Adrian Baker - Grad Transfer

YoungBallCoach

Redshirt Freshman
Any chance we take a shot at Adrian Baker ? Looks like he is about to be on the market.

[TWEET]829408251510927364[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Dude from Chaminade, right?

Def a worthwhile pickup. I liked him out of HS. He has talent. He tore his ACL last spring, so that's why he didnt play this past season, but he was slated to play a lot, I believe. Might even be able to get 2 years out of him (medical RS?)

Last edited:

Yup. And from what I remember we slow played him. He was committed to FSU and then ended up going to Clemson so he definitely had some solid offers at the time. He was just a South Florida DB in the #GoldenEra so we probably dropped the ball on him at the time.

Advertisement
Corner from Clemson? one thing they recruit athletes ill take a flyer on him for 1 year!

Advertisement
Dee Delaney.

Are you talking about this young man, if so he seems content to stay at the Citadel.

Link to article
Delaney talks future, decision to stay for senior year at Citadel | Bluffton Today

Delaney talks future, decision to stay for senior year at Citadel

Former Whale Branch football standout Dee Delaney is used to winning. It seems to follow him wherever he goes.

During his senior season in high school, Whale Branch finished fourth in the state, the Warriors’ highest ranking ever. He was also a star of the basketball team that winter and led the Warriors to a Lower State title. In the spring, he earned a gold medal in the 4-by-100 relay and helped win the first state championship in school history.

The wins kept coming once he hit the field at cornerback for The Citadel. In 2015, Delaney, a redshirt sophomore, earned Walter Camp All-American honors by recording 46 tackles, five interceptions, eight pass breakups, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and one blocked kick.

All of that contributed to the Bulldogs’ first FCS playoff appearance since 1992 and a 23-22 win over South Carolina that will be remembered in Charleston for years.

Delaney followed that up with another prolific season last year, again earning an All-American selection with 35 tackles, six interceptions, eight pass breakups and one fumble recovery.

The Citadel reached the second round of the playoffs for the second year in a row before being eliminated by Wofford.

Delaney elected to return for his senior season, passing up on an NFL career that many believed could have started in 2017. The 6-foot-1, 194-pound defensive back and business major believes he needs to finish what he started as a student-athlete.

“I talked to my family about it and we agreed that I should come back to school and get started on my master’s program and graduate school, rather than not finishing up school and taking that chance,” Delaney said. “And with the success we’ve had (in football) the last few years, we want to keep the expectations high and just keep moving forward.

He said plenty of folks were in his ear about leaving early.

“I tend to not spend a lot of time listening to people and what they think because there are so many opinions out there,” Delaney said.

CBS Sports projects Delaney as the 18th-ranked cornerback for the 2018 NFL draft class.

The rising senior has a long-term goal of starting his own business, which factored into his decision to stay, but he’s focused on his dream of playing professional football.

“I need to work on my footwork and my tackling,” he said. “(Scouts) all say the same thing. You need quick feet and the ability to tackle.

“As a pro you also need to be able to adapt to the speed and study film. A lot of it is being in the right position at the right time in a game. There’s just a lot of preparation that goes into being a professional athlete.”

Delaney said he’s currently working out and doing player-specific drills with teammates before team activity starts in the spring.

Dee Delaney.

Are you talking about this young man, if so he seems content to stay at the Citadel.

Link to article
Delaney talks future, decision to stay for senior year at Citadel | Bluffton Today

Delaney talks future, decision to stay for senior year at Citadel

Former Whale Branch football standout Dee Delaney is used to winning. It seems to follow him wherever he goes.

During his senior season in high school, Whale Branch finished fourth in the state, the Warriors’ highest ranking ever. He was also a star of the basketball team that winter and led the Warriors to a Lower State title. In the spring, he earned a gold medal in the 4-by-100 relay and helped win the first state championship in school history.

The wins kept coming once he hit the field at cornerback for The Citadel. In 2015, Delaney, a redshirt sophomore, earned Walter Camp All-American honors by recording 46 tackles, five interceptions, eight pass breakups, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and one blocked kick.

All of that contributed to the Bulldogs’ first FCS playoff appearance since 1992 and a 23-22 win over South Carolina that will be remembered in Charleston for years.

Delaney followed that up with another prolific season last year, again earning an All-American selection with 35 tackles, six interceptions, eight pass breakups and one fumble recovery.

The Citadel reached the second round of the playoffs for the second year in a row before being eliminated by Wofford.

Delaney elected to return for his senior season, passing up on an NFL career that many believed could have started in 2017. The 6-foot-1, 194-pound defensive back and business major believes he needs to finish what he started as a student-athlete.

“I talked to my family about it and we agreed that I should come back to school and get started on my master’s program and graduate school, rather than not finishing up school and taking that chance,” Delaney said. “And with the success we’ve had (in football) the last few years, we want to keep the expectations high and just keep moving forward.

He said plenty of folks were in his ear about leaving early.

“I tend to not spend a lot of time listening to people and what they think because there are so many opinions out there,” Delaney said.

CBS Sports projects Delaney as the 18th-ranked cornerback for the 2018 NFL draft class.

The rising senior has a long-term goal of starting his own business, which factored into his decision to stay, but he’s focused on his dream of playing professional football.

“I need to work on my footwork and my tackling,” he said. “(Scouts) all say the same thing. You need quick feet and the ability to tackle.

“As a pro you also need to be able to adapt to the speed and study film. A lot of it is being in the right position at the right time in a game. There’s just a lot of preparation that goes into being a professional athlete.”

Delaney said he’s currently working out and doing player-specific drills with teammates before team activity starts in the spring.

He tweeted this is his last semester. There's lots of smoke around him transferring , including our coaches and former players following him on Twitter.

Advertisement
Looks like Baker has been thinking about leaving Clemson for a few years now!

[video=youtube_share;E5QjnxSWKhc]https://youtu.be/E5QjnxSWKhc[/video]

Bring 'em both in if you can.

The grad transfer rule is great. AC was a solid player for us this year, it's too bad he got nicked up.

These are guys that can potentially help with depth, and don't impact scholarship #'s going forward.

What is the downside? We're going to be under 85 regardless.

Advertisement

Yup. And from what I remember we slow played him. He was committed to FSU and then ended up going to Clemson so he definitely had some solid offers at the time. He was just a South Florida DB in the #GoldenEra so we probably dropped the ball on him at the time.

Reading stuff like this makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Ill take him if we have the scholarship available. Ill take al grad transfers we have room for if it is even a special teams upgrade. It is pretty important we win a lot of games this year to maximize what looks to be an amazing class locally. Gotta get the look of trending up solidified with the local kids.

I think we took Mayes over him. SMH

Edit: no we didn't we took Burns and Corn. He was rated top 200 player by ESPN though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back