ACCN

Advertisement
It's a day late and, for the ACC, probably a dollar short. The VT hire put the negotiations over the top.

Advertisement
Just as long as they put it on one of their standard channels and NOT on an IPTV channel.

Happy College Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

No more having to search for pirate streams to watch the games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have the ACCN and still had to watch the Duke game on a tablet because we were too bad to even warrant getting ESPN's 5th TV slot.

We'll never have a prime TV spot for rivalry week as long as things stay the way they are (having Duke as our rivalry week matchup). Just isn't an interesting game unless Miami has 10+ wins at that point and Duke has more than 4.

The price came down significantly when they found out Venables was going to Oklahoma, VT hired a DC from a 7-5 team as Head Coach, and Miami is keeping Manny Diaz.

Lost all of their bargaining power in 24 hours.

Advertisement
I am not.

I don't know what Spurtle is.

I have no idea what we are talking about. :)
The ACC network has really long commercials from low budget products like the TAC shaver/flashlight, the Irish Peeler, and some lady claiming to be a famous chef selling a flat wooden spoon called a spurtle. We joked about it a lot in the gameday threads when we were treated to commercial after commercial during the games.

The joke was that if Comcast will carry ACCN, their stock should go up because of the wider audience.

The ACC network has really long commercials from low budget products like the TAC shaver/flashlight, the Irish Peeler, and some lady claiming to be a famous chef selling a flat wooden spoon called a spurtle. We joked about it a lot in the gameday threads when we were treated to commercial after commercial during the games.

The joke was that if Comcast will carry ACCN, their stock should go up because of the wider audience.

LOL. Gotcha. I don't gameday thread much. Yeah, you can tell how your team is doing by how many Bally Network games you have and how many low-grade commercials you see when they're not. :)

Advertisement
Back