ADIDAS overtakes Jordan as #2 in the USA...........

Kanye is a big reason for it along with the nmds/ultra boost and a couple of their other shoes. Kanye got the hottest shoes on the market with those yeezy boost at least more so than any retro jordan shoe

The only Jordan shoe that's competing w the Yeezys are the Kaws, Dons, and OVOs. But they are supremely limited and extremely expensive, it's not even worth messing w. Plus they're not enough on the market to compete w the Yeezy Boost.

Nike gotta be kicking themselves in the nuts b/c of Kanye and Curry. Both of them truly loved Nike; Ye just wanted more creative control and not having his stuff pushed back, and in typical Nike fashion, acted like he needed them, not the other way around. What they did to Curry was plain disrespectful; using the KD slide, calling him Steph-On, and he was STILL willing to re-up b/c of his love for them, until they told him they weren't allowing new guys to have basketball clinics, which was a total lie, b/c they let K.I have a b-ball clinic. Nike has made a lot of dumb decision w Parker at full control.
Are you talking new releases? If not, there are still some retro's with ridiculous hype, 1s come immediately to mind (banned, SB, royals)

Yes; I forgot about The Royals and Banned....however, Jordan gotta start making the shoes more exclusive like once b4. I stay w J's on my feet, but I would say most of my J's are originals. I think Adidas hype will fall back. It kind of remind me of Samsung v. Apple. But regardless, Parker has made some awful decisions that's put a ***** in Nike's armour

The problem was that by making Jordans "Exclusive", a lot of people lost interest. People got tired of standing in line to buy shoes that had been retroed last year, and the year before that. How about Jordan Brand releases some shoes that aren't based on designs from the Reagan administration? How about that. Frankly, Lebron and KD are releasing far better designs than Jordan Brand right now, and it's not particularly close. The Lebron 9s crapped on anything Jordan has released since MJ retired, same with the LBJ 10s.

Jordans became the shoes of hypebeasts, and people like me moved on to other stuff. Once Nike started releasing Foams in sufficient quantities, I started snapping them up, same with the Penny 1s.

Brother, couldn't agree w you more.

Advertisement
Brand loyalty is strong here. Would you guys eat publix brand lucky charms if mom brought them home?

I'm not ---the sneakers I purchase tend to be more fashionable casual wear (Gucci, or obscure European or Japanese brands etc). I don't own a pair of Adidas, but I see them EVERYWHERE. I absolutely believe Kanye has significantly increased the brand recognition of the company. Millennials love that shoe, man, and even if they can't afford Kanyes', it means they are more likely to purchase Adidas because of the brand association.

^^^Case in point, I've notices Adidas is somewhat using the Kanye "base-look" in some of their other sneaker designs and I see many Millennials wearing thems shats. I like the look too, the price point is really good, and I will probably purchase a pair and use them for a work-out shoe.

Also, someone mentioned the rise of soccer in the US as a reason, and that's correct too.

adidas sucks

the shoes I mean, especially for basketball.. god ESPECIALLY their basketball shoes are downright HORRIBLE

nike hyperdunks are light years ahead of anything adidas has ever put out in that regard

Nike mouth breathers lose their credibility when their argument is about "quality." If that were the case then UA would be the best choice and it's not even close.

UA's main issue is their designs are HORRIBLE

they're ugly as ****, all of their shoes.. if they could just get someone in there with some vision, i'd probably switch over

but as it stands, nike hyperdunks especially the 2014 ones are completely untouchable at least on the bball court

Here is the issue: Street fashion is a huge market (many of the big fashion houses have dipped into it), and no one wants to wear Nike "basketball sneakers" with casual wear or jeans. It's a god-awful look. If on the basketball court? Sure, slap on a pair of Nikes. But anywhere else? No way. You **** near can't wear Nike Basketball sneakers with jeans without looking like a 16 year old.

Adidas is doing a great job merging a more modern fashionable look that's versatile enough to wear for many occasions, with the performance you get from high quality athletic sneakers.

Last edited:
Hah, yeah I'm older (42) but love keeping up with sneaker trends and I'm a clothes horse. The adidas boost line collabs are where it's at. The way adidas manages limited supply and premium collab artists is real impressive. They've done a great job at building the premium aspect of these limited run shoes. And fwiw, I don't own a pair of adidas (yet). Lol

We are the same dude. I am 43, but keep up with sneaker trends and fashion

giphy.gif

This is misleading, the Adidas Brand over took the Jordan brand. Adidas did not take over the number 1 spot which is held by Nike. As we all know the Jordan brand is part of Nike.

How is it misleading? Nike isn't mentioned anywhere in the post?

It clearly says Adidas bends over Jordan & takes the #2 spot.

Advertisement
adidas sucks

the shoes I mean, especially for basketball.. god ESPECIALLY their basketball shoes are downright HORRIBLE

nike hyperdunks are light years ahead of anything adidas has ever put out in that regard

Nike mouth breathers lose their credibility when their argument is about "quality." If that were the case then UA would be the best choice and it's not even close.

they're ugly as ****, all of their shoes.. if they could just get someone in there with some vision, i'd probably switch over

but as it stands, nike hyperdunks especially the 2014 ones are completely untouchable at least on the bball court
Surprised you feel that way. Which shoes did you have?

I've heard very good things about the Crazy Explosives, Harden V1's, Lillards, etc. Since they've been using the boost/bounce technology their basketball shoes have been largely well received.

I was a bit harsh..

it's been a while since I've even looked at what they have THESE days, but that should be a testament to just how BAD they were at one point.

I've got endless stories between the years of 04-08 of these shoes dooming ankles and just falling apart in general

It really did get to the point where I said I'd never even bother with them again

Perhaps they're really good now, I would sure hope something changed

A bit harsh? You are indicting an entire company for "downright horrible" shoes from 10 years ago. You are touting a Nike shoe from almost 4 years ago.

Before Jordan signed with Nike, they were an also-ran. At one point, Converse dominated the basketball shoe market. Things change.

As for all of the dorks slobbering all over Kanye's d!ck, get over it. Yes, he is responsible for some of the adidas resurgence. IN ADDITION, you can also credit the rise of soccer in the US, the improved shoes in hoops and football, and the overall investment that adidas has made in programs that Nike has overlooked.

I know that Nike still has the incumbency edge, having spent a ton of money for decades, but adidas is catching up, and doing so with quality and money, not just "Kanye".

talk to d rose bout those adidas shoes

there's been a long long history of those things cursing the people that have worn them

I dare not ever go near them again

All Nike does is recycle old designs. They're hanging on based on old dopey hype heads who stick with a brand till death just because it was cool 15 years ago.

As soon as our athletic department signed the contract with Adidas, I became an Adidas guy.

Fūck brand loyalty to some faceless shoe company that only cares about Oregon football.

My only brand loyalty is to this U.

lol I am an adidas head, became a fan when kobe was rocking it back in the day and as much as I'd like to think we have something to do with being the new #2 , the is no correlation lol

Advertisement
adidas sucks

I've heard very good things about the Crazy Explosives, Harden V1's, Lillards, etc. Since they've been using the boost/bounce technology their basketball shoes have been largely well received.

I have the crazy explosive low's and theyre the best shoe I've ever played in.

adidas sucks

I have the crazy explosive low's and theyre the best shoe I've ever played in.

You play like crazy explosive diarrhea.

Advertisement
Good for Adidas. While I have Js on.

Yes I'm stuck in the past.

I still rock with the Canes too because of the past. Sticking with them and Nike/Jordan. Adidas is Florida State to me.....

adidas sucks

Here is the issue: Street fashion is a huge market (many of the big fashion houses have dipped into it), and no one wants to wear Nike "basketball sneakers" with casual wear or jeans. It's a god-awful look. If on the basketball court? Sure, slap on a pair of Nikes. But anywhere else? No way. You **** near can't wear Nike Basketball sneakers with jeans without looking like a 16 year old.

Adidas is doing a great job merging a more modern fashionable look that's versatile enough to wear for many occasions, with the performance you get from high quality athletic sneakers.

This. I read an article a while back on Under Armor and how they went from being a rising #2 to a distant 4th. Street wear has become fashionable again and while Nike and Adidas have options that aren't corny looking athletic shoes, Under Armor put all their eggs in the athletic shoe basket and their sales have crumbled. If you're not at the gym or actually playing a sport, wearing athletic shoes looks stupid as ****. I've got a pair of Nike runners for the gym but otherwise, I'm usually in some chucks or Adidas street shoes (Campus being my favorite).

I still rock with the Canes too because of the past. Sticking with them and Nike/Jordan. Adidas is Florida State to me.....

King has helped re-shape Adidas in the U.S; can't hate on that. Parker allowed his arrogance to keep him in neutral and he's been riding the waves that Knight created. There's been flaws in Nike's business model that are archaic, and it's caught up them. The new designs stink. The new LBJ's stink, KD's are decent, the newer Jordans ain't popping.

You know bro I'm all about Nike, but they've been messing up. I think they are starting to realize that, so they've shifted gears...starting to delve into the Hollywood scene like Adidas....BUT they continue to focus on basketball and athletic shoes. Like, Pharrell's Tennis Hus are dope. The Yeezy boots and boost are dope. Nike have to use Hollywood and dive into the fashion side as well. I love the OVOs, but they are nothing more than Jordans w an owl! F the material change, I'm talking about the actual sneaker. Y not spin OVOs to a fashion brand w/o the jump man logo and create a different buzz and have Drake really be a voice of that line? MJ and Nike would still get broke off, and now you've created a new lane.

Knowing MJ, he won't allow this to hold too much longer, but Adidas have really become a cool brand over night and I thought I would never say that.

Advertisement
I'm a Kanye Stan (one of the best concerts you'll ever go to if you ever get the chance), but he in no way is responsible for ADIDAS' ascent to Number 2. The dude is somewhat of a joke actually these days (getting checked by Jay, and beefing with Taylor Swift (wtf)). Dude is stuck in the sunken place.

This has more to do with guys like Snoop and Khalid who've given ADIDAS a much needed shot of street credibility.

Snoop and Khalid? Lmao. Ummm, nope. Ask any industry person and they'll tell you Kanye is a big reason why. Adidas followed that up with terrific collabs with their UB line.

The "street credibility" is nonsense. Adidas has taken over the millennial market, not the street market.

This man knows what he's talking about
[MENTION=32]AUcane[/MENTION] always took you for an old head with the way you spoke about some things but your sneaker knowledge on point. Impressed man. Anyone saying that Kanye isn't the reason shows they don't know a thing. Similar to saying Jordan Spieth and not Steph Curry took UA to a new level. Kanye has some of the most committed fans and they hype around his shoes literally jolted the adidas brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody seriously said that. You're taking this way too seriously.

King has helped re-shape Adidas in the U.S; can't hate on that. Parker allowed his arrogance to keep him in neutral and he's been riding the waves that Knight created. There's been flaws in Nike's business model that are archaic, and it's caught up them. The new designs stink. The new LBJ's stink, KD's are decent, the newer Jordans ain't popping.

You know bro I'm all about Nike, but they've been messing up. I think they are starting to realize that, so they've shifted gears...starting to delve into the Hollywood scene like Adidas....BUT they continue to focus on basketball and athletic shoes. Like, Pharrell's Tennis Hus are dope. The Yeezy boots and boost are dope. Nike have to use Hollywood and dive into the fashion side as well. I love the OVOs, but they are nothing more than Jordans w an owl! F the material change, I'm talking about the actual sneaker. Y not spin OVOs to a fashion brand w/o the jump man logo and create a different buzz and have Drake really be a voice of that line? MJ and Nike would still get broke off, and now you've created a new lane.

Knowing MJ, he won't allow this to hold too much longer, but Adidas have really become a cool brand over night and I thought I would never say that.

Most Jordan's I buy, are older versions. Banned 1s, Taxi 12s, etc. As far as trainer/runner, I'm a Presto junkie. Adidas has nothing I want. Prestos are plenty comfortable, and is cheaper than Ultra Boost.

Most Jordan's I buy, are older versions. Banned 1s, Taxi 12s, etc. As far as trainer/runner, I'm a Presto junkie. Adidas has nothing I want. Prestos are plenty comfortable, and is cheaper than Ultra Boost.

Have you seen the new hurraches!? Yo, those joints are stuuuuuuupid sick! And you're right, he prestos are way cheaper and equally as comfortable

Advertisement
Back