AD James

Miami82

Mediocrity is for pussies
Has no ties to Golden. He doesn't owe him a **** thing. Didn't hire him, didn't extend him.

Bring in his guy and make a name for himself.

If he keeps Golden then he is part of the problem and needs to be fired as well.

Advertisement
Has no ties to Golden. He doesn't owe him a **** thing. Didn't hire him, didn't extend him.

Bring in his guy and make a name for himself.

If he keeps Golden then he is part of the problem and needs to be fired as well.
all he is, is a fundraiser. that's his expertise. this decision will fall squarely on Donna and high power boosters/BOT etc..

He keeps this abortion for another year, her gets fired when the new president comes in

Blake James: Al, I'm thinking we need to make a change.

Al Golden: Really? I think we're improving.

Blake James: Okay. Sounds good! Let me know if you need any more office supplies.

Advertisement
Well he owes him like $6 million if he fires him.

Why is it a question of what he gets paid in the buyout? If the right coach is hired(Butch Davis), the fan base will be energized, and season tickets will be selling like hotcakes. The university stands to lose a lot more than 6 million if this guy is retained. You'll be able to count attendence with just the fingers on your hand.

Advertisement
Well he owes him like $6 million if he fires him.

I would assume there is same deduct when Golden gets another gig.

Doubtful. If he takes a gig as a recruiting or defensive coordinator, he keeps the money rolling in. He would have to take another HC gig to give up what's coming to him. At least that's what I've seen in other HC contracts when they get clipped. It would be very "Miami" for him to get the money no matter what type of job he got hired for, given how we 'negotiate'.

James is nothing more than a puppet with a gaping a-hole. People take turns going elbow deep on him and working his stupid mouth. It's not his decision. The people behind the scenes will call the shots.

I wonder if he slumps down at his desk and realizes he's professionally impotent.

Look at any AD around the country and then look at Blake, Dude dont got no rolodex and he not ready to make any moves to hire coaches. Just a status quo type guy. Might as well fire him with Golden

Advertisement
Flake reminds me of an assistant manager at a chain restaurant. The kind of guy you see trying haplessly to deal with an enraged customer but then also getting it from the actual manager in the back that only authorizes him to comp the bloomin' onion. All full of apologies but no real solutions.

Flake reminds me of an assistant manager at a chain restaurant. The kind of guy you see trying haplessly to deal with an enraged customer but then also getting it from the actual manager in the back that only authorizes him to comp the bloomin' onion. All full of apologies but no real solutions.

Funny stuff.

Golden has been fired. Players notified. He was a dead man walking at the post game conference. Done, done, done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back