Administration

Haters? I don't think pointing out the administration HAD the money but was CHOOSING not to spend it makes anyone a hater. It was just a fact. It was a source of frustration for fans knowing we were fighting with one hand tied behind our back. I'm glad they finally stepped up, but I'm not giving anyone an award for doing what they should have been doing all along.

Advertisement
They juiced and low balled the football program we monetarily and emotionally for over a decade...on purpose. 5 years or so ago about 5% of our fanbase noticed we were getting duped and called the administration, BOT, and Golden out. 85% of the fanbase went crazy on us for doing so. Now here we are being called haters after that same 85% finally has woken up and joined the ranks providing a call to change that the administration couldn't ignore any longer. 1) What took yall so long. 2) Why do people deserve props for finally doing their jobs for 1 week out of the last decade? 3) Do u think its audacious to call those who simply expected them to do their jobs, "haters"? 4) Why are yall the same dudes that hate Butch Davis but still love Golden deep down lol!

Big indictment on Shalala. She was a cancer reallly. From cheap hires to allowing Shapiro to infiltrate and almost destroy the program. They need to keep on, it doesnt stop, we are just trying to catch up

I really hate the universal use of the word "haters." It is really hateful towards folks who have different opinions. It is also hateful towards older members of this forum who are the subject of ageism. Older folks don't all have the social media connections to know the proper use of popular memes and may perceive themselves the target of this form of micro aggression.

I'm going to my quiet space now.

One good hire doesn't erase 14 years of incompetence, and quite frankly, having its priorities wrong. We still need a lot of work.

Give Rocht the $ to hire serious coaches. Start a campaign to raise money for a stadium. Build a bubble practice field. Continue improving facilities. Hopefully the investment into the Richt is the start of more to come.

Advertisement
It was all Shalala.

When she left Wiskonson the football program got better. Now that she has left UM, the admin will start to care about football again. She dragged baseball and football into the abyss.

Last edited:
It was all Shalala.

I cant believe people defended dis bytch on here....... It was too obvious with heftjis is the new miami bullshyt. Fkin zombies people r

As a school president, I think she was excellent (academics, funding, endowment, publicity, etc). To say she wasnt is head in sand. However, for the football team, she was sh1tty. I think many can separate the two.

One good hire doesn't erase 14 years of incompetence, and quite frankly, having its priorities wrong. We still need a lot of work.

Give Rocht the $ to hire serious coaches. Start a campaign to raise money for a stadium. Build a bubble practice field. Continue improving facilities. Hopefully the investment into the Richt is the start of more to come.

So true. I mean improving the academics and endowment are some pretty messed up priorities.

Advertisement

So true. I mean improving the academics and endowment are some pretty messed up priorities.

Oh, you're that guy. No one said those shouldn't be a priority. That goes without saying. However, Shalala's milkiing of the football program and putting it on its knees is pure incompetence. Being aware I will get negged for using this analogy on this board but Athletics, particularly Football, is one of the school's biggest pillars.

It seems like everyone is looking for someone to blame for not spending money before. The football program didn't produce that much money in the past compared to big time programs. There's one reason they now spent money on a new coach. They now have it - Adidas.

Oh, you're that guy. No one said those shouldn't be a priority. That goes without saying. However, Shalala's milkiing of the football program and putting it on its knees is pure incompetence. Being aware I will get negged for using this analogy on this board but Athletics, particularly Football, is one of the school's biggest pillars.

I am that guy because I have two degrees from Miami. And as much as I love the football program, I want those degrees to have maximum value. And it is a University first and foremost. The University improved under Donna, the rankings went up. People can say what they want to about she did for the football program she was good for the University as a whole. And not really sure what you mean by milking of the football program.

It seems like everyone is looking for someone to blame for not spending money before. The football program didn't produce that much money in the past compared to big time programs. There's one reason they now spent money on a new coach. They now have it - Adidas.

LIES

All LIES!!!!!!

Advertisement
It was all Shalala.

No it wasn't. She was part of a larger, longer standing apathy or outright disdain for the football program. Tad Foote wasn't exactly Mr. Football either. This is the first time that I can recall significant support.

That's what made guys like Jimmy, Butch, etc so impressive. They did it despite dealing with a lackluster administration.

Advertisement
Back