According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Manny will be remembered in two different phases. One of the defensive coordinator and one of the head coach.

As a defensive coordinator there will be some good things he's remembered for. Turn over chain, extremely disruptive defenses with tons of sacks.

As a head coach, he'll be remembered for mostly bad things. Losing the FIU and LA Tech, giving up record yards on the ground against UNC, losing after the bye week almost every time, 4th and 14, 4th and 17th, terrible linebacker play, and refusing to play the young guys early enough.
want the truth? his defense succeeded with Golden's recruits.

Advertisement
Manny just told his staff he's done.
Final Countdown GIF

FIU is stronger in computer science now. They invested heavily in it.
I wouldn't doubt that, and it's definitely one of the more important focuses IMO, but engineering overall is a number of disciplines, and UM is probably still ahead of FIU just on the strength of being more selective with admissions.

I know that the program I studied was outdated in its approach, but they've modernized a lot since I've left

Advertisement
Manny will be remembered in two different phases. One of the defensive coordinator and one of the head coach.

As a defensive coordinator there will be some good things he's remembered for. Turn over chain, extremely disruptive defenses with tons of sacks.

As a head coach, he'll be remembered for mostly bad things. Losing the FIU and LA Tech, giving up record yards on the ground against UNC, losing after the bye week almost every time, 4th and 14, 4th and 17th, terrible linebacker play, and refusing to play the young guys early enough.
He did well as a DC with Golden's recruits.

Advertisement
I wouldn't doubt that, and it's definitely one of the more important focuses IMO, but engineering overall is a number of disciplines, and UM is probably still ahead of FIU just on the strength of being more selective with admissions.

I know that the program I studied was outdated in its approach, but they've modernized a lot since I've left
There is so much demand for CS majors, it's a missed opportunity by UM. I give credit to FIU. I work in Silicon Valley and was my company's exec sponsor for FIU. They have really built that program up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still don’t get why the keep Stringing Manny along, should’ve fired him after Duke or kept him. This whole Mario or bust is a stupid and make the university looks clueless. Maybe they have a reason( they don’t want kids to jump in the portal) but they are doing a horrible job putting out the message. Yes I know the leaks cause it but it just shows that nobody is leading this university.
Because Manny was probably their plan B if Mario said no or changed his mind, and Manny was presumably okay with that. As WhatTheHell posted earlier, they learned nothing from the last search. They should have fired Manny along with Blake, installed a new AD and let the AD do his thing. Instead they focused all of their efforts on pursuing one candidate and unsurprisingly it turned into a circus. Moot point I guess since they got their man but this could have easily blown up in their face. A lot the bad optics could have been avoided if they handled the search differently.

Advertisement
Back