According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
Not sure how any fans are blaming Mario for “taking his time” or the school for not firing Manny.

If we knew of nothing right now, we would simply be waiting for Manny to be fired and probably assume it’d happen after the bowl game. The media feeding us a bunch of BS (Eddie freaking Nunez??? Gino at AD?? Manny will stay if not Mario??? Manny will be DC with Mario???? etc.) is why this has become a mess, that’s no fault of the school or Mario.

Us fans feeding into it being a mess is letting whoever wants the school to appear that way win.

Somebody take this man's phone. He's all over the map in less than 3 hours time.

magic 8 ball GIF by Matt Cutshall

And I have no idea what prompted the chaos again or the tweets from Mike Ryan. He’s been spot on so I’m sure it was something.

It’s a little too late to back track when there’s a plane scheduled to pick you up, you canceled recruiting visits, scheduled a team meeting, etc etc. The Oregon bridge is burnt.
So what if Mike tweeted that because he was told to do so by his source(s) to kinda push Cristobal forward if Miami saw he was starting to hedge? @Cribby - is that a possibility?

Advertisement
It’s fine to drop nuggets. It’s the play by play that’s a little much.
but hes not doing this to be a news breaker just a person that loves the school. his info and lakes have have been accurate except lake has been far better at providing nuggets than Ryan has.

usually you don't see it play out in public but people couldn't help themselves on twitter. the leak on friday obviously threw a wrench in it all if they planned on firing Manny first (which was probably the biggest mistake in all of this) then announcing Mario after that in a true timeline.

I could go post some **** on Twitter out of my *** and it would be as much in the know as 99% of the stuff that gets posted.

62-60 and just got his shït pushed in in his conference Championship game. If it was anyone else, no one on here would be excited about him being the coach
You keep throwing out the 62-60 record as an indictment. You do realize that in the 4 years before Mario got to FIU, their record was 0-37. Literally winless for 37 games in a row. The fact that he then won 27 is proof of his ability. He built that program from literally nothing.

And speaking of getting their **** pushed in, it happens: Saban got his done by Dabo in 2019 who in turn got his done by Coach O in 2020. Kirby just did by Saban this weekend. But you wouldn't take Saban or Dabo or Kirby? GTFOH

Cristobal is among the best if not the best and most qualified available HC candidates for Miami right now. The fact that he's a Miami alum is a cherry on top and gives credence to the notion that for once in our history, we might actually have a coach who - if successful - will stick around a long time.

Advertisement
I’ve heard Manny is disappointed in the situation and wishes he got another year. It truly was his dream job and he wouldn’t have left for Alabama if he coached well enough for that opportunity.

But he’s also admitted that he underwhelmed and this year should have been better.

He did it to himself, betting on himself being an elite DC and being HC. He laid out the expectations to go 11-1 or 10-2 and go to the ACCCG and that anything less was unacceptable. He even said if we did that - recruiting will take off and we’ll sign a top 5 class.

The minute he lost that 3rd game he was done and knew this exact scenario was on the horizon. Because of the expectations he set for himself and made everyone else believe.

You see how many guys entered the portal and decommitted between Riley leaving and Venables getting hired? Now look at Miami… not 1 player left and so far not 1 decommit.

Advertisement
So what if Mike tweeted that because he was told to do so by his source(s) to kinda push Cristobal forward if Miami saw he was starting to hedge? @Cribby - is that a possibility?
ehhhhhh. Cribby said Ryan leaked info that wasn't supposed to get out yesterday and caused the hurricane. it was supposed to be done later with him telling his team first not them finding out from social media

I still don’t get why the keep Stringing Manny along, should’ve fired him after Duke or kept him. This whole Mario or bust is a stupid and make the university looks clueless. Maybe they have a reason( they don’t want kids to jump in the portal) but they are doing a horrible job putting out the message. Yes I know the leaks cause it but it just shows that nobody is leading this university.
Well, Miami's BoT called up Stephen Ross for advice.

Stephen said, "let me. tell you about two guys named Sparano and Harbaugh". Miami BoT replied, "ok, yeah, tell us more, tell us more, we want to go really big dumpster fire..."

Does not matter he is a retrobate nor he is always looking for next opportunity. He is about to win 11 games at Ole Miss, baby. Bring him to me. If Miami hired him, then so be it, but most of the Lane Train fans have neither attended Miami nor are season ticketholders nor do nothing more than watch games every Saturday and every now and then attend a game via StubHub. Look, if Miami hired Kiffin, it would be entertaining and I obviously would be on board.

Yeah, but I was mostly responding to the "looks weak" comment. Does it look weak to have your agent imply that you will take a discount to coach at a university that hasn't even contacted you for an interview?

Advertisement
I’ve heard Manny is disappointed in the situation and wishes he got another year. It truly was his dream job and he wouldn’t have left for Alabama if he coached well enough for that opportunity.

But he’s also admitted that he underwhelmed and this year should have been better.

He did it to himself, betting on himself being an elite DC and being HC. He laid out the expectations to go 11-1 or 10-2 and go to the ACCCG and that anything less was unacceptable. He even said if we did that - recruiting will take off and we’ll sign a top 5 class.

The minute he lost that 3rd game he was done and knew this exact scenario was on the horizon. Because of the expectations he set for himself and made everyone else believe.

You see how many guys entered the portal and decommitted between Riley leaving and Venables getting hired? Now look at Miami… not 1 player left and so far not 1 decommit.
he didnt deserve another year. if king and Gaynor dont get hurt, they are still playing. he's not a great football coach. he came here popped off at the mouth and couldn't deliver. you were right , being DC was a bad move. he ran out of scapegoats. he will also struggle to get a good job because he's not well respected, he needs to humble himself and learn from someone. he's young enough.

The 3rd loss was bad, and the 4th was the nail. That shot of him standing in the empty UNC stadium said it all.

Hilarious.

Have you SEEN our academic rankings?
Well, the question is does the University of Miami want to play the U.S. News and World Report game. They have suffered greatly since they changed their metrics. Look, my son is working his aeronautical engineering capstone program. Miami's engineering program is ranked somewhere in the 90s. All 5 are going to graduate at least *** laude. His best friend and he are going to Air Force pilot training, one accepted a job with Lockheed Martin, the other with Boeing, and the last one is going to get her PhD I believe from MIT. Miami is dumping a lot of money into STEM right now. Good for them.

Advertisement
Back