AD for Football only

mavericksouth

Sophomore
So I've been wondering, is there a precedent for this at any school that we know of? I begin to doubt (sadly) that Blake will be thrown in the trash like the garbage that he is. So, the next best thing is to remove him from power over the football team and by doing that, bring in an Athletic Director for Football exclusively or a Director of Football Operations to Miami. My question is, has this been done at the college level anywhere?

Advertisement
I don’t see that happening. It’s more checks to write. More people to hire to support it. Just more expenditures for a department that’s gone AWOL. Ed Reed probably just has a work station and a phone.

So I've been wondering, is there a precedent for this at any school that we know of? I begin to doubt (sadly) that Blake will be thrown in the trash like the garbage that he is. So, the next best thing is to remove him from power over the football team and by doing that, bring in an Athletic Director for Football exclusively or a Director of Football Operations to Miami. My question is, has this been done at the college level anywhere?
Indiana University, which views its basketball much as UM views its footballs, and which has also been mired in mediocrity since the days of Bobby Knight!, hired Thad Matta, former OSU head coach, as AD of basketball. Only basketball. Let the other AD focus on all the other sports.

W?TF would ANY school do that?

W?TF would ANYONE accept such a limited position?

Talk about BLOAT.

It's just adding another costly layer of administration

Last edited:
Advertisement
So a school that doesn't care much for the Football program and does as little as possible to invest in it is now gonna create a position , that will obviously come with a substantial paycheck , just for such program???? ......I'm gonna say no on this one.....
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by CBC

Poor Administrative performance of a Department is never solved by adding other positions.

Why not save your $$$ and just get better personnel capable of doing the job

Last edited:
Advertisement
For the record, I believe the correct course of action is to fire James but because of the fundraising bs, the BOT are reluctant to do it. Trying to find alternatives....

Indiana University, which views its basketball much as UM views its footballs, and which has also been mired in mediocrity since the days of Bobby Knight!, hired Thad Matta, former OSU head coach, as AD of basketball. Only basketball. Let the other AD focus on all the other sports.
Thank you, sir

Advertisement
I’ve been thinking this too we need to create a football director position

In 2016, Reed worked as an assistant defensive backs coach for the Buffalo Bills. In 2020, he was hired by the University of Miami, his alma mater, to serve as their football team's chief of staff, an advisory role to head coach Manny Diaz.

Director...Chief of Staff...words...

At this point, I'm for anything that keeps Blake away from the football program. Truthfully, how embarrassing is it that this school has to, essentially, hire another AD to assist their incompetent AD?

Advertisement
I would say maybe Nick at Bama.. but he might actually have more power then the governor in that state 😂

Who ever the new AD assistant is, after the new AD brings in one, should focus/run the other sports.

Talk about a real cluster F! No

Who would control the Athletic Trainers, indoor facilities, nutrition staff, ticketing staff, fundraisers etc? You sure as **** don't want to hire duplicates!

Advertisement
Back