ACC Tournament

Advertisement
Thursday game

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Nice win today. Will need stellar performances from Lykes, Zac and Izundu to get by the Hokies tomorrow. Izundu needs to give us a double-double. And our backcourt has to either outplay theirs or come very close to matching their output. Collectively, our defense is going to have to be very good. We can't expect to win if we continue to give up over 80 pts to this team. Also, keep an eye on the rebounding it could play a big role in the outcome. IF we can control the glass, we'll be able to limit their opportunities. This game will need to stay in the 60's in order for us to have a chance to pull off the upset.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good effort. DJ and Lykes will at least give us a decent pair of guards to build around next season. Need a lot of help elsewhere. The more I see Sam, the more I'm down on his overall game. Can't defend, rebound or score inside (anyone notice how he really tightens up when he gets the ball near the rim).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hypothetically would we make march madness if we win the acc tourney?
Yes, but don’t worry...it’s not going to happen.

I’d like to see us beat VT and maybe even FSU, but our lack of depth will make it impossible to advance much further.

Good effort. DJ and Lykes will at least give us a decent pair of guards to build around next season. Need a lot of help elsewhere. The more I see Sam, the more I'm down on his overall game. Can't defend, rebound or score inside (anyone notice how he really tightens up when he gets the ball near the rim).

Sam is a stretch 4. Guess what? He isn't a guy that is comfortable inside, period. You are also seeing a guy with zero confidence attempt to play. Last year, you saw some solid defensive performances from him, but it was inconsistent. This year, he looks like a completely different player, because his role has changed to something he has no understanding of.

Looking over the bracket and that's an absolute gauntlet for any team to grind through.

Advertisement
Back