Adidas have any influence?

Advertisement
Lol. You mean the adidas that currently has our best player on the basketball team on the bench,? The adidas that was investigated by the FBI? GTFO

Yes, they do have considerable influence.

Whether they choose to use it is another matter. But yeah, money talks.

Here’s y Adidas won’t catch up to Nike. The moment Nike felt Adidas on its heels, it figured out what was making Adidas so popular. The key? Urban street wear v. athletic street wear. B-ball shoes were beginning to fade, while designer shoes and urban shoes kicked up the market. Add in Kanye going live on radio to diss Nike and make his shoes seem like a demi-god, must wear appearal, and voila, Adidas began to cook.

So Nike did what any petty, competitor would do....see their products, and started to low key copy cat. But then they went a step further, they re-created the image of the J’s and started to collab w/ street designers and high fashion designers, while making them ultra limited. They took the iconic shoe and made it a myth, in a sense. Then they collared w all the designers that helped Ye and created their own version of urban fashion. Then basketball players started to IG their sneaker head collections and that added more followings.

The results? Nike has completed dominated the shoe market again. Now w Adidas getting bad press from Ye and this FBI probe, they dipped a bit, but Pharrell is making monster shoes as well.

Every time we watch college football, at least 3 of the 4 teams are Nike sponsored. It’s this thing they do w marketing that is shear genius. Mr King for Adidas did his thing by switching its focus to the US and he was giving Nike a run for its money, but for some inexplicable reason, he resigned from his position.

Now that Puma is throwing its hat in the ring, it’s going to be interesting in the shoe wars. My problem w Puma is that they’re sponsoring all unproven big men (except Boogie), and it’s known fact, big men don’t move weight like that.

Adidas did right by us by ponying up that money, but didn’t appreciate them getting Coach L & the B ball team caught up. I can’t imagine they’re happy w their investment. They put faith in us, and we have yet to yield results.
Ok so u think ya winning is gonna make more ppl want to buy adidas sneakers?? There’s no correlation there. Adidas sponsored us when we was *** and had al golden. Which means they weren’t banking on us winning nattys when he hadn’t had a 10 win season in 12 years..unless they were idiots..which they are not..they were banking on our brand being strong. Which it is. U see the U and ppl know exactly who that represents. So adidas paid to put their symbol on it. Just like they did with Notre Dame when they was ***. And Michigan. Not because either programs were winning ****...similar to the Yankees, knicks, or lakers..those brands are bigger than a sponsor..and in college the U brand stands on its own

Here’s y Adidas won’t catch up to Nike. The moment Nike felt Adidas on its heels, it figured out what was making Adidas so popular. The key? Urban street wear v. athletic street wear. Also running shoes. B-ball shoes were beginning to fade, while designer shoes and urban shoes kicked up the market. Add w Kanye going live on radio to diss Nike and make his shoes seem like a demi-god, must wear appearal, and voila, Adidas began to cook.

So Nike did what any petty, competitor would do....see their products, and started to low key copy cat. But then they went a step further, they re-created the image of the J’s and started to collab w/ street designers and high fashion designers, while making them ultra limited. They took the iconic shoe and made it a myth, in a sense. Then they collabed w all the designers that helped Ye and created their own version of urban fashion. Then basketball players started to IG their sneaker head collections and that added more followings.

I remember @brock saying how comfortable the ultra boost were, so Nike created its on version of the boost w the epic reacts which created a new frenzy.

The results? Nike has completed dominated the shoe market again. Now w Adidas getting bad press from Ye and this FBI probe, they dipped a bit, but Pharrell is making monster shoes as well.

Every time we watch college football, at least 3 of the 4 teams are Nike sponsored. It’s this thing they do w marketing that is shear genius. Mr King for Adidas did his thing by switching its focus to the US and he was giving Nike a run for its money, but for some inexplicable reason, he resigned from his position.

Now that Puma is throwing its hat in the ring, it’s going to be interesting in the shoe wars. My problem w Puma is that they’re sponsoring all unproven big men (except Boogie), and it’s known fact, big men don’t move weight like that.

Adidas did right by us by ponying up that money, but I didn’t appreciate them getting Coach L & the B ball team caught up. I can’t imagine they’re happy w their investment. They put faith in us, and we have yet to yield results.
I agree adidas won’t OVERTAKE Nike. But I’m in NYC rn and I see Adidas is jalmost( most adidas I’ve ever seen In NYC) as prevalent as Nike..will they put Nike out of biz..**** no..but would or most dismiss adidas gear like I would’ve 7 years ago, no

I agree adidas won’t OVERTAKE Nike. But I’m in NYC rn and I see Adidas is jalmost( most adidas I’ve ever seen In NYC) as prevalent as Nike..will they put Nike out of biz..**** no..but would or most dismiss adidas gear like I would’ve 7 years ago, no

Adidas made a strong comeback, now I’m starting to see some Puma love too. But out on the West, Nike still dominates by a wide margin. I would expect NYC to f w Adidas especially since Adidas f’d w Run DMC back in the day, and a lot of Knick fans I know said they would never put J’s on their feet. Lol. I know they lying, but still funny to hear.

Advertisement
Ok so u think ya winning is gonna make more ppl want to buy adidas sneakers?? There’s no correlation there. Adidas sponsored us when we was *** and had al golden. Which means they weren’t banking on us winning nattys when he hadn’t had a 10 win season in 12 years..unless they were idiots..which they are not..they were banking on our brand being strong. Which it is. U see the U and ppl know exactly who that represents. So adidas paid to put their symbol on it. Just like they did with Notre Dame when they was ***. And Michigan. Not because either programs were winning ****...similar to the Yankees, knicks, or lakers..those brands are bigger than a sponsor..and in college the U brand stands on its own

Naw, naw, naw; this is were we’re going to have to disagree. If a company is investing in a school, it’s not just about exposure for their brand, it’s also about yielding results.

ND, Mich, and Miami, all iconic brands. When they fell on hard times, Adidas stepped in hopes to capitalize; hoping these schools become on top again. Winning is a prime commodity for these apparel companies.

Nike became big b/c it was associated w Jordan. Then it strategically aligned itself w Miami b/c we were winning. Ppl like to be associated w winners. LBJ shoes sell b/c he’s a winner. No apparel company is simply aligning itself w a person or team for the fck of it. Exposure is one thing, but they are looking for a return on that investment. Biggest return? Winning.

Adidas made a strong comeback, now I’m starting to see some Puma love too. But out on the West, Nike still dominates by a wide margin. I would expect NYC to f w Adidas especially since Adidas f’d w Run DMC back in the day, and a lot of Knick fans I know said they would never put J’s on their feet. Lol. I know they lying, but still funny to hear.
I think out west a lil behind on the urban fashion..or at least that’s what it used to be when I was growing up..and idk when I was in Cali last year I saw adidas well repped..I know personally I’m gettin on the NB and champion gear now too

I think out west a lil behind on the urban fashion..or at least that’s what it used to be when I was growing up..and idk when I was in Cali last year I saw adidas well repped..I know personally I’m gettin on the NB and champion gear now too

Def on that NB gear fa shoe. I’ve always been a fan of NB and Saucony, but I like that they are making a comeback.

Cali was always behind, even in the music dept. I remember going doing South to visit my fam in Mississippi and that’s where I first heard “Bills” by Destiny Child. Hit my relative in L.A and asked them if they heard that new Destiny Child, and I swear that **** said “you mean, ‘No, No, No’?” Lol.

Adidas was being rocked for a minute, but it faded back to Nikes, again, especially w LBJ in town down South and KD up North.

Naw, naw, naw; this is were we’re going to have to disagree. If a company is investing in a school, it’s not just about exposure for their brand, it’s also about yielding results.

ND, Mich, and Miami, all iconic brands. When they fell on hard times, Adidas stepped in hopes to capitalize; hoping these schools become on top again. Winning is a prime commodity for these apparel companies.

Nike became big b/c it was associated w Jordan. Then it strategically aligned itself w Miami b/c we were winning. Ppl like to be associated w winners. LBJ shoes sell b/c he’s a winner. No apparel company is simply aligning itself w a person or team for the fck of it. Exposure is one thing, but they are looking for a return on that investment. Biggest return? Winning.
Yea we gonna have to disagree on this cause Nike wasn’t on Miami when we was winning if I remember correctly..they came mid/late 90s (not sure but that’s what I remember).

The individual athlete part I agree. Bron carries Nike(too an extent) just like curry does with UA..sponsors will always go after marquee programs no matter wins..unless a team totally falls of the rails..same reason Jordan linked with Michigan..Michigan never and won’t ever wins ****. But it’s a marquee national brand...even when bama was bad Nike sponsored them..along with Tenn..us and plenty more.

Advertisement
Def on that NB gear fa shoe. I’ve always been a fan of NB and Saucony, but I like that they are making a comeback.

Cali was always behind, even in the music dept. I remember going doing South to visit my fam in Mississippi and that’s where I first heard “Bills” by Destiny Child. Hit my relative in L.A and asked them if they heard that new Destiny Child, and I swear that **** said “you mean, ‘No, No, No’?” Lol.

Adidas was being rocked for a minute, but it faded back to Nikes, again, especially w LBJ in town down South and KD up North.
Facts facts..I forgot to add the lbj move to the equation. Along with KD. Def started a new Nike wave out there when I factor that.

And **** I grew up in south Florida but all my fam from NY. Upstate and Harlem. So when I was growing up me and my bro always tried to stay a step ahead of Florida by keeping up with NYC fashion. From G unit b4 it was popping down here, Sean Jean, Forces, LRG all that..**** petty when I think about it

Yea we gonna have to disagree on this cause Nike wasn’t on Miami when we was winning if I remember correctly..they came mid/late 90s (not sure but that’s what I remember).

The individual athlete part I agree. Bron carries Nike(too an extent) just like curry does with UA..sponsors will always go after marquee programs no matter wins..unless a team totally falls of the rails..same reason Jordan linked with Michigan..Michigan never and won’t ever wins ****. But it’s a marquee national brand...even when bama was bad Nike sponsored them..along with Tenn..us and plenty more.

Good discussion for sure. This is up my alley. Big sneaker head w now at 150 pairs of shoes including showing love to my NY peeps w like 15 pairs of Tims. Always reading on stuff b/c I’m in to fashion and marketing.

Facts facts..I forgot to add the lbj move to the equation. Along with KD. Def started a new Nike wave out there when I factor that.

And **** I grew up in south Florida but all my fam from NY. Upstate and Harlem. So when I was growing up me and my bro always tried to stay a step ahead of Florida by keeping up with NYC fashion. From G unit b4 it was popping down here, Sean Jean, Forces, LRG all that..**** petty when I think about it

Lol. Say less bro. I would do the same here in Cali as a youngsta. Being in that life, chucks and Cortez are always the shoes of choice, but man I would always be up before everyone.

Was rocking FUBU before it was popping in LA. Was rocking Ice Berg before it was popping in LA. Was rocking Coogie sweaters before it was popping in LA. And of course Tims. Lol. Man ppl used to always be like what’s that? Lol. My relative from the Chi had some business partners in NY, and he used to lace me.

Lol. Say less bro. I would do the same here in Cali as a youngsta. Being in that life, chucks and Cortez are always the shoes of choice, but man I would always be up before everyone.

Was rocking FUBU before it was popping in LA. Was rocking Ice Berg before it was popping in LA. Was rocking Coogie sweaters before it was popping in LA. And of course Tims. Lol. Man ppl used to always be like what’s that? Lol. My relative from the Chi had some business partners in NY, and he used to lace me.
Nahhhhh bro not the Tim’s I’m cali lol. And the coogie gear. Man Say no more. Nobody in middle school had a coogie fit but me and I made sure I 4 to breakout each quarter lmaoo...****** ain’t know wtf it was

Advertisement
Nahhhhh bro not the Tim’s I’m cali lol. And the coogie gear. Man Say no more. Nobody in middle school had a coogie fit but me and I made sure I 4 to breakout each quarter lmaoo...****** ain’t know wtf it was

Lol. Yes sir. Man I still got my Coogie sweater just for the memories. Lol.

Advertisement
Back