According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
**** I’ve missed a lot of up and down on here today.. I kinda checked out about 4 o clock thinking it was settled.

I heard it was done, immediately went to Twitter and saw Mike Ryan’s tweet about 2 min after he posted, then came here and saw Cribby’s post.. all 3 happening within 5 minutes. Has to be good info.

The delay is the details that have to be ironed out. Deeper than just Mario’s salary and term. That is what everyone means that it’s done and he’s coming. The rest of it was finalized this evening (eastern time) He couldn’t cancel recruiting visits last minute without it tipping his hand. Those had to be done and he just got back to Eugene tonight. Team meeting tomorrow. This was always the timeline. He wasn’t canceling visits before he had a team meeting.

I was wrong assuming Feldman or someone big would leak it today but they’re close and I’m sure there’s a respect thing to allow him to talk to his team before it leaks on that level.

Good night CIS. New era starts tomorrow.
Despite all of the twitter postings, etc., this post actually gives me some relief. As you said, looking forward to a new era for our program and it starts tomorrow.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20211205-223357.jpg

(btw, I agree with dycane. lil Debbie could be my personal snack)

**** I’ve missed a lot of up and down on here today.. I kinda checked out about 4 o clock thinking it was settled.

I heard it was done, immediately went to Twitter and saw Mike Ryan’s tweet about 2 min after he posted, then came here and saw Cribby’s post.. all 3 happening within 5 minutes. Has to be good info.

The delay is the details that have to be ironed out. Deeper than just Mario’s salary and term. That is what everyone means that it’s done and he’s coming. The rest of it was finalized this evening (eastern time) He couldn’t cancel recruiting visits last minute without it tipping his hand. Those had to be done and he just got back to Eugene tonight. Team meeting tomorrow. This was always the timeline. He wasn’t canceling visits before he had a team meeting.

I was wrong assuming Feldman or someone big would leak it today but they’re close and I’m sure there’s a respect thing to allow him to talk to his team before it leaks on that level.

Good night CIS. New era starts tomorrow.
Any thoughts on the AD search?

Advertisement
She’s not wrong.
And, the reason it turned into a S___ show, is because they should've done the right thing by the players, the program, alums and fans and just fired Manny after the UVA game, or at the very latest, after the Nole loss.

I asked the question on here what I was missing on why he hadn't already been fired. Once we got really close to Dec. 1st, then it made sense to muscle through, but they should have let him know he wasn't coming back.

And, I still don't believe that Diaz was actually going to be brought back under almost any circumstances. How can we fire Blake because of his record, bring in an AD and make that AD the highest AD in collegiate sports, and not fire him.

I don't care what they were leaking (which was really just petty BOT's not getting their way) bringing Manny back was so illogical and bordering on the edge of clinical insanity, I just don't believe it. No way that was ever really happening.

Advertisement
And, the reason it turned into a S___ show, is because they should've done the right thing by the players, the program, alums and fans and just fired Manny after the UVA game, or at the very latest, after the Nole loss.

I asked the question on here what I was missing on why he hadn't already been fired. Once we got really close to Dec. 1st, then it made sense to muscle through, but they should have let him know he wasn't coming back.

And, I still don't believe that Diaz was actually going to be brought back under almost any circumstances. How can we fire Blake because of his record, bring in an AD and make that AD the highest AD in collegiate sports, and not fire him.

I don't care what they were leaking (which was really just petty BOT's not getting their way) bringing Manny back was so illogical and bordering on the edge of clinical insanity, I just don't believe it. No way that was ever really happening.
I can’t say, it all looks ridiculous from where I’m standing. There was no reason to keep him, nobody expected the success the team had the last 6 games. And I assume they thought they’d hire an AD and let him be in on the HC hire, but then why not fire Blake sooner and get to work getting an AD.

In the end, it’s typical of Miami to step on their own d*ck in a situation like this.

Agree with you that Manny should have been fired weeks ago. However I still believe they would have brought him back if Mario turned us down. They had no plan B. It was Mario or bust. Yes, it is illogical and insane. We are talking about the same University that promoted Randy Shannon to HC when Coker was fired. Also the same University that paid a buyout to Temple to hire Manny Diaz back. Logic be damned.

If Mario hasn't informed his team then I doubt that happens before 10 AM EST. So does UM call a 4PM press conference?

Advertisement
Agree with you that Manny should have been fired weeks ago. However I still believe they would have brought him back if Mario turned us down. They had no plan B. It was Mario or bust. Yes, it is illogical and insane. We are talking about the same University that promoted Randy Shannon to HC when Coker was fired. Also the same University that paid a buyout to Temple to hire Manny Diaz back. Logic be damned.
Some people think Kiffin’s still in play, but I’m wondering if he ever was. Looks to me like Miami decided to Miami this by picking only one person to go after. Kiffin’s agent just did a good job of getting rumors out there so he and his client could get paid.

Advertisement
Back