After 7 games, I have to say I love this team

B Run

Sophomore
Premium
Sure there were blunders and frustrations along the way(ok, maybe the biggest blunder in Canes history that could, I mean will, cost them an ACC Championship birth), but overall I love the toughness, grit, execution and passion from this team. The coaching staff is not without its questions, but overall, this is the right staff. 1-2 more recruiting classes and a transfer or 7 could put us back in position to at least say "we might actually REALLY be back this time". Nobody can convince me teams like TCU who played for the NC last year and teams like James Madison, Tulane, and Air Force are better(no disrespect...seriously). Mario and staff know they f'd up otherwise we are legit 6-1 and there is nothing that tells me the rest of the schedule is not winnable, including FSU. Yes, we have been down this road before only to be pulled over, beaten by multiple cops and thrown in college football jail until next September only to have it happen time and time again. This time though, I really do feel different and have a confidence I haven't had in a very long time...even in 2017, I was excited, but I knew our offense was not good enough to justify our ranking. I hope my words dont come back to haunt me(again), but I really do love this team and feel better about them than I have in quite some time. Hope everyone feels the same. LETS GO CANES!!!!!

Advertisement
agree. GT game probably cost us a 10 win regular season, but I think 10 wins is still on the table when counting the bowl game and that paired with what will probably be another top 10 recruiting class and I just don't see how some people aren't thrilled by that considering where we were under Manny.

we have arguably the best OL in the country after just two years of Mario being here and I think most are confident that the trenches will never suffer with him at the helm, and really that's all we need to be competitive in every game and avoid getting dog walked by superior competition which has been our life the last 20 years

Last edited:
Sure there were blunders and frustrations along the way(ok, maybe the biggest blunder in Canes history that could, I mean will, cost them an ACC Championship birth), but overall I love the toughness, grit, execution and passion from this team. The coaching staff is not without its questions, but overall, this is the right staff. 1-2 more recruiting classes and a transfer or 7 could put us back in position to at least say "we might actually REALLY be back this time". Nobody can convince me teams like TCU who played for the NC last year and teams like James Madison, Tulane, and Air Force are better(no disrespect...seriously). Mario and staff know they f'd up otherwise we are legit 6-1 and there is nothing that tells me the rest of the schedule is not winnable, including FSU. Yes, we have been down this road before only to be pulled over, beaten by multiple cops and thrown in college football jail until next September only to have it happen time and time again. This time though, I really do feel different and have a confidence I haven't had in a very long time...even in 2017, I was excited, but I knew our offense was not good enough to justify our ranking. I hope my words dont come back to haunt me(again), but I really do love this team and feel better about them than I have in quite some time. Hope everyone feels the same. LETS GO CANES!!!!!
CIS is bipolar.

Advertisement
First you lose big, then you lose small, then you win small, and finally you win big. Society is all about instant success and gratification but this stuff takes time. Changing the talent level, hiring new staff, etc…all that stuff is easy. The hardest thing to do is to change the culture. This program had been run like a country club for 20 years, and you can’t flip a switch and change that overnight. There’s no doubt in my mind Mario regrets that decision at the end of the GT game, but I get why he did it. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t incredibly dumb, but I understand it. This team is light years ahead of where they were physically and toughness-wise. Clemson had -2 yards rushing in the final 3 quarters against us…that tells you everything you need to know about how much things have changed here. The biggest thing we need to work on now is playing/coaching SMARTER. When this team doesn’t hurt itself they can hang with just about any team in the country.

If we come out this week and play well while also getting healthy we can beat every team left in our schedule. Problem is if we have injuries or turn the ball over we can also lose to everyone left in our schedule.

I had us at 7-5. At this point, 8-4 or 9-3 truly seems more likely. The coordinators are pretty dang good at getting the most out of the roster.

Advertisement
The games this season have been fun to watch. Last season was miserable. The GT and VT games were the only ones that were enjoyable at all in 2022. This season has had a few disappointments so far, but it's great to be able to enjoy watching games again.
This.

We are absolutely improved from past several years. We are also blunder-prone. Any way it goes, we just need to keep improving.

Advertisement
CIS is bipolar.
1698159073081.gif

This program had been run like a country club for 20 years, and you can’t flip a switch and change that overnight.

....yet incredibly so many last year kept just pointing USC and mocking when any of us talked about Mario needing to flush out Manny's broken bunch of betas and to build CULTURE.

"Look at Lincoln Riley! He didn't need to build culture!"

Great. He's his own offensive coordinator and brought his own Heisman-worthy quarterback (who went on to win the award) and that allowed him to land the portal's biggest wide receiver transfer.

Scored some points last year. Out-toughed by Utah twice and fell to Tulane in a bowl game.

Just got out-toughed by Utah again, after getting steamrolled in South Bend—with his finesse offense—after barely surviving Arizona and Colorado.

Trojans could easily lose three of the next four with Washington, at Oregon and UCLA remaining—7-5 on the heels of 11-3—proving how important culture and both sides of the football are, as he's about to get his lunch eaten in the Big Ten with this brand of Trojans football, unless he learns to run the ball and has his team playing defense.

This was a week ago. Get a hold of yourself man. You are all over the place. Don’t be so emotional. Use logic, it’ll help with your porsting…
Good work Inspector Internet!! That is how I felt at the time...I was definitely ****ed and I am pretty sure there is not a human being I know who doesn't overreact from time to time...that includes you I'm sure, however I do not feel it necessary to comb through your posts to prove it. The difference between some human beings and others is some can always reassess and make corrections and admit they were wrong. I admit I was wrong. As for your offer, I don't need your help but I wish you luck in your future message board investigation endeavors.

Advertisement
Good work Inspector Internet!! That is how I felt at the time...I was definitely ****ed and I am pretty sure there is not a human being I know who doesn't overreact from time to time...that includes you I'm sure, however I do not feel it necessary to comb through your posts to prove it. The difference between some human beings and others is some can always reassess and make corrections and admit they were wrong. I admit I was wrong. As for your offer, I don't need your help but I wish you luck in your future message board investigation
Not an attack on you. The CIS world would be a much better place if we all porsted with less emotion.

Advertisement
Back