Adrian Colbert making his case to start

Advertisement
If he's starting, we're in big trouble because that means Redwine just isn't that good. We're relying on a guy who started like 4 games in his college career and had a few tackles. A guy who was passed up by a Freshman in 2014 and didn't eve record a statistic in the 2015 season. I guess the only hope is that his skills are far, far better suited for CB than S.

Or he's back in the scheme that he was originally recruited to Texas to play in and it fits him. He has more experience in it than anyone on the team not named Diaz or Banda.

If he's starting, we're in big trouble because that means Redwine just isn't that good. We're relying on a guy who started like 4 games in his college career and had a few tackles. A guy who was passed up by a Freshman in 2014 and didn't eve record a statistic in the 2015 season. I guess the only hope is that his skills are far, far better suited for CB than S.

Or he's back in the scheme that he was originally recruited to Texas to play in and it fits him. He has more experience in it than anyone on the team not named Diaz or Banda.

I wouldn't put my money on it.

So the DC who liked him in high school likes him now and he confused our likely first round pick at QB into throwing a pick and we're looking for reasons why it could be a bad thing. Ok

Exactly. Not saying he's the second coming of Deion Sanders but most corners are only as effective as the scheme they're used in. Now, some guys are just incredible athletes who are super fluid and intelligent and can play any style you ask. Most corners can't do that though. As long as Diaz and Rumph aren't asking him to do things too far outside his comfort zone, he should be serviceable, at least. He's got two things you can't teach and that's height and speed.

Advertisement
For those who know what is Redwines game? Cover Corner? Ball Hawk?
He's more of a Zone cover corner with ball hawk skills, than a press cover type.
He doesn't have elite speed, but his length makes him ideal in covering bigger WR's.
Basically, he won't be covering Bobo Wilson or Kermit Whitfield when we play FSU.

For those who know what is Redwines game? Cover Corner? Ball Hawk?
He's more of a Zone cover corner with ball hawk skills, than a press cover type.
He doesn't have elite speed, but his length makes him ideal in covering bigger WR's.
Basically, he won't be covering Bobo Wilson or Kermit Whitfield when we play FSU.

Well as long as he can make Ermon Lane his bytch for 60min..then Redwine has earned his scholie in my book!

[video=youtube_share;bCH7Lc7ctC0]http://youtu.be/bCH7Lc7ctC0[/video]

Maurice Smith unlocks the entire defense.

If he comes, watch out. Defense could be lock down. We'd have 4 senior starters in the secondary, to pair with a dominant dline

We need Satan to continue to block Georgia, so Smith can arrive in Coral Gables to allow defensive greatness to germinate

Advertisement
We need smith

Defense could be pretty good with a couple more serviceable corners besides corn

The staff is not impressed with elder last I heard . He might be the one fighting for PT not Redwine and Colbert ? What makes elder better than johnson getting moved to nickel?

Last edited:
I see us looking for a grad for next year also. I see a few of our kids getting booted if they can't contribute next year . We're wasting their time and they're wasting ours . Bethune cookman , usf , fiu needs them .

good thing you only have less then 400 posts in your 4 years on the board. what a negitive nancy.

I see us looking for a grad for next year also. I see a few of our kids getting booted if they can't contribute next year . We're wasting their time and they're wasting ours . Bethune cookman , usf , fiu needs them .
I know Smart blocked transfers to Miami, but if this kid graduates, he may consider us an option with playing time on the table.
GEORGIADOGS.COM - Reggie Wilkerson Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site

Former 4-star from North Marion, I'd have to watch more film on him to determine if he's even worth it, but he hasn't played much at all since being at UGA.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Dude stfu we needed a CB this kid came to play . He has a second chance now he's making the best of it
It you negative d/ck head . Just maybe he should of been playing CB his entire career

Hoping to land Smith also. Like another poster said missing key time to gel and bond with these guys.
Exactly, plus he needs time to adjust. We don't play the same scheme as Bama & it's not like he's just going to come in and pickup our scheme right away. So, if he is going to be here, he needs to hurry the f*ck up & get over this Georgia sh*t.

Smith could walk in and pick this up in a week.

Exactly. yall muggs are being to dramatic about his "gel" time.

I know Smart blocked transfers to Miami, but if this kid graduates, he may consider us an option with playing time on the table.
GEORGIADOGS.COM - Reggie Wilkerson Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site
I don't see how smart blocking kids from going to Miami isn't going to **** off the local families . He could end up loosing south Florida kids by word of mouth

Advertisement
Such a false statement

Exactly. Not saying he's the second coming of Deion Sanders but most corners are only as effective as the scheme they're used in. Now, some guys are just incredible athletes who are super fluid and intelligent and can play any style you ask. Most corners can't do that though. As long as Diaz and Rumph aren't asking him to do things too far outside his comfort zone, he should be serviceable, at least. He's got two things you can't teach and that's height and speed.

Spot on. bro. A team is lucky to get a versatile corner.

This is why Corn Elder has struggled. The switch up in scheme has spotlighted his weaknesses. He doesn't have the girth or toughness to be a physical corner in Diaz system. But he does fit perfectly for the nickel. He can be like our Chris harris Jr.

Its rare you get a charles woodson, champ bailey, deion type... Patrick peterson has the skills but not as consistent as those two. Talib is pretty **** good at it, but still not as good as the former.

This is why i don't understand some NFl Gm's. YOu take a corner from a blitz man defense and put him in a zone defense and get upset when he is less productive. It's crazy to me.

Dude stfu we needed a CB this kid came to play . He has a second chance now he's making the best of it
It you negative d/ck head . Just maybe he should of been playing CB his entire career

Lmao relax. I'm glad he came for depth purposes, I'm not sure where I said otherwise. I just think if he's our #2 and we're talkin him up then it's an indictment on our cb's save Corn.

Advertisement
Back