Accuracy of Tua and Lawrence

I know that this has been discussed but watching this Clemson-South Carolina game, I am just amazed at the accuracy of Trevor Lawrence. Also watching Tua earlier, I am amazed at his accuracy as well. My issue with Rosier and Perry is that they are streaky in terms of accuracy. Looking the bubble screens that Clemson runs the ball placement by Lawrence is on right on the money. Too many times our QB ball placements is either to high or to low, or the receiver has to turn around catch it. I feel like Perry has had spurts accuracy but too many moments of over-throwing or under-throwing receivers. If Perry is going to be guy for us he has to be consistently accurate. If not then teams will defend him by keeping a spy on him and playing man on our receivers and force him to throw consistently into tight windows (which he has shown he can not do).

Accurate QB makes the difference. The number one thing Richt needs to look for next year in the QB competition is which QB is consistently accurate.

In today game he was hurt by drops, but even if those passes were caught he will still had thrown for only 50% not good.

Advertisement
Both are 5* QBs that go to universities that pride themselves in having accurate QBs. These guys are just on another level.

Advertisement
I know that this has been discussed but watching this Clemson-South Carolina game, I am just amazed at the accuracy of Trevor Lawrence. Also watching Tua earlier, I am amazed at his accuracy as well. My issue with Rosier and Perry is that they are streaky in terms of accuracy. Looking the bubble screens that Clemson runs the ball placement by Lawrence is on right on the money. Too many times our QB ball placements is either to high or to low, or the receiver has to turn around catch it. I feel like Perry has had spurts accuracy but too many moments of over-throwing or under-throwing receivers. If Perry is going to be guy for us he has to be consistently accurate. If not then teams will defend him by keeping a spy on him and playing man on our receivers and force him to throw consistently into tight windows (which he has shown he can not do).

Accurate QB makes the difference. The number one thing Richt needs to look for next year in the QB competition is which QB is consistently accurate.

In today game he was hurt by drops, but even if those passes were caught he will still had thrown for only 50%

Advertisement
Great accuracy and touch --- what Kelly, Kosar, Testaverde, Walsh, Erickson, Torretta and Dorsey had in spades. And, many of them (not all, e.g., Dorsey) played behind patchwork or weak OLs.

This right here. Williams, Lawrence, and JT Daniels were the top three QBs at the AA game last year.
Plus Williams was by far the best QB in the spring game. Spare me the competition arguement for the haters. Williams is a natural QB. He reminds me of a young Craig Erickson.

Advertisement
Sure they are accurate. But they are well coached also. They know exactly what their reads are and where they are going with the ball. Most of the times they are hitting guys who are open with no one within a few yards of them.

If Miami had Tua at QB we would be undefeated with Richt calling the plays. I believe in NKosi he’s just not there yet.

Advertisement

In today game he was hurt by drops, but even if those passes were caught he will still had thrown for only 50% not good.
Obviously both are elite college QB's. They also both play on teams with big time O line's and have talented skilled position players around them. Tua literally has time to sit in the pocket and go through progressions with a clean pocket most of the time. Our QB's rarely have that luxury. Makes a huge difference.

Advertisement
Back