According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
I thought it was never about money with Mario as long as Miami got serious with the football program.
Exactly. That entire narrative was obviously full of ******* ****. He doesn't give a **** he's playing to the highest bidder just like we were any other school.

Academic ranking or popularity ranking (US News)?

Is there a reliable source for the former?
I agree US news sucks as a barometer, but its the one people pay attention to. I believe the school is better academically now than it was even when I was there, but the rankings may not reflect that

Mario’s whole issue was not to alienate himself , burn bridges and leave on good terms. As I said he’s a good dude.

He tried so hard not to do it that he’s done it lol.

Nothing has changed.

There’s no easy way to do this and all he did was lead them on giving them false hope even though he’s gone.
The ole' "I want a divorce but cant we still be friends?" routine. Hardly ever works out that way.

Advertisement
I’ve heard Manny is disappointed in the situation and wishes he got another year. It truly was his dream job and he wouldn’t have left for Alabama if he coached well enough for that opportunity.

But he’s also admitted that he underwhelmed and this year should have been better.

He did it to himself, betting on himself being an elite DC and being HC. He laid out the expectations to go 11-1 or 10-2 and go to the ACCCG and that anything less was unacceptable. He even said if we did that - recruiting will take off and we’ll sign a top 5 class.

The minute he lost that 3rd game he was done and knew this exact scenario was on the horizon. Because of the expectations he set for himself and made everyone else believe.

You see how many guys entered the portal and decommitted between Riley leaving and Venables getting hired? Now look at Miami… not 1 player left and so far not 1 decommit.
That picture of him after the UNC game said it all. You can tell he did really care, unlike a brain Kelly type, but caring doesn’t always lead to wins. His bad qualities like being stubborn about the defense and not letting Alonzo come in for help is what ultimately cost him this opportunity. Miami is also a huge stage he probably needed to start at a school like temple, fiu is now open.

With that said I think our whole fan base has been waiting on a commitment to greatness for the last 20 years. If this all plays out like it is looking like it is as a fan who just turned 31 think this is the most excited I have ever been about this program. With the transfer portal and how weak the acc is Miami can be very good next year.

Last edited:
what's amazing is no one outside media that hates us feels bad for Manny. oregon kids have tweeted stuff, no one from miami has been supportive of Manny except his dad's friends.
Nah that’s not true. I’m excited about Cristobal and a badass new AD but I also simultaneously feel bad for Manny and feel a little embarrassed about how this entire situation is playing out. Makes us seem a bit incompetent.

I will be delighted when the firing and hiring is announced but this is really dragged out. LSU and USC did this without days of bullsh!t leaks in between.

I think others probably feel similarly but they won’t say they feel bad for manny because even though they do, they’re more excited about getting Cristobal than they are feeling bad for manny. Same boat I’m in

Advertisement
Coaches pulled from recruiting per 247

Attachments

• B23FB4F6-BF90-47D1-A5E1-3FAD0ED42739.jpeg
    B23FB4F6-BF90-47D1-A5E1-3FAD0ED42739.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 305
As probably the highest profile engineering grad of the university in the last 20 years, I can tell you that the UM COE might be the worst in the country. I spoke at FIU engineering to students 2 months ago, and they are not only more intelligent and driven, but learn in an environment that I can only estimate has a budget 10x of UM.

Also they don’t teach cad to undergrads or mechanical design, and refuse outside help to modernize their curriculum. Fire everyone. Your money would be better spent at a school in the Midwest.
Well, perhaps, but his friends and he are going to do very well. I won't publicly publish my son's thoughts regarding his FIU peers. BTW, on the way down to Miami 5 years ago I sat next to the Dean of the FIU Engineering School. Very nice guy btw. Here is what he said, yes, he is hiring some profs from Miami. In the end, it really does not matter where you get your undergraduate degree in aero. It matters where you get your master's. For aero, it matters whether you have a wind tunnel. Miami does although not supersonic. My son was on a full ride via ROTC and a Foote fellow. He turned down his USAFA appointment. He has absolutely zero regrets. His only regret he told me yesterday is he is going to graduate in May and athletics will be much better. He is applying for the AFIT program to get his master's in hypersonics before he goes to pilot training. His Miami degree has not hurt him one bit.

Advertisement
Nah that’s not true. I’m excited about Cristobal and a badass new AD but I also simultaneously feel bad for Manny and feel a little embarrassed about how this entire situation is playing out. Makes us seem a bit incompetent.

I will be delighted when the firing and hiring is announced but this is really dragged out. LSU and USC did this without days of bullsh!t leaks in between.

I think others probably feel similarly but they won’t say they feel bad for manny because even though they do, they’re more excited about getting Cristobal than they are feeling bad for manny. Same boat I’m in
Manny has fired a ton of people in pretty brutal fashion since he's been here. dont feel bad.

Advertisement
There’s one person I know of that is as strong as Crib, and he also said Mario signed.

Everyone ******* relax.

It's unbelievable to sit here and watch so many people, some of which presumably went to my alma matter, fall for every tweet, every unnamed source, every rumor, over and over and over and over, without learning. The definition of insanity.

Advertisement
Back