According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
Diaz knows exactly what’s happening and that this ends in the termination of his contract. You don’t know what he worked out with the school regarding the end of his tenure.
I believe ya, but what you're saying is mostly irrelevant. I would imagine that Miami is going to fire Diaz before Mario publicly reveals that he is coming to Miami.

It would be quite strange if Manny agreed to be fired after Mario's announcement was made public. Perhaps Diaz agreed to remain with the team until after Mario signed the dotted line, but I imagine a public firing of Diaz would come before a public confirmation by Miami/Cristobal.

Feel sorry for Diaz?

What about feeling sorry for the Miami Hurricanes fan base who had to watch his team lose to FIU?
Agreed!

Sorry, but when you accept that job at Miami and are making $3-4mm a year, you find little sympathy from me when you've caused a lot of people unhappiness, which he has. He became a multi-millionaire and grossly underperformed - pretty please let me know if they're accepting applications for any jobs like that! I can underperform with the best of them!!

He had EVERY possible advantage and tool to at minimum win the Coastal this year and didn't.

This year? The whole ACC was his for the taking and he screwed that up.

Also, I suspect that this trip out to Cali was done as a possible game of keep away.

Ahh whatever. As a human being, I wish him well and hope that he has a better post-Cane career than many of UM's fired HC's, except for Mark. Mark was already set for life and now he has a job that most of the folks on CIS would love to have - CFB color commentator.

FREE MARIO!!!!!

km_20211204-2_1080p(1)_1.gif

Advertisement
I believe ya, but what you're saying is mostly irrelevant. I would imagine that Miami is going to fire Diaz before Mario publicly reveals that he is coming to Miami.

It would be quite strange if Manny agreed to be fired after Mario's announcement was made public. Perhaps Diaz agreed to remain with the team until after Mario signed the dotted line, but I imagine a public firing of Diaz would come before a public confirmation by Miami/Cristobal.
Maybe Manny will be allowed to coach the bowl game?

You mean like the New Mexico guy and Gino Torretta? No thanks.
Scientists need to stop doing research on mice and come research these folks on these message boards. ****, mice figure **** out after getting electrocuted a few times lol. These cats here just keep going back and getting lit up. It's entertaining as ****.

Advertisement
I didn't care if Manny kept his job or was gone, as long as Blake was gone. I didn't want Blake making another hire at UM again, period.

On feeling bad for Manny or not, I got several different feelings. He didn't want to lose his job, fine win more games. It is that simple. I also believe he could grow into a good coach, but that isn't in the cards for today's coaching. I just don't want to keep down the same path we have, a new coach per college career period of 4 years are so. It seems like we gone through coaches like a college time period, every four years.

Advertisement

Not that far-fetched perhaps: Manny has agreed to stay on (for a time) as an analyst, and ease the transition... and maybe that includes coaching the Sun Bowl. Could work and save some dignity and makes some real sense.
(Edit: or even Mario's HC job begins right after the Sun Bowl, and Manny remains HC until then (and for it.) ???)

Advertisement
Not that far-fetched perhaps: Manny has agreed to stay on (for a time) as an analyst, and ease the transition... and maybe that includes coaching the Sun Bowl. Could work and save some dignity and makes some real sense.
Yeah that also makes sense of the situation.

It's not like Manny has got anywhere to go... I mean who's knocking down his door to come aboard?.... All these Coaching moves and you don't hear anyone hot on Manny's trail..... I know he has a job "right now".. So did everyone else till they went somewhere else...

Advertisement
Back