According to PFN

I don't remember that.

Edit: Apparently, a year before the draft where he could have turned pro, one guy offered such possibility.

Bucky Brooks had Morris as the first overall pick pre-season, too.

Advertisement
Bucky Brooks had Morris as the first overall pick pre-season, too.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

You realize that's how the entire HS recruiting rankings work right? The 32 five stars every year are in theory the 32 future first round picks and so on.
Those 32 5 stars are supposed to represent 1st rd talent..high 4stars supposedly represents 2-3 rd guys to P5 college starting level guys..the fact is this, it’s not an exact science. It’s probably the best formula but it doesn’t account for a zay Jones or a rashad weaver. Plenty of kids out perform and even more under perform those rankings

It’s only theoretical. And it only pertains to five star players. It’s not like they say every four star player is a second round pick and every three star player is a third round pick. So, yes. The top 32 players are rated 5 stars because theoretically they should develop into first round talent. The other thousands of rated and ranked players have nothing to do with the NFL draft at all. Besides, unless you’ve never watched college football ever, you have to know that there’s tons of guys who were incredible college players but never did well professionally. Ken Dorsey, Gino Toretta, Gerald Willis. All Americans in college. Didn’t make any impact on the NFL.
Completely agree on the theory of being a great college player and not a pro. There are tons of them just like King is I believe. I was just saying it because it's what they do also. It wasn't some crazy new way to evaluate. They do in fact give a draft grade or not for the other players as well though in their bios not just 5 stars. It will say Round 4-7 pick, P5 starter, whatever they think their ceiling is based on getting to the league. One of their mods explained it last year. To them they see getting to the NFL as all of their end goals, and therefore base their rankings around that notion. Basing them on if they will be a good college player or not would require including the system they were going to etc was their reasoning behind not ranking players based on that also. So right or wrong if it means anything is up to the person, but they do in fact base the system on nfl draft prospects not being a good college player prospects.

Advertisement
You mean the same Donaldson that was Freshman of the year? So...he did something to earn it. Just like Mallory, King, Bubba, and Harris all did something to earn the pre-season expectations. You don't see our inexperienced Front 7 on this list do you? Would you rather the list be filled with SEC, Clemson, and OSU players that haven't even taken a snap? *cough* Bryce Young Heisman odds *cough*

Yes- I would love to see tje roster filled with a combo of all of that.

Completely agree on the theory of being a great college player and not a pro. There are tons of them just like King is I believe. I was just saying it because it's what they do also. It wasn't some crazy new way to evaluate. They do in fact give a draft grade or not for the other players as well though in their bios not just 5 stars. It will say Round 4-7 pick, P5 starter, whatever they think their ceiling is based on getting to the league. One of their mods explained it last year. To them they see getting to the NFL as all of their end goals, and therefore base their rankings around that notion. Basing them on if they will be a good college player or not would require including the system they were going to etc was their reasoning behind not ranking players based on that also. So right or wrong if it means anything is up to the person, but they do in fact base the system on nfl draft prospects not being a good college player prospects.
Yeah but they still give high ratings to guys who’s skills don’t traditionally translate to NFL success. Quarterbacks who might not be good passers but are great athletes can still get 4 star ratings. Tweener linemen/linebackers who often go undrafted simply because of size can still be 4 star players. Really small skill position guys, etc. My basic point is, NFL teams are basing their draft selections on a different criteria than what college teams are looking for. So when someone says “player x isn’t good because he likely won’t get drafted”, that’s not exactly a correct statement. College football is different from pro football and in college I’m taking Vince Young or Johnny Manziel over long time NFL players like Chad Henne or Ryan Fitzpatrick. That’s really my whole point

Advertisement
Candidates for All-ACC:

QB King
RB Harris
WR Harley
TE Mallory
OL Donaldson
DL ?
LB ?
DB Bolden
SP Hedley

Advertisement
Candidates for All-ACC:

QB King
RB Harris
WR Harley
TE Mallory
OL Donaldson
DL ?
LB ?
DB Bolden
SP Hedley
And frustratingly, no matter how these young lions ball out, the press still won't recognize.

🤬

We have a top 5 OT headed into 21
The number 8 draft eligible RB (and no it’s not Don or Rooster) and bubba bolden is rated the 5th safety and despite being the 2nd TE on the roster the last 3 years will Mallory comes in rated as the 10 best draft eligible TE..and it’s safe to say king will likely be at least a top 15 QB prospect on early draft rankings, maybe higher based on production..and it’s possible none of these guys at the end will be ranked higher than Tyrique in later evaluations

now I’m not saying break out your favorite lubricant and log into your go to **** site but this is a veteran team with some star potential

View attachment 147905

I think King is a good college QB but very doubtful he'll be a top 15 draft eligible QB

Advertisement
I was at that game. He was amazing. Maybe the best QB performance ever by a UM QB. The rocket on the run for the GW TD is what did it…you’re spot on.

Same my brother and I were there. Hot as **** that day.

Big fan of Morris, outside of just this game.

Advertisement
Back