ACC Unveiling new 17 Team Scheduling Model on Oct 30th

Advertisement
Hope we have a bye week after that Cal game. Will most likely be a 10:30 est kick and team probably won’t get back to Miami till 8:am.

Advertisement
This conference blows. What a bunch of dead weight teams. Cal is terrible. Stanford and SMU aren’t much better.

Figured they would have fixed having our two rivals both @home/away each year as that was a big compliant regarding ticket sales.

Advertisement
I think this 1 division for 17 teams is bad!!!

Each team has 3-4 common opponents between them. I can't wait for the tie breaker scenarios to hit them square in the face where the championship participants will be determined by CFP ranking when the head to head doesn't exist and common opponent results are indistinguishable.

No UNC for the rest of the decade. UNC will get to gloat over their 5 straight wins until at least 2031 unless we see them in the title game. The next time Miami plays UNC, the punch line will be, "Miami hasn't beaten UNC in over a decade."

Advertisement
No UNC for the rest of the decade. UNC will get to gloat over their 5 straight wins until at least 2031 unless we see them in the title game. The next time Miami plays UNC, the punch line will be, "Miami hasn't beaten UNC in over a decade."
We play them in '26, '29 and '30

Advertisement
For you real lazy dudes:

The new schedule will continue with no divisions, feature 17 schools and will increase the number of annual conference matchups from 56 to 68. The top two teams based on conference winning percentage will compete in the ACC Football Championship Game on the first Saturday in December at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Opponents for the 2024-2030 seasons are as follows – all game dates and times are TBA:

Home: Duke, Florida State*, Virginia Tech*, Wake Forest

Away: Cal, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Syracuse

Home: Syracuse, Louisville, NC State, Stanford

Away: Florida State*, Pittsburgh, SMU Virginia Tech*

Home: Boston College, Florida State*, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech*

Away: Clemson, North Carolina, Stanford, Wake Forest

Home: Cal, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Virginia

Away: Duke, Florida State*, NC State, Virginia Tech*

Home: Duke, Florida State*, Stanford, Virginia Tech*

Away: Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Virginia

Home: Clemson, North Carolina, SMU, Wake Forest

Away: Cal, Florida State*, NC State, Virginia Tech*

Home: Boston College, Florida State*, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech*

Away: Clemson, North Carolina, SMU, Virginia

17 schools, no divisions.
I need to get caught up on THAT tie breaker scenario for 2nd place.

Also, VT and FSU are home/away the same year. I don't know why as it limits different home game opponents every other year.

Last edited:
GT doesn't have permanent rival to play every year
That's So Sad GIF

Advertisement
Back