ACC to 3 divisions by 2016???

Advertisement
How about the ACC tells the schools to get their **** together or get out (especially us). Moving to 3 divisions won't do anything when a majority of the teams in the ACC are a joke. Either force the schools to get serious about football if that's even possible or they should be replaced. At least that's how it should be.

L
How about the ACC tells the schools to get their **** together or get out (especially us). Moving to 3 divisions won't do anything when a majority of the teams in the ACC are a joke. Either force the schools to get serious about football if that's even possible or they should be replaced. At least that's how it should be.
Clearly we've never added anything to ACC football. Would not be surprised if we are kicked out of the league if things don't improve soon. The ACC clearly didn't expect a program that couldn't beat UVA when they invited us to join. Instead they got one of the worst teams in the conference mooching off everyone else's success and dragging the conference down to new depths. Donna essentially sold them a bunch of garbage. They wanted Miami to offset FSU and give them two NCAA caliber teams. Boy, did they get fooled!

At face value, a setup like that could be a way to get Notre Dame into a conference for league play, if they are willing to make concessions to ND as far as their television contract goes, and ND is willing to up their amount of ACC games to 6 or 7. ND would play 6 or 7 ACC games, the rest of the ACC would play 8. Probably not a bad deal for the conference, as long as you can swallow giving the domers that kind of compromise.

What Miami's hypothetical 5-team division should look like:

Miami
ND
GT
Pitt
BC

What Miami's 5 team division would look like:

Miami
VT
Virginia
Louisville
Duke

L
Clearly we've never added anything to ACC football. Would not be surprised if we are kicked out of the league if things don't improve soon. The ACC clearly didn't expect a program that couldn't beat UVA when they invited us to join. Instead they got one of the worst teams in the conference mooching off everyone else's success and dragging the conference down to new depths. Donna essentially sold them a bunch of garbage. They wanted Miami to offset FSU and give them two NCAA caliber teams. Boy, did they get fooled!

Exactly. The ACC cut is in on guaranteed bowl revenue thinking they were getting an annual BCS bowl team.

Advertisement
Or they could stop trying to be cute. Go to one division, preserve the rivalry games and then determine the rest of your schedule like the NFL- based on some formula of difficulty rooted in how you finished the previous season. We shouldn't be in the same conference as Clemson but only play there once a decade but have to have the same tired games against Georgia Tech and Duke every year. That way strengthens the conference as a whole and gives a better championship game matchup.

This is nothing but a cheap play to get the domers fully committed to the ACC. Once ND is in the ACC will be forevermore.

The ****hats in south bendover do not want to have to play neither us nor tallyhobag during the regular schedule. It's a smart move for a football conference that only has 2 legit teams in it for the playoff era. (FSU and Clemson being those 2 teams.)

I'm going to go moisturize my CAGGET.

This is nothing but a cheap play to get the domers fully committed to the ACC. Once ND is in the ACC will be forevermore.

The ****hats in south bendover do not want to have to play neither us nor tallyhobag during the regular schedule. It's a smart move for a football conference that only has 2 legit teams in it for the playoff era. (FSU and Clemson being those 2 teams.)

I'm going to go moisturize my CAGGET.

For one this was like a bleacher report article and has nothing to do with the ACC. 2, ND would not join in my opinion unless they could get access to Florida once a year, sort of like the deal they have now with two cali teams... gets them to Cali once a year.

As for the approach, Im cool with it. I prefer playing 3 rivals and 5 rotating games of the non-rivals. Gets a lot of cross pollination but ensures that the most interesting games are played every year.

For Miami I would guess the 3 rivals would include FSU/VT and then perhaps a weaker norther team for balance like BC or Pitt.

L

I wish I could neg but I can't.

Advertisement
Would love to see the ACC eliminate equal revenue sharing and dole out the TV money based on win/loss record. Force some of these schools (mainly us) to earn their keep. I don't expect Duke or Wake Forest to be football powers, but schools like Miami, VT, UVA have no excuse not to field competitive football teams. All three are in talent rich areas.

Take some of that TV and Bowl money away and let these schools earn what they get.

It's bad that we are the worst team in the worst division in the worst conference.

Luckily as a Miami football fan I don't have to worry about how the ACC reworks its conference championship game set up. If they do it the right way or the wrong way doesn't really matter. Now at the ACC schools that are serious about winning football games, there could be repercussions from what they decide, UM is safe though.

Advertisement
Would love to see the ACC eliminate equal revenue sharing and dole out the TV money based on win/loss record. Force some of these schools (mainly us) to earn their keep. I don't expect Duke or Wake Forest to be football powers, but schools like Miami, VT, UVA have no excuse not to field competitive football teams. All three are in talent rich areas.

Take some of that TV and Bowl money away and let these schools earn what they get.

So IYO Miami shouldn't receive their share of the tons of TV money they generate due to their won loss record? Jesus H...

So IYO Miami shouldn't receive their share of the tons of TV money they generate due to their won loss record? Jesus H...
Withhold money and watch as schools improve their programs. I don't know how the ACC TV deal is structured and if it's even possible to withhold TV money. But would love to see some repercussions for not holding our end of the bargain.

Last edited:
For those foolish enough to believe that UM doesn't earn its share of TV money, you should keep in mind that Miami is the biggest TV draw of any ACC school win or lose people will watch UM on TV either root for or against UM. UM has had some of the highest rated broadcast in history.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I could get behind the idea if it were done like this:

-10-game conference schedule
-Conferences were aligned like this:
South
Miami
FSU
GT
Clemson
WF

Central
UNC
Duke
NC St
ND
Louisville

North
BC
Syracuse
VT
Virginia
Pitt

-Have a tie breaker that goes H-t-H, Conference Record, Division Record, Common Opponent, Ranking
-No protected cross-over opponents.
-Six intra-divisional games must be balanced (three and three: Home-Away balance and Division balance)

I know that football-wise the strength is heavy in the south and that's more reason for Miami to get their game up rather than pout about how tough we have it. (Boo-hoo...) But each division would have two-to-three teams in it that should be good. And we'd be trading a guaranteed game against VT for a guaranteed game against Clemson. We'd still have our shot at FSU and GT every year. We'd pick up an easier game against struggling Wake Forest and we'd still play VT six years out of 10.

I think it would work if this is really what the conference wants to do.

Last edited:

we havent even won our division yet tho

Withhold money and watch as schools improve their programs. I don't know how the ACC TV deal is structured and if it's even possible to withhold TV money. But would love to see some repercussions for not holding our end of the bargain.

This will be the only way these bums in our admins would do anything productive. No way we should get the same check as FSU in football or Duke in basketball.

Or..we could have a four division conference. Each team faces everyone in their division, then a rotation of two teams from the other three divisions each year, then each division faces their counterpart for a Semi-Championship, winner goes into the ACC Championship.

OR

16 divisions. Each team faces nine others, two best records go into the ACC Championship.

OR

We stick to two divisions because it works and isn't stupid as ****.

Advertisement
Back