ACCCG Tiebreaker?

DualThreat

Redshirt Freshman
Has anyone seen this? With only ten conference games being played and 15 schools in the same division, the odds are pretty likely there will be a handful of teams with the same record. How will the conference determine who plays in Charlotte? Common sense says head to head but not all teams play each other either. What if it’s a 3 way tie?

Hopefully they can iron these details out before the season starts and not take the MLB route of making things up during the season. Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else but I have yet to see it.

GO CANES

Advertisement
Has anyone seen this? With only ten conference games being played and 15 schools in the same division, the odds are pretty likely there will be a handful of teams with the same record. How will the conference determine who plays in Charlotte? Common sense says head to head but not all teams play each other either. What if it’s a 3 way tie?

Hopefully they can iron these details out before the season starts and not take the MLB route of making things up during the season. Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else but I have yet to see it.

GO CANES

Will likely be something like head-to-head results then, record against common opponents then CFP ranking. Pretty much common sense right there.

Who else beside Clemson will be undefeated in the conference? Nobody is my guess.

Advertisement
This is an altered version of the tie-breaker rules as they read now. It could be as simple as this
(I removed the steps that don't apply):

Two-Team Tie:
1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall win percentage .
7. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee.

Three-Team (or More) Team Tie:
(Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format
will then be applied.)

1. Combined head-to-head win percentage among the tied teams.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall Conference win percentage.
7. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee.

Last edited:

GO CANES

In the event of any ties, this is the order of the tiebreaker:

1. Clemson
2. Notre Dame
3. Any team from North Carolina
4. Any team that has never made the ACC Championship Game
5. Order of entry into the ACC
6. Any team from Florida, in order of entry into the ACC

Does anyone know if FSU has the same feelings towards the carolina mafia?? they've been in the ACC longer, gotta think they've felt screwed at some point.. maybe more in bball.

Advertisement

GO CANES
If it's Clemson and then a tie between three teams, all three teams play Clemson at the same time. 13 vs 39 each play.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Advertisement
We're thinking second place tie-breaker.
Has everyone conceded to Clemson? In recent years, didn't SU beat them twice, Pitt once, and UNC almost pulled the upset last year. I really can't understand why everybody is conceding to Clemson especially when we can reason that we have greatly improved talent and they lost a considerable amount to the NFL.

Why can't they be beaten?

Advertisement
Has everyone conceded to Clemson? In recent years, didn't SU beat them twice, Pitt once, and UNC almost pulled the upset last year. I really can't understand why everybody is conceding to Clemson especially when we can reason that we have greatly improved talent and they lost a considerable amount to the NFL.

Why can't they be beaten?

We can.
Actually we will.
I was just trying to figure out who we'll play in the ACCCG (y) :neonu:

Let's worry about beating North Carolina and Virginia Tech this year, after handing those two games away on a platter.

From there we can talk winning the division and getting to the second conference title game in 17 tries.

Advertisement
Back