According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Oh it's done
Curb Your Enthusiasm Pants GIF

Advertisement
You want to believe since Ryan appears to be somewhat plugged in...

Again, let's believe only after Mario is wearing orange and green during game 2 next season...
And not game 1? How about next Spring Game? 1st team practice? Dang, Empi. Do you doubt your own existence? Maybe you're a Boltzmann brain? LOL

Manny has been informed through the whole process, and has been a great solider doing everything right to help the program, and the kids throughout. He's been grinding. He's been a stand-up guy who just wants what is best for everyone... as he has been throughout his time at Miami. He grew up going to Canes games at the Orange Bowl, he loves this city.

He tried his best to win here, with one arm tied behind his back (if you don't think that's true, ask Kirk Herbstreit). He did so much right, but it wasn't enough as he had too low a ceiling, and it's time for Miami to step into the big leagues again.

He is leaving this program a lot better than he found it (there is a lot more under the hood than 3 point losses and W/L) and I am thankful for that.

He needs to go, there is no doubt about that, but if I ever see him I will buy him a shot of 42 and thank him for working hard to bridge the program during a very turbulent time. The way he's stood up like a man while we were shopping his job I will never forget. Nor should anyone.
I agree with Diaz being professional. I also believe he was told shortly after James was dismissed. I also believe Miami has no intention of embarrassing him and he is being given an opportunity to find a soft landing.

For the younger fans among us, this national media tone you see now (negating reports we know are true) is but the slightest indication of what to expect if we ever return to prominence on a consistent basis. They love us when we are down and talk up our crappy coaches, but when we are the elephant in the room, they capitalize on any chance to put negative spin on something.
And the NCAA will start a tampering investigation. Saying UM broke some kind of rule in there pursuit of Mario. ESECPN and the likes will call for the death penalty..

Advertisement
While I really want Manny to be replaced as HFC, he will always be part of the U family to me. He landed the core of an ACC championship level team. He brought swag back with the TO chain that is now a solid part of college football landscape. He cared about us and did not go searching for a “better job“, are you listening Al? I hope he lands a solid job and does well in the future.

Advertisement
It’ll get bumped if I’m wrong but with the budget - He’s gonna swing for the fences with serious hires for staff.
People try to compare Manny to Mario on the field, but we needed Mario because of what he’s bringing off the field.

Mario says we need to get out **** together or he ain’t coming, all of a sudden there’s tons of money being poured in, Athletic Directors being fired, on campus (basically) stadium being planned for...

Manny would have never even tried to accomplish this. We’ve been getting dressed off the bargain bin for way to long. Regardless of who we hire, it’s evident Mario has the large scale vision we’ve needed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back