Admin should be starting the hiring process now!!

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
Don't look like fools getting 10th guy on the list waiting til the end.
Have someone ready.

Advertisement
How the **** does Blake James have a job still? We need a new AD.

I suspect that conversation is already happening in the upper reaches of the BOT. There's probably a split between pro- and anti- Butch people as well as others who want to completely clean house and conduct a blood purge of the entire Atheletic Department.

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone from WEZ sitting on the board.

Don't look like fools getting 10th guy on the list waiting til the end.
Have someone ready.

Looking like FOOLS is what the BOT does best. You want to take away their featured talent?

Like last time, we're going to be rejected by numerous coaches. Butch will be the 17th choice, and he'll take it.

I suspect that conversation is already happening in the upper reaches of the BOT. There's probably a split between pro- and anti- Butch people as well as others who want to completely clean house and conduct a blood purge of the entire Atheletic Department.

Agreed. Guarantee they are already assessing options. As bad as our Board is, they still have a duty to all the stakeholders and know they can't sit idle anymore.

Advertisement
LOL...the BOT is not meeting or having water cooler conversations at this time. They will wait, like they have always done until the kitchen stove is on fire! And in their eyes, it's not this current moment.

Actually there is.....

Them starting the process now would require

1) Them to give a **** about the football program
2) Having enough intelligence to recognize the value in getting ahead of the process
3) Them to give a **** about the football program.

My advice to everyone is don't get too carried away and assume he's already fired. We're dealing with THE most apathetic and incompetent set of decision makers in the country.

Root for FSU, then go from there. The job's not done yet given the ******** pulling the strings.

Advertisement
So true but i believe they know the wheels have falling off i don't give a **** that they have finally see the writing on the wall as long as they see it now lets get us a Real coach.

I've already posted thoughts on this. Honestly I think if Golden were to go 7-6 and go to a bowl Miami would keep him. They would do the minimum and cite improvement and it's really year whatever, blah. You have the BORG that couldn't shoot straight with three consecutive bonehead hires, a president whose priorities probably don't include a football coach search, a nonexistent fanbase save for a few staunch vocal grizzled UM veterans, an impassive media, built-in laissez faire attitude due to revenue sharing and an AD that has defended the coach so much that he wouldn't think of putting a short list of potential hires together until the deed is done after the season. Just guessing.

You can't formally nor informally look for a head coach while you have a coach that is looked upon negatively by all coaches. Now most good AD's have a short list of 3-6 guys they always keep tabs on over the years just in case they need to make a change. Does Blake James have that list who knows, but I am sure he will plenty of suggestions, if/when the time comes to replace All Golden at the end of the season.

The bigger issue is the large number of Job Openings in December will drive up the price for a quality Head Coach even the rising stars. An also this will drive up the salaries of assistant coaches that a new head coach would try to hire. An Miami has to pay Golden's buyouts then that could also play a part, in whom we land. Wisconsin has lost a lot of coaches over the years because they don't pay well.

Go Canes

How the **** does Blake James have a job still? We need a new AD.

We have a former ticket salesman from Maine for an athletic director, and we have the former chairman of Taco Bell running our university.

I guarantee they botch this and **** it up. Guarantee. Watch it happen.

Advertisement
NFL analysts just said rumor is that Philbin could be fired before the next game. If that happens could it be contagious?

NFL analysts just said rumor is that Philbin could be fired before the next game. If that happens could it be contagious?

He should be ... And that's where Pagano or Hue Jackson would wind up.

That was a terrible hire, from the beginning, IMO.

Advertisement
This is really easy: call butch tell him to start assembling a staff and be ready after the last regular season game.

Serious question. Has there ever been a worse football coaching duo than Folden and Philbum?

Serious question. Has there ever been a worse football coaching duo than Folden and Philbum?

Probably not worse ... But Sparano and Shannon might be about the same ....

Probably not worse ... But Sparano and Shannon might be about the same ....

Even Sparano made the playoffs tho. Even if just for one yr. Got ****.

Advertisement
Back