ACC so bad 0-17 vs AP ranked teams outside of Clemsons 2-0

Advertisement
The conference was always pretty much trash. That's how FSU ruled for so many years. They added us and VT thinking it would spark the competition but we've been just as bad. VT not as much but they have fallen themselves of late.

Adding Louisville, BC and Syracuse just brought a market but not much else.

The ACC has had good years with that same stat.
No question this is a down year.

Right now, yes it is trash. I can remember a few years back and we were looked at as maybe one of the best. Sad times indeed for the ACC.

Advertisement
I had no idea it was this bad this year

Yeah, it’s bad!! I don’t think I remember the ACC ever being this bad. With this defense, we should be cruising through the costal this year, yet here we are, on the outside looking in and hoping VA drops a game.

The conference was always pretty much trash. That's how FSU ruled for so many years. They added us and VT thinking it would spark the competition but we've been just as bad. VT not as much but they have fallen themselves of late.

Idk how someone disagrees with that statement.

what kind of a cheesebrain could "Disagree" with this ? SMH

Advertisement
Hence winning the Coastal isn't an accomplishment.

When was the last time the winner of the Coastal...

1. Won the ACCCG, and
2. Won a BCS Game against a top 10 opponent

ACC is not a trash conference

In terms of the football programs this year, compared to other power 5 conferences, it definitely is...

Just a down year across the board. The ACC is probaly on par with the PAC 12 this year, and even that might be pushing it.

Outside of Clemson, no team has been all that impressive..

Hence winning the Coastal isn't an accomplishment.

When was the last time the winner of the Coastal...

1. Won the ACCCG, and
2. Won a BCS Game against a top 10 opponent

1. 2010
2. Never

2008 VT did win the Orange Bowl but against #12 Cincy

Advertisement

To add a little more credence to your ACC comment, below are the interconference records between the ACC and other power 5 conference schools (you can add or subtract the big east).

Obviously this is not super telling as, most major schools don’t go out of their way to schedule other major schools in different conferences, but I feel it does highlight how productive/unproductive the ACC has been as conference since 98.

2DF242C5-94B9-493A-A834-B615D62DB06A.png

https://www.topdan.com/sports/college-football-conference-records/acc.html

Advertisement
ACC Comish John Swofford played at UNC and wants the level of competition down to his team's historic level so they remain relevent in HIS conference...I'll post again the peer reviewed, fact-based report on how his director of officiating saps momentum from non-carolina schools by biased officiating. Do you think Miami needing a miracle return was an accident?

Attachments

• BrymerRodenbergHolcomb2015.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
what kind of a cheesebrain could "Disagree" with this ? SMH

I didn't disagee with it, but the part about "always been" is off.
Two years ago the ACC had the best ooc record, including 10-4 vs the SEC.
Even though they had the best % 3 other years in the last 20... overall below average.

More often than not the ACC sucks. Just take a look at recruiting rankings. The ACC falls massively behind compared to the rest of the P5.

More than half of the last 20 years they've been in the bottom half of the p5 in win % in ooc.
Why do I have to take a look at any rankings? I have the game results.
I know where the ACC stands.

I personally don't give a crap about the other teams in the ACC.
We are a school in the southeast (with Clemson and FSU) and recruit that type of player.
We take care of our biz and everything will work itself out.

The shet show that the ACC is doesn't seem to be hurting Clemson right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back