Adidas New Jersey Material

GenericYesMan

Junior
They said we'd be getting rid of the "tread" on the jerseys, this is the new Primeknit #A1 Football Uniform they are using at the Army All American Game. I'm guessing this is what the uniforms will be built from next year

6xoYvfO.jpg

Of1vxAI.jpg

NyuRsnp.jpg

I know threads about uniforms/cleats/aesthetics triggers the older folks on the board, so trigger warning I guess.

Advertisement
Meh. My biggest issue with our jersey is the letters from the names on the back.They often look crooked. They size also seems disproportionate.

Meh. My biggest issue with our jersey is the letters from the names on the back.They often look crooked. They size also seems disproportionate.

Adidas' nameplates are horrific across the board, and the orange letters on the green uniforms are awful.

Maybe with new material they can have better nameplates that don't stretch.

Advertisement
Should make for a better (i.e. less distracting/noticeable) look than the current tread pattern. I'll chalk it up as a win. Unis keep getting better.

ya those nameplates have looked awful but it could be from our side because I don't really see it at other adidas schools.

what advantages does this fabric have over wool?

Wool, are you crazy? We play in Miami temps, wool is the worst thing you could wear. Linen's what you want for football uniforms, it's breathable and lightweight.

Advertisement
Why would they make our uniforms in New Jersey of all places?

Idiots must not know there's cheaper options overseas.

ya those nameplates have looked awful but it could be from our side because I don't really see it at other adidas schools.

Texas A&M and Mississippi State have the same weird nameplates like we do

USATSI_10376569-1280x636.jpg

rawImage.jpg

ccf660fb-8790-4dbf-998a-88d98fd28017-AP17316082967449.jpg

Louisville is pretty solid though

lamar-jackson-2-1-e1514144656520.jpg

Advertisement
what advantages does this fabric have over wool?

Wool, are you crazy? We play in Miami temps, wool is the worst thing you could wear. Linen's what you want for football uniforms, it's breathable and lightweight.

Lmao...you must not be familiar with Ben.

If he doesn't appreciate the inherent value of linen as an athletic fabric, I'm not sure I wish to know him.

Advertisement
I bought a golf shirt the other day made out of what I suspect is this fabric.Stuff if light and very soft feel for a golf shirt but the fabric breathes very well.

Not 100% sure but if it’s not the same material it should be.Bought it at academy.A little pricey for academy ,85 bucks I think,but well worth it for the quality of the shirt.

The jerseys are made with a, “ribbed knit pattern” which allegedly aides in body mapping to match the contours of a player’s body. That matches contemporary trends aimed at making all uniforms as tight to players’ bodies as possible.

Given the build of the stars in Saturday’s game, there’s no surprise that they want the tightest knit possible, both to aid performance and showcase their musculature.

U.S. Army Bowl unis showcase Adidas’ newest tech, but all eyes will be on cleats | USA TODAY High School Sports

Advertisement
Back