According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

he didnt deserve another year. if king and Gaynor dont get hurt, they are still playing. he's not a great football coach. he came here popped off at the mouth and couldn't deliver. you were right , being DC was a bad move. he ran out of scapegoats. he will also struggle to get a good job because he's not well respected, he needs to humble himself and learn from someone. he's young enough.
Don't forget Gurvan Hall.

Advertisement
Does Frenk fire Manny himself?

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

I’ve heard Manny is disappointed in the situation and wishes he got another year. It truly was his dream job and he wouldn’t have left for Alabama if he coached well enough for that opportunity.

But he’s also admitted that he underwhelmed and this year should have been better.

He did it to himself, betting on himself being an elite DC and being HC. He laid out the expectations to go 11-1 or 10-2 and go to the ACCCG and that anything less was unacceptable. He even said if we did that - recruiting will take off and we’ll sign a top 5 class.

The minute he lost that 3rd game he was done and knew this exact scenario was on the horizon. Because of the expectations he set for himself and made everyone else believe.

You see how many guys entered the portal and decommitted between Riley leaving and Venables getting hired? Now look at Miami… not 1 player left and so far not 1 decommit.
Exactly, no doubt Manny cares and did many good things: Lashlee, the portal, recruiting (not all positions).

Ultimately, what doomed his era is:

1) saying no to Zo after that horrible first year
2) not giving up the defense to a proper DC even UM would've spent the money for a top-notch coordinator.

For these two reasons alone, he doesn't deserve another year, imho.

he didnt deserve another year. if king and Gaynor dont get hurt, they are still playing. he's not a great football coach. he came here popped off at the mouth and couldn't deliver. you were right , being DC was a bad move. he ran out of scapegoats. he will also struggle to get a good job because he's not well respected, he needs to humble himself and learn from someone. he's young enough.
Should've played the young bucks from day 1. We might be 10-2 or 9-3. Still would've lost to FSU though. That **** was inexcusable.

Advertisement
Yeah, but I was mostly responding to the "looks weak" comment. Does it look weak to have your agent imply that you will take a discount to coach at a university that hasn't even contacted you for an interview?
Reminds of the Houston Nutt comment, "I have no interest in the University of Miami opening." The rest is history for the Nutter.

ehhhhhh. Cribby said Ryan leaked info that wasn't supposed to get out yesterday and caused the hurricane. it was supposed to be done later with him telling his team first not them finding out from social media
Read my post again. I know what Cribby said. I understand he was supposed to hold out. Then I asked a what if…

You called it from day 1 about his lack of a playing background. I think you can be a decent X&O coordinator without that background - but being a HC and the emotion of the game and having that understanding is totally different.

Advertisement
Exactly, no doubt Manny cares and did many good things: Lashlee, the portal, recruiting (not all positions).

Ultimately, what doomed his era is:

1) saying no to Zo after that horrible first year
2) not giving up the defense to a proper DC even UM would've spent the money for a top-notch coordinator.
he's too insecure to give up the defense. like @Brooklyndee said he's not an alpha. hes more of a fan who got lucky. dude is not a football guy.
once I hear someone talk analytics like he did, I knew.

Well, the question is does the University of Miami want to play the U.S. News and World Report game. They have suffered greatly since they changed their metrics. Look, my son is working his aeronautical engineering capstone program. Miami's engineering program is ranked somewhere in the 90s. All 5 are going to graduate at least *** laude. His best friend and he are going to Air Force pilot training, one accepted a job with Lockheed Martin, the other with Boeing, and the last one is going to get her PhD I believe from MIT. Miami is dumping a lot of money into STEM right now. Good for them.

As an alum, I am not freaking out every minute about the rankings, I am just citing the decline as one (of many) non-Athletics reasons why Frenk has not "cemented his legacy".

Also, I have no hatred/disrespect for D Rev Lee/Redpill Stepdad, I just think he doesn't see the whole picture, that's all. He means well, but for those of us with a U on our diplomas...we need more performance from our President.

Last edited:
Too many national people are glossing over that fact. TVD wasn’t a master stroke in coaching. It was a blind squirrel finding a nut.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last week, per a source, Knight signed off on a 10-year, $85 million extension that was offered by the University of Oregon to football coach Mario Cristobal. Year No. 1 would double Cristobal’s base salary and put it in excess of $7 million a year. It escalated from there and was easily the most lucrative deal ever offered to a football coach in Eugene.

Cristobal didn’t sign Oregon’s contract extension before the title game. He instead made plans to talk with his agent the following day. Then, his team got blown off the field by the Utes: 38-10. The Ducks’ coach took the loss hard. He spoke in the post-game news conference for only six minutes. Then, on Saturday Cristobal boarded the private plane owned by long-time Oregon booster Ed Maletis and embarked on a whirlwind recruiting trip that would include multiple states, more than 25 recruits and span 14 days.

That trip is now cut short.

That 10-year contract extension?

“It was pulled off the table when Mario didn’t sign it and got on the plane,” said a source close to the situation.

Does Mario even have a recourse to turn Miami down at this point?

So what if Mike tweeted that because he was told to do so by his source(s) to kinda push Cristobal forward if Miami saw he was starting to hedge? @Cribby - is that a possibility?
No Mario wasn't hedging. It was a verbal agreement that should have been kept secret to iron out everything else and get it signed - while allowing him to finish his recruiting priority to Oregon and have a team meeting.

This was all Mario's requested timeline. Mario kinda did it to himself trying to do everything "right" and it backfired.. but it was all avoidable if Mike doesn't leak that.

You called it from day 1 about his lack of a playing background. I think you can be a decent X&O coordinator without that background - but being a HC and the emotion of the game and having that understanding is totally different.
look even playing d3 means something. you can't expect kids to do something you never did. Football is different. Two a days, s&c, etc. the game is too physical for someone who never played to demand from the kids. Mario can tell war stories, Manny can talk about editing videos at espn. Manny also makes a fool of himself, the cleats, the props, slip and slide, etc. you need a presence

Advertisement
Back