According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
No Mario wasn't hedging. It was a verbal agreement that should have been kept secret to iron out everything else and get it signed - while allowing him to finish his recruiting priority to Oregon and have a team meeting.

This was all Mario's requested timeline. Mario kinda did it to himself trying to do everything "right" and it backfired.. but it was all avoidable if Mike doesn't leak that.
this. now you see why guys pull a Lincoln Riley.
The moment Blake was fired, this took off. Blake wasn't fired when he was to get lane or retain Manny.

Well, the question is does the University of Miami want to play the U.S. News and World Report game. They have suffered greatly since they changed their metrics. Look, my son is working his aeronautical engineering capstone program. Miami's engineering program is ranked somewhere in the 90s. All 5 are going to graduate at least *** laude. His best friend and he are going to Air Force pilot training, one accepted a job with Lockheed Martin, the other with Boeing, and the last one is going to get her PhD I believe from MIT. Miami is dumping a lot of money into STEM right now. Good for them.

As probably the highest profile engineering grad of the university in the last 20 years, I can tell you that the UM COE might be the worst in the country. I spoke at FIU engineering to students 2 months ago, and they are not only more intelligent and driven, but learn in an environment that I can only estimate has a budget 10x of UM.

Also they don’t teach cad to undergrads or mechanical design, and refuse outside help to modernize their curriculum. Fire everyone. Your money would be better spent at a school in the Midwest.

Dude just won't stop will he

This guy’s twitter comments need to be kept to relevant information that may change the course of this. Reporting who broke wind and which direction it is heading and why they thought that they could do so without being discovered is getting to be ridiculous. It is working against us and he needs to take a Valium.

Advertisement
Read my post again. I know what Cribby said. I understand he was supposed to hold out. Then I asked a what if…
ah sorry. nah don't think Mario doesn't know his decision. I just think he wanted to tell his team first and didn't get to Oregon in time yesterday. Mike Ryan just can't stop tweeting his love for the canes

Advertisement
Last week, per a source, Knight signed off on a 10-year, $85 million extension that was offered by the University of Oregon to football coach Mario Cristobal. Year No. 1 would double Cristobal’s base salary and put it in excess of $7 million a year. It escalated from there and was easily the most lucrative deal ever offered to a football coach in Eugene.

Cristobal didn’t sign Oregon’s contract extension before the title game. He instead made plans to talk with his agent the following day. Then, his team got blown off the field by the Utes: 38-10. The Ducks’ coach took the loss hard. He spoke in the post-game news conference for only six minutes. Then, on Saturday Cristobal boarded the private plane owned by long-time Oregon booster Ed Maletis and embarked on a whirlwind recruiting trip that would include multiple states, more than 25 recruits and span 14 days.

That trip is now cut short.

That 10-year contract extension?

“It was pulled off the table when Mario didn’t sign it and got on the plane,” said a source close to the situation.

Does Mario even have a recourse to turn Miami down at this point?

looks like a lot of pr to avoid looking like they're still a stepping stone..

No Mario wasn't hedging. It was a verbal agreement that should have been kept secret to iron out everything else and get it signed - while allowing him to finish his recruiting priority to Oregon and have a team meeting.

This was all Mario's requested timeline. Mario kinda did it to himself trying to do everything "right" and it backfired.. but it was all avoidable if Mike doesn't leak that.
Got it! Thanks!!

It wasn’t supposed to be announced until today, maybe tomorrow . The leak caused the chaos .

Are these even really leaks, and not people guessing the obvious?

Makes Miami's approach since Friday even more mystifying. Fire Diaz and, under the guise of a national search, work out the details with Mario.

Instead, since we are only persuing one candidate, it puts the whole deal under a microscope.

I think some of the leaks are just people throwing **** against a wall...but lots of it is sticking, because what is going on is so obvious.

ah sorry. nah don't think Mario doesn't know his decision. I just think he wanted to tell his team first and didn't get to Oregon in time yesterday. Mike Ryan just can't stop tweeting his love for the canes
Yeah - Jay just answered me. Makes complete sense now to me based on his explanation.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz got paid $18 million to go 21-15. UM can treat him how it wants.

We're currently paying him $75k a week to continue to do his job. He has a contract. We aren't going to pull the rug out from under him. We have the right to fire him whenever we want, as he agreed to, and if we do, he receives a multi-million dollar exit payment. No one has breached a contract. He will never, ever make more money in his life than he is making now.

Furthermore, it's absolutely amateurish for the press to assume Manny hasn't been briefed on what's going on, and isn't ok with it. He wants to stay, but there is a reason he is still gunning. It's his job.

******* Karen's on twitter.

As an alum, I am not freaking out every minute about the rankings, I am just citing the decline as one (of many) non-Athletics reasons why Frenk has not "cemented his legacy".
Fair enough. I know my son is no fan. Frenk looks disinterested. For all the **** Donna took about the football program, she was always very visible around campus.

I think Ruiz cares and has good intentions but he’s gotta take a breath and step back oldie a minute…

yeah he's muddying the waters way too much... and also will have zero credibility if, for whatever reason, it doesn't happen. he's got way more to lose than corporate writers.

Advertisement
Yesterday was our 25th best day in pageviews, I expected better. Get off your asses today and hit those refresh buttons.

homer-simpson-yes-yes.gif

Advertisement
Back