, most guys with a winning record on Madden would be better on game day.

Still not in my top 5.

1) Rich Rodriguez
2) Todd Graham
3) Butch Davis
4) Jim McElwain
5) Mark Hudspeth

I wouldn't be ****ed with Hudspeth or McElwain(mainly because theyre name isn't 'Golden'), but I really don't want to play the "turned around a mid major but hasn't won **** yet" game again.

I'd look more at "how a coach turned around a mid-major" than just leave it on the surface of perceived results. It's always possible a coach turned around a smaller school through innovation or, at least, some on-field competitive advantages. Golden "turned around" Temple through organizational skills, PR work and without ever winning a meaningful game.

Every person is his own man, got it. Im just saying I personally think were a good enough program to go out and get a "alright everybody stfu, I got this, done it before" coach instead of a "ill prove it to ya" coach.

I agree. Problem is… who are those guys? I just want a "best man for the job." I think the best man for the job is probably a little more obscure because what we need to get back to our roots is not all that common.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First, I'm not reading all that.
Second, there is nothing I could read that would make me want to hire Schiano as Cane HC.

Just say NO.

Advertisement
He had me at Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Then he lost me at Joe Paterno.

But he'd still be better than anything we've had the past 10+ years. **** it, give him the job.

I though the same thing. No thanks to the Joe Paterno coaching tree, we see where that has gotten us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some here want another four years of similar, **** poor football.

Why?

Schiano? Think about what you're saying!

I like Schiano but do no want anybody from the PSU coaching tree. Honestly, Schiano reminds me of Golden.

I want an innovator.

I want a hard nosed football coach who is smart enough to surround himself with a nice mix of grey beards and recruiting aces.

I want somebody who can relate to today's high school athlete and who prefers winning over culture.

Winning establishes your culture, not citing books or spewing psychological babble. Your environment is a product of beating your opponents and demonstrating to others your superiority.

You cannot artificially create it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back