ACCCG Tiebreaker?

This is an altered version of the tie-breaker rules as they read now. It could be as simple as this
(I removed the steps that don't apply):

Two-Team Tie:
1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall win percentage .
7. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee.

Three-Team (or More) Team Tie:
(Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format
will then be applied.)

1. Combined head-to-head win percentage among the tied teams.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall Conference win percentage.
7. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee.

If it's a tie with ND, they don't play VT.
Go VT.

If UNC is thrown in the mix, they do not play UL.
Go UL.

If I'm reading #3 wrong, it will be in the hands of SportSource Analytics.
So, here we go...

Assuming we win out....we are probably hoping Notre Dame loses twice, otherwise our shot at getting to see Clemson again is out of the window? Especially if it falls into the hand of SportSource Analytics?

Advertisement
So, here we go...

Assuming we win out....we are probably hoping Notre Dame loses twice, otherwise our shot at getting to see Clemson again is out of the window? Especially if it falls into the hand of SportSource Analytics?

On the flip side, if a 1 loss ND gets into the acc championship game over Miami, we could end up 11-1, with a top tier bowl and avoid a second beat down from Clemson. Since there aren't any divisions, you can't even hang an ACC coastal Champs banner. I will support which ever is better for recruiting (winning a spot in the acc championship game and getting blown out or finishing the season without another L). Obviously the best option is beating Clemson in the acc championship game, but I am so disappointed by the staff that I'm not even going to pretend we can be competitive against Clemson again unless Lashlee and Diaz put on coaching clinics against the rest of the schedule. My bar for Baker is low, he just has to try to not make things worse.

So, here we go...

That's the way I read it.
Our best shot is to have UNC slip up somewhere then beat ND if you want to leave it out their hands.

We have 6 common opponents with ND.
So far we're one up on them according to my analytics.

The recipe is this:
Clemson wins out
Notre lame loses to unc
We win out and beat unc
We play Clemson in acccg

very simple

That's the way I read it.
Our best shot is to have UNC slip up somewhere then beat ND if you want to leave it out their hands.

We have 6 common opponents with ND.
So far we're one up on them according to my analytics.
I know we looked bad last Saturday, but to get to the ACC championship and get another chance would still look better for recruiting if you ask me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back