According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
My comment was related to one person on staff who wasn't going to pursue another job that had interest in him - unless Manny was fired.

Manny told him this morning to pursue the job and take it if offered.

Not an on-field coach but an important role that Manny isn't going to give free reign to leave if he doesn't know.
Sooo snoop really going to Clemson !!!!!?!??

Seriously? Look, Riley is a good coach and all, but that doesn't mean he was interested in any/all other jobs. We have no idea on how/when he communicated with USC and what exactly was said, but we do know that the USC AD was hired in 2020 and basically spent a year figuring out his plan.

Again, this goes to my point about HOW LONG we have suffered under the double incompetency of Frenk and Beta Blake. You can't just snap your Thanos fingers and erase years of "no-plan" and then suddenly replace it with "Riley-plan".

I hear your concern, but if you noticed, nearly every serious AD and HC candidate is either a UM alum, a former UM employee, or has past SoFla connections. I'm not saying we would never have considered Riley, we got a late start, but I think that the powers-that-be felt that if we chased someone with no SoFla ties, it was going to be an uphill battle and/or require a massive salary to get their attention.
Lincoln Riley's people were negotiating with USC since September, basically the minute they fired Clay Helton he put the feelers out

No bullcrap, this is one of the most important and insightful posts on the entire thread.

Let's have some perspective here. As I have pointed out, Frenk still has not gotten a new 5-year contract. In theory, he could be "out" at Miami by 2022.

So if Mario does NOT get written contractual assurances, and if Mario relies on oral promises, then he has NOTHING to fall back on if/when the Miami BOT ****cans Frenk and hires someone else. And, yes, these WRITTEN contractual assurances, particularly for NEW items, is completely unprecedented. Yes, Richt wanted an IPF, but we had already started planning for, and fund-raising for, an IPF at the time Richt was hired.

UM Legal has been working overtime for the last few weeks, but I think it will all pay off when Mario puts his Juan Hancock on the contract.
I think you mean Herberto Hancock

Advertisement
Tired Stewie Griffin GIF by Family Guy

According to sources close to the situation....
SWFLHurricane just ate an Italian cold cuts sandwich...on Ciabatta roll...(with roasted peppers and onions)....

Advertisement
As probably the highest profile engineering grad of the university in the last 20 years, I can tell you that the UM COE might be the worst in the country. I spoke at FIU engineering to students 2 months ago, and they are not only more intelligent and driven, but learn in an environment that I can only estimate has a budget 10x of UM.

Also they don’t teach cad to undergrads or mechanical design, and refuse outside help to modernize their curriculum. Fire everyone. Your money would be better spent at a school in the Midwest.

How is this possible? I was in a freshman-level Autocad class in 1986 alongside Rob Chudzinski (before I switched to School of Business).

The rest of the stuff, I can believe. In 1986, the whole building smelled like a 1950s-era defense contractor's facility (and I would know, I had been to multiple Martin Marietta facilities back in the day).

Advertisement
Got a feeling that some reporters/asshats are going to lose their sources/insight to the program when this is all said and done.
We said the same thing when Manny got hired. How he basically locked up Hecht and there were no leaks or sources anymore. Worked for a year but didnt last long. There will always be people who like to talk and act like they are plugged in. This John Ruiz guy just got here 10min ago and he is already yapping every 2 seconds. You think we gonna tell him to shut up if he is writing checks?

Advertisement
How is this possible? I was in a freshman-level Autocad class in 1986 alongside Rob Chudzinski (before I switched to School of Business).

The rest of the stuff, I can believe. In 1986, the whole building smelled like a 1950s-era defense contractor's facility (and I would know, I had been to multiple Martin Marietta facilities back in the day).
Miami isn’t really known for engineering. Not one of the marquee programs atleast. There’s better options. And cheaper lol for that major

According to sources close to the situation....
SWFLHurricane just ate an Italian cold cuts sandwich...on Ciabatta roll...(with roasted peppers and onions)....
But...but...but manny navarro just put out a conflicting report that it was really triple threat wings?!? lol

Advertisement
Back