Advocare V100 Independence Bowl: Miami

Advertisement
Everything I have seen has been inconsistent. Independence Bowl, Music City Bowl, Military Bowl, etc. Seen us in the Music City against Miss State or Tenn a few times. Would love to end the season with a win against an SEC team.

Everything I have seen has been inconsistent. Independence Bowl, Music City Bowl, Military Bowl, etc. Seen us in the Music City against Miss State or Tenn a few times. Would love to end the season with a win against an SEC team.

THIS

Advertisement
can we wait until we are actually bowl eligible before we talk about playing in the Mr. Clean Toilet Bowl?

Advertisement
Self impose.

Nothing - not ONE thing to be gained going to a bowl this year.
Up to 15 practices is nothing? A chance to reward players, even if we don't think Nashville or Shreveport is much of a reward? Bowl bonus checks for the coaching staff? Maybe a good performance helps some of our departing players in the draft? Listen, I get it that a large segment of our fans would vote to reject anything less than a Peach/Chick Fil A berth any year, and that this year isn't anything special, but this should be Golden's call and his alone IMO. I don't think he'll run bowl practices like Shannon did, meaning we'll actually take advantage of the extra time rather than just show up and play the game. Take the bid unless it is obvious we get hit with a bowl ban, and none of us have enough information to make that call.

Advertisement
Advertisement

A win against an SEC team that have one conference win so far between the two of them and that was Miss St over Kentucky 28-16. Tennessee has to beat Vandy and Kentucky just to be bowl eligible and I got a feeling that Vandy will put them out of their misery Saturday. I'm not real sure what we have to gain by beating either team.

Advertisement
Back