ACC Teams as Cars

Advertisement
I saw this over the weekend. There is an SEC one as well. Gotta love that the Gators were described once powerful, but now everyone is catching up, while the Canes are on the rise.

Advertisement
Should have given us a GT 500.

1,000,000 horsepower, overpriced, and still can't perform? Don't want that comparison for my Canes.

Can't perform to what standards? Last time I checked the GT 350 put a whooping on a car that cost more and produced more HP (ZL1). When the new GT500 comes out it's going to wreck ****.

Don't know what you mean by whooping? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNifBdm_o4
These guys picked the gt350 based on looks and stuff which is their opinion, but the performance on the straight away and track was better in the ZL1 and that isn't even the ZL1-1LE package that came out earlier this month. Nonetheless, that is why mustangs are always compared to Camaros, not Corvettes. Corvette is in a completely different tier of cars, hence the comparison between the hurricanes and the ZR1 vette.

I disagree.

To me, a car that symbolizes Miami has to be different. Other teams can have Dodge Demons and Chevy Camaros, but NFL U stands apart.

The car should definitely be a sports car, and one that is fairly suited to Miami.

It should reflect the following:

-Speed, but not brutal straight line speed. Miami speed is fast everywhere, and you can't turn the corner on a Miami defense.
-Agility (same as above)
-Small/Medium size (Miami wins on speed and conditioning)
-High maintenance... yes, the team can be temperamental sometimes

Looking at the above, there's really only one car that fits the description:

orange-porsche-911-gt3-rs-with-19-inch-r10-strasse-forged-wheels.jpg

I disagree.

To me, a car that symbolizes Miami has to be different. Other teams can have Dodge Demons and Chevy Camaros, but NFL U stands apart.

The car should definitely be a sports car, and one that is fairly suited to Miami.

It should reflect the following:

-Speed, but not brutal straight line speed. Miami speed is fast everywhere, and you can't turn the corner on a Miami defense.
-Agility (same as above)
-Small/Medium size (Miami wins on speed and conditioning)
-High maintenance... yes, the team can be temperamental sometimes

Looking at the above, there's really only one car that fits the description:

View attachment 48741

As a diehard Chevy fan, I loved the comparison of the ZR1 to the canes. They specifically mentioned this car because the ZR1 sub-model of the Corvette disappeared in the mid 90's and had its resurgence a few years ago. Nonetheless, I love this Porsche comparison as well. It totally fits the description and attitude of our program. One thing you forgot, Durability. Out of the high end European cars, it's not uncommon to see Porsche owners doing cross country drives in these things. Durability is also why we win the 4th quarter.

Advertisement

1,000,000 horsepower, overpriced, and still can't perform? Don't want that comparison for my Canes.

Can't perform to what standards? Last time I checked the GT 350 put a whooping on a car that cost more and produced more HP (ZL1). When the new GT500 comes out it's going to wreck ****.

Don't know what you mean by whooping? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNifBdm_o4
These guys picked the gt350 based on looks and stuff which is their opinion, but the performance on the straight away and track was better in the ZL1 and that isn't even the ZL1-1LE package that came out earlier this month. Nonetheless, that is why mustangs are always compared to Camaros, not Corvettes. Corvette is in a completely different tier of cars, hence the comparison between the hurricanes and the ZR1 vette.

Yea and that's the 350 a ZL1 tiered mustang, when the 500 comes out I can bet my life it'll be compared to a Vette instead. It's being benchmarked right now to a 911.

Yea and that's the 350 a ZL1 tiered mustang, when the 500 comes out I can bet my life it'll be compared to a Vette instead. It's being benchmarked right now to a 911.

Sorry man, but the Corvette Z06 is taking down 911s, Ferraris and such. Only thing that compares to it is the Porsche 918 and that is almost a 1million dollar car vs 100k for the Z06. That's why its the ultimate " bang for your buck" car. Oh and this bad boy hasn't been released yet...

Spied! 2018 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Tests at the Nurburgring - Motor Trend

Again, that GT500 may be fun and all, but not in comparison to this.

Advertisement

Off topic: F*ck yeah on that sound guy's NOFX hat

Last edited:
Advertisement
****, why couldn't we be the Dodge Demon?!?! I'll take the SRT over a Corvette any day of the week. Here's a pic of my beater...
12493720_10207692575530913_7118428722357191516_o.jpg

Advertisement
Back