According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
ricflairtear3.gif

Advertisement
how is a small private university affording -

what large public state schools can't afford?

universities can't use their general funds, especially state and federal dollars, for athletics. they can only use specifically earmarked donations, revenue generated by the program, and revenue from related non-education business ventures (like uhealth) to fund. that's why boosters are so powerful at those big schools.

Didn’t see any Notre Dame parents tweeting this about Bayou Brian. Shameful that LSU abetted such offensive conduct by him. The optics are terrible.
Didn't he do the same thing at Cincinnati? It's his way.

Advertisement
universities can't use their general funds, especially state and federal dollars, for athletics. they can only use specifically earmarked donations, revenue generated by the program, and revenue from related non-education business ventures (like uhealth) to fund. that's why boosters are so powerful at those big schools.
Apparently a big part of the problem was that UHealth had big names associated with it but not necessarily the right people to run it and they weren't generating revenue. Now they have competent people calling the shots and they are generating good revenue again. That's a significant reason why money has suddenly become much less of an object.

Advertisement
Advertisement
swear I didn't cheat here, but I know that 12/31/2018 was manny being Hired... wow manny being hired drew 25% more traffic than cristobal? maybe because we've seen the cristobal news coming all week

11/12/2017 was the day after we pushed the domers **** in 41-8 so we were all riding pretty high on that one

the two february dates look like signing day, no idea about 1/26/2017 -- maybe we hired enos?

I’ve come back to this thread and metaphorically feel like a proud papa, watching his toddlers playing in the yard. It seems just like yesterday me and uncle Jay was holding them , wiping their tears away and telling them “everything would be ok”.

Now as I sit in my swing , drinking a glass of sweet tea , and watching you guys run around playing , while looking so gleeful , I suddenly get a tear in my eye. I then look at my brother Jay and give him a cheers , and tell him “we did good, they’ll be ok in this big , crazy world”.

Very well done my man. You've been absolutely awesome around here for quite a while now. Your insights and info enhance the enjoyment of following our team.

Advertisement
Back