After reading this, tell me you wouldn't hire Schiano...

He should not have gone to Rutgers. He might have been chosen over Coker had he stayed with us and not been in such a hurry to be a head coach. He's much better than anyone we've had since Butch but I'm not sure I want him replacing Golden.

Advertisement
Still not in my top 5.

1) Rich Rodriguez
2) Todd Graham
3) Butch Davis
4) Jim McElwain
5) Mark Hudspeth

1) Rich Rodriguez Not Bad. Knows how to win.
2) Todd Graham Not Bad. Knows how to win.
3) Butch Davis No Brainer. This 2014 team would be Undefeated with BD
4) Jim McElwain **** ***** No. Another Golden
5) Mark Hudspeth **** ***** No.

Still not in my top 5.

1) Rich Rodriguez
2) Todd Graham
3) Butch Davis
4) Jim McElwain
5) Mark Hudspeth

3) Butch Davis No Brainer. This 2014 team would be Undefeated with BD4) Jim McElwain **** ***** No. Another Golden

Butch is near the top of my list but he didn't go undefeated with the 2000 team. Butch is gonna stock pile talent and develop guys. What he isn't is some X and Os wizard who will have us in the playoff hunt as soon as he steps on campus.

Still not in my top 5.

1) Rich Rodriguez
2) Todd Graham
3) Butch Davis
4) Jim McElwain
5) Mark Hudspeth

I wouldn't be ****ed with Hudspeth or McElwain(mainly because theyre name isn't 'Golden'), but I really don't want to play the "turned around a mid major but hasn't won **** yet" game again.

I'd look more at "how a coach turned around a mid-major" than just leave it on the surface of perceived results. It's always possible a coach turned around a smaller school through innovation or, at least, some on-field competitive advantages. Golden "turned around" Temple through organizational skills, PR work and without ever winning a meaningful game.

Who you calling a chimp, human?...

planet-of-the-apes-1968-hairstyles.jpg

Advertisement
Wish List:

1. Charlie Strong (notice I said wish list)
2. Chud
3. Butch
4. Tubbs
5. Hudspeth

...and Schiano is no where near my list. People don't like him! Kids won't like him either!

Fine as a coordinator but he'll always be the type of guy that players will find all too easy to hate the moment they stop winning. And since we ain't winning now, he'd be a disaster here almost immediately.

I agree....but, cant he be a success immediately too...

He's equally unlikeable and douchey as Saban..

Advertisement
At Rutgers:

28-48 in conference, never won conference title

4-19 v ranked teams

Schiano = Golden they have the same resume and results

did you even read the article? Read what his record at RU was his last 7 years there. He won at a place that was God awful.

What I liked about the Schiano article was that it is clear that he has been doing a lot of soul searching and re-inventing himself. He admitted to being too rigid with regard to a lot of things. He's refined his coaching philosophy the same way Carroll did when he took a year off before taking the USC job. He looks to Carroll and Belichick as influences. He tours many colleges to research what works and what doesn't. He lives in Tampa - i.e I think he can deal with the riff raff down in sofla. Lots of good things to look at, imo.

At Rutgers:

28-48 in conference, never won conference title

4-19 v ranked teams

Schiano = Golden they have the same resume and results

did you even read the article? Read what his record at RU was his last 7 years there. He won at a place that was God awful.

What I liked about the Schiano article was that it is clear that he has been doing a lot of soul searching and re-inventing himself. He admitted to being too rigid with regard to a lot of things. He's refined his coaching philosophy the same way Carroll did when he took a year off before taking the USC job. He looks to Carroll and Belichick as influences. He tours many colleges to research what works and what doesn't. He lives in Tampa - i.e I think he can deal with the riff raff down in sofla. Lots of good things to look at, imo.

and we would finally get back to playing miami hurricanes defense

So much for second chances. I don't think he would be the worst coach some of you think. He can coach and he is better than Golden. Golden was playing in the MAC, this guy was playing big guys and Rutgers was just as bad as Temple......terrible. Maybe not as a first choice but it takes something to win double digits at Rutgers.... Golden can dream. Big thing, he knows the area and he can coach defense. Aggressive Miami defense

Advertisement
Still not in my top 5.

1) Rich Rodriguez
2) Todd Graham
3) Butch Davis
4) Jim McElwain
5) Mark Hudspeth

3) Butch Davis No Brainer. This 2014 team would be Undefeated with BD4) Jim McElwain **** ***** No. Another Golden

Butch is near the top of my list but he didn't go undefeated with the 2000 team. Butch is gonna stock pile talent and develop guys. What he isn't is some X and Os wizard who will have us in the playoff hunt as soon as he steps on campus.

Now this makes sense. BD is a great recruiter and talent evaluator, but he is not an Xs and Os/sideline/gameday coach.

That said, I'd take Butch or Schiano as my DC/ (maybe) Asst HC. Just don't want them in full command of the program.

Since we appear to be stuck with AG how about this line-up:
HC - AG
DC/SP - Schiano
OC - Coley or some new guy with no "check with me crap"
and a make over of some of the assistants.

If we're stuck with AG, what do you think about that?

Still not in my top 5.

1) Rich Rodriguez
2) Todd Graham
3) Butch Davis
4) Jim McElwain
5) Mark Hudspeth

Now this makes sense. BD is a great recruiter and talent evaluator, but he is not an Xs and Os/sideline/gameday coach.

That said, I'd take Butch or Schiano as my DC/ (maybe) Asst HC. Just don't want them in full command of the program.

Since we appear to be stuck with AG how about this line-up:
HC - AG
DC/SP - Schiano
OC - Coley or some new guy with no "check with me crap"
and a make over of some of the assistants.

If we're stuck with AG, what do you think about that?

Stupid..........

Still not in my top 5.

1) Rich Rodriguez
2) Todd Graham
3) Butch Davis
4) Jim McElwain
5) Mark Hudspeth

Stupid......

Advertisement
So much for second chances. I don't think he would be the worst coach some of you think. He can coach and he is better than Golden. Golden was playing in the MAC, this guy was playing big guys and Rutgers was just as bad as Temple......terrible. Maybe not as a first choice but it takes something to win double digits at Rutgers.... Golden can dream. Big thing, he knows the area and he can coach defense. Aggressive Miami defense

Being better than Golden is not hard to do.

Still not in my top 5.

1) Rich Rodriguez
2) Todd Graham
3) Butch Davis
4) Jim McElwain
5) Mark Hudspeth

I wouldn't be ****ed with Hudspeth or McElwain(mainly because theyre name isn't 'Golden'), but I really don't want to play the "turned around a mid major but hasn't won **** yet" game again.

I'd look more at "how a coach turned around a mid-major" than just leave it on the surface of perceived results. It's always possible a coach turned around a smaller school through innovation or, at least, some on-field competitive advantages. Golden "turned around" Temple through organizational skills, PR work and without ever winning a meaningful game.

Every person is his own man, got it. Im just saying I personally think were a good enough program to go out and get a "alright everybody stfu, I got this, done it before" coach instead of a "ill prove it to ya" coach.

Advertisement
Back