Add SMU to the list

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
Of school that are making our admin look like complacent jokes. Small private school in a non-power conference, third or fourth fiddle in it's own city, and they are offering 4 mil per year for Mack Brown. But Miami and it's 20 mil a year ACC revenue and citywide fan dominance can't afford a good coach? FOH

Advertisement
Was just going to make a joke about the combined age of Mack Brown and Larry Brown. Then I looked up Mack's birthday. Dude is only a few months older than Butch!

SMU is sick of losing and saw how a great coach turned their fortunes around in basketball. They know what they have to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a real run at Butch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Of school that are making our admin look like complacent jokes. Small private school in a non-power conference, third or fourth fiddle in it's own city, and they are offering 4 mil per year for Mack Brown. But Miami and it's 20 mil a year ACC revenue and citywide fan dominance can't afford a good coach? FOH

SMU is ******* rich as ****.

SMU is ****ing rich as ****.

LMAO at these broad blanket statements. It's unreal how dumb some fans are that every other school is rich and Miami is poor.

If the school has a smaller endowment, they say "but their athletics brings in more"
If our school makes more on athletics, they say "but that school is rich".

You ******* mouth breathers defending Shalala at all costs make me sick.

Advertisement
Lol Mack Brown suck

Right over your head. It's not about Mack Brown. It's about the willingness to spend to win.

Lotta of the Donna fanboys can't stomach hearing how their hero is a piece of trash towards athletics.

Dude you kill it during the Special Olympics don't you!

SMU wants to overpay for a coach one of the best schools in the country fired... that impresses you, lulz.

Last edited:
Lol Mack Brown suck

Right over your head. It's not about Mack Brown. It's about the willingness to spend to win.

Lotta of the Donna fanboys can't stomach hearing how their hero is a piece of trash towards athletics.

SMU wants to overpay for a coach on of the best schools in the country fired... that impresses you, lulz.

Holy **** the stupidity here. They also have Petrino on their list. They were willing to spend money. If Miami spent 4 mil we'd be back immediately, but that's not the priority.

Lol Mack Brown suck

SMU wants to overpay for a coach one of the best schools in the country fired... that impresses you, lulz.

I agree it's an overpay with Brown. SMU however dumb it might be, is placing a lot of chips on the table to try and make a difference. His point , that this administration, whether dumb or not, won't place big money on the table for whomever to try and make a difference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol Mack Brown suck

If you had a clue, you'd realize that SMU needs a complete rebuild. They're not trying to go from good to great or trying to stay elite like Texas. Brown built both UNC and Texas from gutter and turned them into 10 win teams. He is a proven program builder.

You clowns have no appreciation of football history. SMU would love to get to where Brown got UNC and Texas.

SMU is similar also because of Dallas being a hotbed of talent. When you're sitting on a gold mine you just need to put in a little effort to reap huge rewards. SMU gets that.

I wouldn't like the hire, but that price tag is right.

And SMU is filthy rich. No debating that.

Butch would have that progrum humming in 4 seasons. would probably get a big12 invite too.

Advertisement
Back