Adam ElGammal

Seems like that is more of an indictment or our current players - we should not be in a place where Zion is starting as a true freshman.
Well, it goes to show you how a legit strength coach and o line coach can pay hige dividends. A guy like Zion has only been exposed to Feeley and Barry, while guys like herbert and brown were subjected to multiple years of searels & fat gus.

Advertisement
Ivins reported that he doesn’t know if this is a good thing cause supposedly feely has been telling kids to not try to put on weight before they get on campus so that it’s done right

Ivins reported that he doesn’t know if this is a good thing cause supposedly feely has been telling kids to not try to put on weight before they get on campus so that it’s done right
Looks like his dad is a strength and conditioning coach

Advertisement
No it can’t. Not without steroids. The human body just isn’t made to add muscle that quick. Muscle takes time to break down and heal/grow.

And when you add muscle, a lot of weight is water with some fat and other tissue. The term muscle is misused bc nobody adds just muscle.
Someone whose 6’5” 270 pds can add 20 pounds of muscle way faster than someone whose 6’ 185 pds.

Advertisement
with a dad jacked and in the profession, i'm betting this kid comes on to campus a lot further ahead in S&C than our usual baby fat OL... Odds are he probably has a pretty good work ethic too.. hoping for another Zion surprise here...

Advertisement
Here’s an opinion. This guy and Zion have no business at Miami. Both will be gone from Miami in 2-3 years or never play a down their entire time here.

It’s hilarious reading comments from people that have no clue, somehow suggesting the kid has great footwork or stregnth based on watching a 1 minute video of blocking tires and doing lightweight shrugs.

Bump

Why bump this? Did this kid play? From the video I saw on YouTube of this kid in a Miami practice this kid is slow as heck. Also looked uninterested in the drills.

Advertisement
Even when they were recruited, you could at least see traits in Zion Nelson that project well. He was a low rated recruit and there were some warts, but you could at least see there was ingredients there...and it has seemingly paid off, to a point. He's not an All-Conference guy yet, but he actually may end up being after a horrendous freshman season.

El Gammel though...he was playing right tackle only, often had help on his side, and was playing against 5'8" 190lb white kids on the edge and even then, he didn't look great. Thought he had slow feet, was just big. Its not a shock he lasted less than two years here.

Jarrid Williams coming back probably put this in motion. Bummer as he looked like he had some tools to work with, but i would also have to think Isiah Walker and Chris Washington might be jumping him if he is indeed leaving
i think he was practicing at guard?

Advertisement
Back