ACCDN: Miami Defense

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[video=youtube_share;DhICEteog6c]https://youtu.be/DhICEteog6c[/video]
[video=youtube_share;ryH0ADEMO-M]https://youtu.be/ryH0ADEMO-M[/video]

They ranked our LB Corp #1 in the ACC & our Defensive Line #2 .

With the additions of Dean & Delaney, plus Red moving to FS, we could very well have the best Defense in the ACC & arguably a top 5-10 in the Nation.

Advertisement
Agree man, that secondary is going to be better than a lot of people think outside of the Miami program/fans

Agree on both ACC rankings and agreed on our DBs. Safety depth is a little scary but overall these guys if healthy will be alot better than most expect.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sophomore LBs and #1 in the ACC. Incredible how talented they are. Not going to complain about the DL rankings. Clemson's DL is pretty **** elite with Lawrence, Ferrell, and Wilkins. All 3 will likely be top 20 picks one day.

Advertisement
NC State 3rd best Dline in the ACC is kind of Bogus.

Not really, they got talent over there with Bradley Chubb who is arguably the best de in the acc.(him or the player from Boston college), kentavious street 6'2 285 running a 4.58 and 2 other good dlineman. They are regarded as one of the top dlines in the country

What a difference a year makes on the LBs. We went into last season with fans slitting their wrists over our LB corps.

From a depth of talent/experience perspective UM has the #1 DL in the ACC.

I love our secondary too. Dummies are sleeping on it.

The Coastal doesn't have a lot of proven QBs or playmakers on offense. This is the year to take advantage and make a statement. Let's get it done! Go Canes!!!.

Advertisement
This defense reminds me of 2002.

There were several ballyhooed DL. Youthful but exceptionally talented LBs.

A secondary that replaced Reed, Lewis, Buchanon, Rumph, Fitzgerald with Taylor, Sikes, Rolle, Jennings, Marshall, Sharpe.

That 02 defense kept us in several games where the offense kind of sputtered.

I just can't see how FSU cracks 14-17 points vs us this year. They scored 20 last year. They lost Cook & our D will be lightyears better then an already pretty **** good D. Call me crazy but I see a 13-10 Canes win at Doak this year.

I just can't see how FSU cracks 14-17 points vs us this year. They scored 20 last year. They lost Cook & our D will be lightyears better then an already pretty **** good D. Call me crazy but I see a 13-10 Canes win at Doak this year.

I think this is one of our paths to victory. A low scoring slug fest. Keep field position. My concern is that their defense is also very good, so we cannot have a turnover that flips the field or puts points on the board for them. Maybe a big special teams play or two on our end. But I agree on the premise - I don't think their offense is going to be some dynamo either

Not really, they got talent over there with Bradley Chubb who is arguably the best de in the acc.(him or the player from Boston college), kentavious street 6'2 285 running a 4.58 and 2 other good dlineman. They are regarded as one of the top dlines in the country

Agreed. The NC State D-line is very solid. One of the reasons I'm optimistic about out O-line this year was how well they played against State.

Advertisement

Agreed. The NC State D-line is very solid. One of the reasons I'm optimistic about out O-line this year was how well they played against State.

Exactly, I have the same thoughts about our oline as well considering how well they played overall against them

From a depth of talent/experience perspective UM has the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] DL in the ACC.
Jumped in to write this part. I'd debate we have the #1 DL in the ACC when considering full rotation and depth. Problem is we don't have a guy like Lawrence, who may very well be a #1 overall pick (at least top 3) in the NFL draft 2 seasons from now. Joe Jackson is a potential Top 12 pick, though. We're not that far behind. Wait till everyone sees what Garvin mutates into some time soon. And, not even mentioning DJ Johnson because I haven't seen him line up against college players.

Advertisement

I think this is one of our paths to victory. A low scoring slug fest. Keep field position. My concern is that their defense is also very good, so we cannot have a turnover that flips the field or puts points on the board for them. Maybe a big special teams play or two on our end. But I agree on the premise - I don't think their offense is going to be some dynamo either
It's about our offense. How many times will we go 3 and out? How many short fields? Conventional wisdom would say play it tight and make it a field position game. I say that strategy is as likely to lead us to trouble. We had a disproportionate amount of 3 and outs last year. Part of that was Kaaya's inability to extend plays on 3rd down, sure. The other part was "run to setup pass" and a delayed adjustment to shorter drops.

Worried about DT depth going forward Kool has 1 DT on campus in almost 2 years of recruiting.

No I don't count Bethel.

It's about our offense. How many times will we go 3 and out? How many short fields? Conventional wisdom would say play it tight and make it a field position game. I say that strategy is as likely to lead us to trouble. We had a disproportionate amount of 3 and outs last year. Part of that was Kaaya's inability to extend plays on 3rd down, sure. The other part was "run to setup pass" and a delayed adjustment to shorter drops.

Simpatico!!

Advertisement
Back