Actual Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkreider

Sophomore
Premium
Never seen so many grown men cry in public. Sad, really.

Not sure what people were expecting. We go up to Lincoln against an undefeated offensive powerhouse with a true freshman.

Defense wasn't good, but they out gained us by about 30 yards. Wonder if their their fans have a banner out. Or LSU's, who gave up over 500 to MSU.

Team was into it well into the 4th, which we couldn't say last year against any good team. Improvement.

Kaaya completed 60% of passes in a hostile environment. Improvement.

Offense generally. 31 points on the road against a ranked team is improvement.

All I want to see is an upward trajectory. Those expecting a ranked quality team this year haven't been paying attention, but given your emotional level that's no surprise. The Duke fumble and Kaaya pick were killers. Neither of those is coaching, and take those away and the game goes to the wire.

Be real.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Moral victories are great, but ***** that. Its year 4 and we still can't stop the **** run.

Its time to make some progress or get the ***** out.

The team played with heart, the coach staff with that BS D let them down.

Not sure what people were expecting. We go up to Lincoln against an undefeated offensive powerhouse with a true freshman.

Defense wasn't good, but they out gained us by about 30 yards. Wonder if their their fans have a banner out. Or LSU's, who gave up over 500 to MSU.

Team was into it well into the 4th, which we couldn't say last year against any good team. Improvement.

All I want to see is an upward trajectory. Those expecting a ranked quality team this year haven't been paying attention, but given your emotional level that's no surprise. The Duke fumble and Kaaya pick were killers. Neither of those is coaching, and take those away and the game goes to the wire.

Be real.

Can AG beat a team who has a winning record?

I have no idea if you're being sarcastic but if you are you're delusion... at best. Teams have bad games on defense- yes? We've had 3 years and counting of bad defense!! Every ******* year it's the same ****. And it's not like what we faced offensively was complicated. We knew exactly what they were going to do, run the ball, and we still couldn't stop it. GTFO

Advertisement
I don't think that takes away the fact that 343 of their 456 yards came on the ground, the tackling was atrocious, players had terrible position, DL couldn't get off blocks, DB's continously with 5+ yards cushion, LB's 6+ yards away on 3rd down when they know its going to be a run, I could go on.

Be real:

Well good coaching would have stacked the box and let them beat you by passing the ball. Good coaching creates opportunities for defense to be in prime position to make a play. Good coaching knows when to adjust. Good coaching knows time management. Good coaching is always coaching up players. Good coaching ask players what are they are seeing out there to make them to react to certain plays. Good coaching allows himself to be critique.

Defense wasn't good, but

There's no f***ing but. 343 rushing yards allowed. Bullied up and down the field by their OL. Stubborn refusal to adjust by bringing the safeties down into the box or trying anything different than what clearly wasn't working. The same old s*** we've witnessed since they day these program-ruining a**holes arrived.

It's unacceptable. Period.

Advertisement
Giving up over 300 rushing yards and not adjusting on D is not even something you can defend. They did exactly what we knew they were going to do and we couldn't stop it.

Advertisement

Be real.[/QUOT

maybe if we could stop the run with a upper class we might of won too. Another thought maybe if we didnt run a weak *** scheme and they didnt out number us the box they wouldnt of ran it down our throat all night either.

Ill say one thing. . Our guys aren't as soft as last year letting a kicker from Louisville punk us..I like how mcdermott and gadbois went aftwr Gregory agter he tried to go at kaaya after the INT

Maybe the mods could hand out some Cane blankies to those of you who thought we'd be in the playoff hunt. The only question is, is this team better than last years? Sure looks like it, and that's starting some true freshman and losing two on the oline to Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back