AFTER A&M what is our record CIS?

I will add, the way clemson is currently playing and functioning. Miami is going to beat them by 21 points.

UNC and FSU are the only games left that should be competitive / losses

Advertisement
UNC that went to OT with app state is putting fear in your heart?!! C’mon man!!
They will have at least one loss by the time we play them based on their performance the last two weeks.

That may help but I don't like going into Tobacco Rd undefeated against an undefeated UNC.

We step on our ****s early and make it easier for the refs to get the Heels out of there with a W and they will pull all out all the stops to make it happen.

I am still not over them ******* us on the Austin Proehl call back in 2016 and that was in our own **** stadium.

Who had a guaranteed 6-wins? You?

That’s your perspective and opinion.

Using that as a statement of fact to rebuke another opinion is even more impressive.
Yes.

Before the Season:

Wins
Miami (OH)
Bethune
Temple
GT
Virginia
BC

Losses
TAMU
UNC
FSU
Clemson

Tossups
NC State
Louisville

Expectation is to win the expected wins, lose the expected losses, and go 50/50 in expected tossups. That would get you to 7-5. Mario is paid to do better than that. So, my floor was 8-4. Now you've turned one loss into a win. My floor becomes 9-3. UNC and Clemson look very beatable and Louisville moves into the win column and you have a recipe to be 10-2 or 11-1. All **** breaks loose and it's 12-0 and Hard Rock North going crazy again.

No predictions till I finish handing out Halloween candy.

All of a sudden the early 8-4 predictions looked more than reasonable. TAMU showed we've improved considerably but still have a few tough games left and injuries can always happen so I'll stick with 8-4 but 9-3 looking like a definite possibility. Go Canes 🙌

Advertisement
Tobacco Road is going to be a big problem when we visit UNC, don’t kid yourselves. We have to put the boot on their necks early and often and remember the Jimmy Johnson Rule: “When you play at South Bend, never leave a game in the hands of the Officials.”

Barring no significant injuries

9-3 is likely
10-2 realistic

Yep.

TBH, as long as we stay healthy, when you have a stellar QB, great OL and running game and a solid defense (with good coordinators to boot), that's a usual recipe for 0-2 losses and a CFP.

But, given we are in year 2 after a disaster of a season, it stands to reason that this team still doesn't have what it takes and will drop 2-3. However, if we get the UNC monkey off our back, ooooooeeee, I'm going to start looking into CFP tickets. Real talk.

Yep.

TBH, as long as we stay healthy, when you have a stellar QB, great OL and running game and a solid defense (with good coordinators to boot), that's a usual recipe for 0-2 losses and a CFP.

But, given we are in year 2 after a disaster of a season, it stands to reason that this team still doesn't have what it takes and will drop 2-3. However, if we get the UNC monkey off our back, ooooooeeee, I'm going to start looking into CFP tickets. Real talk.
If, and I do mean if, we actually ran the table and got by FSU or Duke in the ACCCG, who would we face in the playoffs?

This would be like 1984. We definitely be the bottom seed, so to speak.

Advertisement
If, and I do mean if, we actually ran the table and got by FSU or Duke in the ACCCG, who would we face in the playoffs?

This would be like 1984. We definitely be the bottom seed, so to speak.
Who knows but probably someone in the Georgia, Bama, USC, OSU, PSU, Texas group.

Advertisement
Back