ADIDAS overtakes Jordan as #2 in the USA...........

Tweed

Sophomore
I DON'T FIND IT COICIDENTAL HOW THEIR SUCCESS IS ALIGNED WITH OUR DEAL !!!!!

[TWEET]909841685852561408[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Kanye West effect

He's made profits skyrocket due to increased brand recognition and the "cool" factor in the US

Advertisement
Kanye was a great move by adidas. Go to /r/sneakers on reddit and 8 out of every 10 posts are about adidas boost.

Advertisement

No, their recent success is coincidencing with their addition of Kanye West to their roster.

Tweed I respect all your work on the crootin board, but you're out of your league here man. Sneakerheads know. Without Kanye adidas would be irrelevant now. They won big from Nike's huge mistake to not let Kanye do what he wanted. Put it this way, Kanye is bigger than their biggest athlete in James HArden. Adidas is raking not from actual athletic footwear, but from fashion wear. Adidas isn't respectable on a basketball court because they're shoes aren't good. The brand has grown with Kanyes growth with them. Now its at the point where its cool again, but its ironic that its cool not because of sports but because a rapper.

And everyone sees Adidas as a hero on here and the fact of the matter is they were a desperate brand looking for any school to hitch their wagon to. They had recently lost ND, Michigan, and Tennessee when they got us. Three massive schools. The just lost UCLA. They were hoping that we would be back quick and were willing to throw all the money at us because they needed us to save their football brand. Nike would have kept us for a similar amount IF we had taken care of the brand and maintained a competitive program. While we are on the way back, its not Nike's fault they weren't gonna pay what adidas did for us. We were not worth it at the time. These brands look for schools with success that are on the national spotlight often. It is no coincidence that a non Nike school has not made the playoff. Nike pays for quality. We will be the first non Nike school to do it, but had we taken care of our brand we would still be with them

... a nice sentiment, but I have a hard time believing that "The U" and adidas aligning has caused a significant jump in their footwear. Especially considering the Canes are 18-9 since signing with adidias and haven't crossed that proverbial hump regarding being "back"—losing seven in a row to FSU, not sniffing the Coastal in a dozen tries (let alone an ACC title) or doing the type of thing that makes Miami a national draw.

Getting back to that point, but still a ways to go.

adidas is one of the largest global sports platforms on the planet. As much as any Canes fan wants to believe UM is moving the needle with them at this point, it's simply not the case.

Get back to winning conferences and competing for titles and then yes—you'll see more U gear nationally.

il_fullxfull-377595003_kehu.jpg

Guys, geeeeeezuz christ..........I was joking. Just a way to garner the Canes some attention on social media.

Advertisement
It has nothing to do with Kanye. It's 100% attributable to "The Kool Effect".

maxresdefault-3.jpg

Advertisement

No, their recent success is coincidencing with their addition of Kanye West to their roster.

Tweed I respect all your work on the crootin board, but you're out of your league here man. Sneakerheads know. Without Kanye adidas would be irrelevant now. They won big from Nike's huge mistake to not let Kanye do what he wanted. Put it this way, Kanye is bigger than their biggest athlete in James HArden. Adidas is raking not from actual athletic footwear, but from fashion wear. Adidas isn't respectable on a basketball court because they're shoes aren't good. The brand has grown with Kanyes growth with them. Now its at the point where its cool again, but its ironic that its cool not because of sports but because a rapper.

And everyone sees Adidas as a hero on here and the fact of the matter is they were a desperate brand looking for any school to hitch their wagon to. They had recently lost ND, Michigan, and Tennessee when they got us. Three massive schools. The just lost UCLA. They were hoping that we would be back quick and were willing to throw all the money at us because they needed us to save their football brand. Nike would have kept us for a similar amount IF we had taken care of the brand and maintained a competitive program. While we are on the way back, its not Nike's fault they weren't gonna pay what adidas did for us. We were not worth it at the time. These brands look for schools with success that are on the national spotlight often. It is no coincidence that a non Nike school has not made the playoff. Nike pays for quality. We will be the first non Nike school to do it, but had we taken care of our brand we would still be with them
Nike fan boy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nike fan boy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guilty as charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nike had no interest in paying Miami fair market value(95% of Nike schools are getting straight screwed on their apparel deals). In fact, they paid Michigan and Tennessee merely to kill Adidas' momentum, and they didn't want to pay those schools what they ended up paying. I know the Nike loyalists want to believe that the swoosh is the best thing since sliced bread, but they've shown over and over to be a lazy, stuck in the past company that relies on manufactured cool, instead of real stuff. Adidas, by taking an interest in pop culture, and aggressively recruiting Kanye, and setting their entire company around him, reestablished themselves as forward thinking. Remember, it was Adidas, not Nike that signed RUN DMC, it was Adidas that started the retro movement, by re-releasing Stan Smiths and the like, years before Nike started with their Retro program.

Adidas has found their footing once again, and I wouldn't be shocked if they stayed a firm #2 for years to come. There are too many brainwashed idiots that idolize Nike for anyone to overtake the swoosh, but Adidas can be the alternative.

Advertisement
Back