ACC unanimously supports one time transfers

Ha, ha. America, where we can’t tell people to wear masks but where we can force unpaid labor to only transfer once without conditions. 🇺🇸🦅

Advertisement
This will eliminate class rankings in recruiting because if you land a bunch of high caliber players & they don't play as TF's they're out the door.

This can be both a good & bad thing overall. It will expedite the development process & forcing coaches to play kids much faster than they want to & it will also create a vibrant Free Agency market for good players that wanna move around.

Teams like Bama, UGA, LSU etc will no longer get to hoard all the talent, kids may still be front running bandwagon riders in recruiting, but unless they play day one, they'll be recruited by other coaching staffs that can guarantee them starter roles & you'll see a lot more of those kids getting swooped from the powerhouses, even after they sign them.

It will also even the playing field with coaches, the smart personable coaches will still keep the bulk of their players, the malevolent dictator type coaches are fcked. Can't manipulate the kids anymore, can't get away with selling them a bill of goods, you either have to be a man of your word & tell them the truth or the kid will tell you to fck off & is outta there.

Saban would be screwed.

It depends on how they count against initial counters. If they allow transfer outs to net against transfers in, it should work out fine.

Possibly, but my understanding is that they don't do this today.

One thing I did see since posting that though is that the 25 scholarship limit could actually have the effect that reduces transfers since a student who transfers needs the school he is transferring to to have a scholarship available too. I don't know if it would work out that way or not, but it is an interesting theory.

Advertisement
Back