According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
Mario has this idyllic view of his exit where everyone is happy for him and no one is hurt. That's why he is still continuing with recruiting visits for Oregon because he wants to leave them on a good note. The problem is that just isn't possible in today's day and age, and any chance to leave on his own terms tell his coaches and his players himself before anything got out was ruined by multiple reports. He's pretty naive to have thought that would not happen. Hopefully you comes to the realization that there is no perfect way to do this and get out now.
Everyone calls him an alpha, but his recent behavior sure doesn’t give off that impression. Make a **** decision and move forward accordingl.

There’s an old saying that says “You can please some of the people some of the time but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.” If Mario is trying to please too many people, it could wind up biting him - and us - in the ***. Let’s hope that’s not the case.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everyone knows the deal , as usual fans love losing their minds because they don't know what's going on. The staff knew Mario was the guy and they knew at the latest tomorrow would be D day. There's multiole reasons why it was handled like this and everyone was open and upfront about everything. At this point it doesn't matter.
So .. bottom line .. it gets announced on Monday. THEN some movement on Rad.
I cant believe how excited some of you are about getting a coach with a career 62-60 record. He is the definition of average and he's ****ing miami around right now.
ASININE position. Marios P5 record was 35-13 72% .. better that JJ's P5 record at Ok State over a 5 year period ((29-25). No way you can include FIU .. they were 0-12 the year before Mario got there .. they literally had no weight room .. no D1 recruits .. it was basically an intramural program. Four years later Mario won his conference at FIU.

Advertisement
...but his buyout remain unchanged
While the poor people of Mississippi are out there polishing the few pennies that they have after splurging on Thanksgiving dinner, the Canes decision makers are sitting back in one of their many private jets contemplating their next move. And while all these other programs think they need to be the toughest or work the hardest to survive, the canes know only one thing matters: the money.

So .. bottom line .. it gets announced on Monday. THEN some movement on Rad.

ASININE position. Marios P5 record was 35-13 72% .. better that JJ's P5 record at Ok State over a 5 year period ((29-25). No way you can include FIU .. they were 0-12 the year before Mario got there .. they literally had no weight room .. no D1 recruits .. it was basically an intramural program. Four years later Mario won his conference at FIU.
And if he wasnt a Miami guy, you'd agree with me. Tell me I'm lying..

Advertisement
Mario is acting like a recruit.

Another south Florida diva eh, fellas?
I was thinking the same thing. He has done a TERRIBLE job handling this. Notorious second guesser? Wants everybody to be happy with him? Gotta have conviction and accept the consequences Mario. You've known this was coming for over a month..woefully unprepared.

Advertisement
IF this is an accurate re-telling👇

Screenshot_20211206-081438_DuckDuckGo.jpg

JFC.

UM once hired a coach with a 29-25 record at Okie State, and that turned out ok.
Toughest conference in football at the time, and his team improved every year. His last year they lost 4 games by a combined 12 points. They were an improving team. They lost to #1 Nebraska by 4, and #15 OU by 1. JJ felt he did all he could do with the talent he could get at OSU. Can we say the same about Mario at Oregon?

If Mario doesn’t come here this time around, I think we’re done w him forever. No more Mario to Miami messages. It’s over. He got reportedly everything he wanted. I assume he still wants to tell his tewm first before formally agreeing but if it is actual doubt, you never bring him up for an opening again

Advertisement
Back