Adrian Baker (Clemson DB Grad Transfer)

On the Clemson roster, he's listed as 5'11", 180 from Hallandale Beach, FL. Had expected to be a starter at CB in 2016 before he tore his ACL in Spring Practice. Will graduate in the spring.

If he's fully recovered from his injury, looks like an excellent addition for depth and perhaps major playing time.

Advertisement
Would Clemson allow him to transfer in-conference?

Ladarius Gunter was in the same situation with Wake Forest IIRC so it's possible.

That was Mike Williams that Golden brought in. Sad thing is we were so bad he actually played. Never heard from again.

Gunter was a JUCO...

Here I was thinking gunter was the transfer from wake Forest all this time lmao my mistake. I don't even remember a Mike Williams in the secondary from that time

Ladarius Gunter was in the same situation with Wake Forest IIRC so it's possible.

That was Mike Williams that Golden brought in. Sad thing is we were so bad he actually played. Never heard from again.

Gunter was a JUCO...

Here I was thinking gunter was the transfer from wake Forest all this time lmao my mistake. I don't even remember a Mike Williams in the secondary from that time

That's how you know he wasn't good lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's a graduate transfer the school has no control over him. He can come here and if you guys focus on Clemson players that go to the pros you see they almost always succeed this decade so I can only imagine this kid will come in and produce

We've discussed this at length...last year it came up with DB from Bama. It's the same as a regular transfer they just don't have to sit. The school CAN block a transfer to a specific school.

Not surpisingly, you're 100% wrong.

That rule with the DB from Bama was a SEC rule, not a NCAA rule. last time I checked neither us nor Clemson were in the SEC so it doesn't apply.

Hth

You should make sure you're right before taking such a condescending tone because when you're wrong, like you are here, you look like an overflowing condom.

Of course disappears from the thread lol. Alabama was using the SEC rule as an excuse to not release him to Georgia. Ultimately they have the same discretion to block the player as they do for a regular transfer.

Advertisement

Gunter was a JUCO...

We all want to forget them kind of years. Lol

Not likely....

Its already explained earlier in thread but this isn't true, he can transfer where he wants. Alabama blocked the grad transfer because it was an SEC rule. The ACC has no such rule.

Not sure why I bother, but for the millionth time....wether a grad transfer or a regular transfer your school needs to grant a release. This is not an SEC rule, this is an NCAA rule. The SEC happened to also have rule barring transfers within conference and they tried to use that as an excuse to not release Smith. This is the same reason Richt can block Gus from going to Syracuse or Pitt....even as a graduate he needs a release.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back