According to Vegas Miami vs. Auburn in Peach Bowl

I totally agree with you. I think we will go as far as our O-line will take us, as that seems to be our weakest link and Searels hasn’t really proven himself yet that he can develop players at least in my personal opinion he hasn’t. With the opposing qb play against our D, I think Manny is trying to address that problem with the Striker position. Will it be successful, who knows, only time will tell. Plus with Redwine progressing the way he did towards the end of last season and the spring, we could potentially have one of the best if not the best starting safety tandem in the ACC. What you think?

For me, we need more speed on D. Speed allow taking risk because you can run down your mistakes. I think manny gets too fancy sometimes. Just make sure you club the QBs early and often even at the expense of a couple penalties. Pain pays dividends down the road. I like Redwine. Bunch.

Advertisement
Well, you assume that one ever quits drinking. That said, mark would probably not do it and I like Rosier, but something like that might be the way to beat Clemson. We are not a better team yet and our coaches are not better either, so you have to take risk. Then again, could be hung up on Jim Kelly’s unexpected first start.
I agree that Richt wouldn't do it, and no sane coach would do it. He'd lose all respect of the players if he benched the guy who brought us to the dance in favor of a gimmick chance of throwing Clemson off their game.

For me, we need more speed on D. Speed allow taking risk because you can run down your mistakes. I think manny gets too fancy sometimes. Just make sure you club the QBs early and often even at the expense of a couple penalties. Pain pays dividends down the road. I like Redwine. Bunch.
In Manny's defense, had we been the beneficiary of even half the holding penalties that were not called against us, we'd all be talking about what a defensive genius he is. He runs a high risk/high reward system that is predicated on being able to get into the backfield and cause chaos. When offenses are allowed to hold with impunity, of course that philosophy is going to look bad. I'm really shocked that more emphasis has not been placed on clarifying this issue for 2018.

People crack on Manny for receivers being open, but how many of those routes were supposed to have been allowed time to develop. Football has a rhythm. tick...tick...tick...I hold my block for so many ticks then release...I run this direction for so many steps then break...As a DB, you learn receiver routes and when and where in the route to expect the ball. When the clock in your head runs out, you expect the ball to be out or the play to be over. This is what causes most coverages to break down. Our DB's, based on the defensive philosophy are probably never expecting to have to hold coverage for 5 and 6 seconds...you just don't practice around the other team being able to hold.

Hope that made a little sense.

Just to clarify for anyone that didn't click the link in the OP (as I hadn't until just now), it is a SB Nation article that is projecting bowl matchups using Vegas win-loss totals. Miami and Auburn are both at 9.5. Basically a horse**** article.
Crappy article and crappy post by op.

Advertisement
In Manny's defense, had we been the beneficiary of even half the holding penalties that were not called against us, we'd all be talking about what a defensive genius he is. He runs a high risk/high reward system that is predicated on being able to get into the backfield and cause chaos. When offenses are allowed to hold with impunity, of course that philosophy is going to look bad. I'm really shocked that more emphasis has not been placed on clarifying this issue for 2018.

People crack on Manny for receivers being open, but how many of those routes were supposed to have been allowed time to develop. Football has a rhythm. tick...tick...tick...I hold my block for so many ticks then release...I run this direction for so many steps then break...As a DB, you learn receiver routes and when and where in the route to expect the ball. When the clock in your head runs out, you expect the ball to be out or the play to be over. This is what causes most coverages to break down. Our DB's, based on the defensive philosophy are probably never expecting to have to hold coverage for 5 and 6 seconds...you just don't practice around the other team being able to hold.

Hope that made a little sense.

Seems like most people claim he is a genius. The holding certainly was ridiculous last year. We need to sacrifice a few plays to punish the holders. Let one cane stand them up while holding and anther accidentally fall on the backside of their lower legs. Or, take down refs if you have to. We where never a dirty team but noles always got away with it. One way or another we need to hit the QBs.

I cant see us getting by Clemson with Malik....if that changes and we have someone who can play then thats different

Advertisement
Who is hands down more talented than us on our schedule?

Peach Bowl?

LOL

Miami fans have dumbed down expectations like no other. We should win 10 games at minimum.

Crappy article and crappy post by op.

Yet ....here you are ...AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: Pathetic

Guess its time to ask Mommy to try and set up another play date for you little man.

Let it go and try harder to move on.

I have.

Life's too short to be dealing with BS.

Last edited:
Seems like most people claim he is a genius. The holding certainly was ridiculous last year. We need to sacrifice a few plays to punish the holders. Let one cane stand them up while holding and anther accidentally fall on the backside of their lower legs. Or, take down refs if you have to. We where never a dirty team but noles always got away with it. One way or another we need to hit the QBs.

no what we need to do is simply be that much better than everyone like we once were

won't matter then, we're still gonna win

Yet ....here you are ...AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Guess its time to ask Mommy to try and set up another play date for you little man.

Let it go and try harder to move on.

I have. Life's too short to be dealing with BS.
Based on the content of most of your posts it is easy to rag on you. Why do so many of you posters become so angry when someone disagrees with the contents of their posts. Man up boy this is only a forum. Your life does not depend upon the response you get from a cis post.

Advertisement
Based on the content of most of your posts it is easy to rag on you. Why do so many of you posters become so angry when someone disagrees with the contents of their posts. Man up boy this is only a forum. Your life does not depend upon the response you get from a cis post.
But you really didn’t argue the contents of his post.

“I think you have too much spare time to post this. Predictions in June about the football season is a waste of time. Posters as your self like to hypothecate on stuff like this.”

You launched a personal attack criticizing the sheer notion that someone might share an article of speculation during the off season.

Not much to do during the summer months except speculate. As I suggested before, you are free to leave and not return until fall camp if you don’t like the speculative nature of off season discussion.

But you really didn’t argue the contents of his post.

“I think you have too much spare time to post this. Predictions in June about the football season is a waste of time. Posters as your self like to hypothecate on stuff like this.”

You launched a personal attack criticizing the sheer notion that someone might share an article of speculation during the off season.

Not much to do during the summer months except speculate. As I suggested before, you are free to leave and not return until fall camp if you don’t like the speculative nature of off season discussion.
I will continue to read some posts and occasionally comment on worthless posts as op has and this one by you.

Advertisement

crying2.gif

OH PLEASE little man. We don't hate you.

We find your " I'm a tough guy who's setting this CIS board straight" posts childish & amusing in a sad kind of way. Your Barney Fife psuedo-masculine BS doesn't have any impact on anyone's life here.

So stop with the tears, whenever someone responds to you, move on ......and try even harder to let this go.

As I said ....I have long ago....OK Sweetie?

Its gonna be OK Darling

Last edited:
View attachment 60752

OH PLEASE little man. We don't hate you.

We find your " I'm a tough guy who's setting this CIS board straight" posts childish & amusing in a sad kind of way. Your Barney Fife psuedo-manly BS doesn't have any impact on anyone's life here.

So stop with the tears, whenever someone responds to you, move on ......and try even harder to let this go.

As I said ....I have long ago....OK Sweetie?

Its gonna be OK Darling
Why reply to my posts if they do not aggravate you? It makes absolutely no sense. As mentioned previously this is only a Canes football forum. Don’t take ridicule so seriously. Grow a pair!

Why reply to my posts if they do not aggravate you? It makes absolutely no sense. As mentioned previously this is only a Canes football forum. Don’t take ridicule so seriously. Grow a pair!

"I will continue to read some posts and occasionally comment on worthless posts"

What's good for the goose...

Advertisement
Back