Adam ElGammal

Advertisement
His father is a professor, iirc. What makes you think he hasn’t had good nutrition?
Heck, my old man was a truck driver and I ate like a mo-fo! Had the old man been a professor, I probably would have swapped Steak for more Lobster and Crab!

Sounds like whatever meal plan Feely and company sent him he has it memorized forwards and backwards!

This kid and Zion have made huge leaps!! And these are dudes in the trenches!!!

His father is a professor, iirc. What makes you think he hasn’t had good nutrition?
I'm not saying he hasn't, my point to be made is he shouldnt be too concerned about nutrition as much as he should be concerned about getting to a goal weight. Just my opinion. What kind of professor is his father?

Advertisement
Here’s an opinion. This guy and Zion have no business at Miami. Both will be gone from Miami in 2-3 years or never play a down their entire time here.

It’s hilarious reading comments from people that have no clue, somehow suggesting the kid has great footwork or stregnth based on watching a 1 minute video of blocking tires and doing lightweight shrugs.
Fast forward to May and Zion is firmly in the mix to start at LT. Crazy.

I'm not saying he hasn't, my point to be made is he shouldnt be too concerned about nutrition as much as he should be concerned about getting to a goal weight. Just my opinion. What kind of professor is his father?

This makes absolutely no sense. I don't want my linemen scarffing down on cheese burgers and pizza all day long. They don't look like the way El Gammal looks at the moment; he'd be looking sloppy and he'd be sluggish athletically also. What you put in your body makes a significant difference when putting on weight.

Advertisement
When I was 19 I gained 30+ lbs. in 7 months making lifting gains like every week. Going from sporadic meals to crushing the residence buffet 2-3 times a day makes a huge difference. There was obviously some bad weight mixed in there which messed with my biomechanics and caused leg pain (fixed by orthotics and treatment) but that's what training camp is for.

AEG looks swole. Frame + mobility was always the big selling point for him but he doesn't have the polish and experience to compete early like Zion is. Still my bet is he has a better career than Ian Symonette or Malcolm Bunche.

When I was 19 I gained 30+ lbs. in 7 months making lifting gains like every week. Going from sporadic meals to crushing the residence buffet 2-3 times a day makes a huge difference. There was obviously some bad weight mixed in there which messed with my biomechanics and caused leg pain (fixed by orthotics and treatment) but that's what training camp is for.

AEG looks swole. Frame + mobility was always the big selling point for him but he doesn't have the polish and experience to compete early like Zion is. Still my bet is he has a better career than Ian Symonette or Malcolm Bunche.
He looks in much better shape than most of the tackles we have brought in the last couple years, I dont See the big problem. Either way he’s going to get right rather quickly at Miami. Blissett by the way put on about 20 pounds after his senior season too

This makes absolutely no sense. I don't want my linemen scarffing down on cheese burgers and pizza all day long. They don't look like the way El Gammal looks at the moment; he'd be looking sloppy and he'd be sluggish athletically also. What you put in your body makes a significant difference when putting on weight.
Definitely not. That is terrible eating. I never said he should throw nutrition out the door.

He looks in much better shape than most of the tackles we have brought in the last couple years, I dont See the big problem. Blissett put on about 20 pounds after his senior season too

He has a better leaner body than most college linemen. He's not as lean as the top guys in the NFL but those are grown men paying for top of the line training. The fans here love to nitpick but if you look at the guys being recruited on both lines it's obvious the staff prioritizes frame, flexibility and intangibles like work ethic/commitment to the weight room. This is the moneyball trend in CFB that teams like NC State are using to build competitive lines without recruiting top guys. As Miami we still need to cherrypick some top guys but this is the model to build depth with contributors.

Advertisement

lmao. Way to go out on a limb.

From the conclusions about how good the kid will be before he even enrolls back in February to the weight comments tonight.....this is a truly breathtaking thread covering so many bases in stupidity. We should all be very proud of this. It’s rare we get a total masterpiece in only 8 pages.

Advertisement
Got him on that bama plan
c700x420.jpg
1474394932_das-box-bottle-mens.jpg

Seems like that is more of an indictment or our current players - we should not be in a place where Zion is starting as a true freshman.

you dumb. obviously a troll. it is a source of pleasure to see we identified someone like this under the radar and our program from coaches to strength training to nutrition has helped him blossom.

Advertisement
Back