ACC Schedule Model Released - Includes Miami @ Clemson

As an aside to complaining that the schedule got harder. Looking forward to SEC ten game schedule for teams like Arkansas, Ol Miss, and Miss St. If they play 10 that would be 6 west, 4 east. One of them is going to draw UF/UGA/Tenn

you could see a OlMiss playing: MsSt, Ark, Alabama, Ta&m, LSU, Auburn, UGA, UF, Tenn, USCe
I’ve been thinking something similar. Fanbase full of pussies claiming Cane fandom.

Every SEC team would kill to have Miami’s “Killer/hard/tough” schedule.

Canes got this…and a little something extra for Clemson.

Advertisement
Nope.

• May 28, 2020
Before the coronavirus pandemic, the TV networks were expecting a strong 2020. The presidential election and Tokyo Olympics would keep people watching, and companies would spend more than usual on commercial time.

But with the Summer Games postponed and campaign rallies on lockdown, television advertising revenue is likely to drop 12 percent this year, according to a projection by the research firm MoffettNathanson. Networks will lose out on $25.5 billion in spending, according to a report released on Thursday by the WARC research group.

Viewership is not the problem now that millions of homebound people have limited entertainment options. But the economic fallout of the pandemic has caused companies to slash TV ad budgets by more than 40 percent, according to the research firm Kantar. In response, networks have offered commercial time at double-digit discounts.

“TV was already in the middle of a huge revolution, and it’s only going to intensify, because now advertisers’ money is tight,” said Jane Clarke, the chief executive of the Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, a trade group.

Before the pandemic, 30 percent of ad spending in the United States went toward TV commercials, while 56 percent went to purely digital platforms. By the end of the year, “this gap is really going to blow out,” with TV “falling more dramatically,” said Michael Nathanson, a founding partner of the MoffettNathanson research firm, in a recent conference call with clients.

And more companies are demanding proof that TV commercials actually work. As online platforms like YouTube make a play for TV advertisers, networks are making the argument that they can match certain ads to specific households and track how many sales result.

“Advertisers have a lot more questions about actual metrics, and they’re putting fewer dollars in less accountable environments where it’s harder to measure results,” said Tal Chalozin, the co-founder of Innovid, an ad-tech company.

The pandemic has forced many companies to be more efficient with their advertising because they have less money to spend, said Ms. Clarke of the Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement. The crisis may encourage more ads made for owners of internet-connected TVs, using data to deliver customized messages to specific groups of viewers.

Im talking about the prices paid for College Football inventory. If there is a season it will set records. I work for one of the Networks, the rates for baseball have set records. I do understand your point on overall TV AD revenue across all platforms though.

Advertisement
I expect you'll see the ACC do the same in turn since there will be no ACC-SEC rivalry games to keep the OOC game available.

Guessing this means the bowls/playoffs move back into January. ACCCG is apparently going to be either 12/12 or 12/19. if everyone has a different date for their championship game, they need to move everything back to create uniformity again for the bowls/playoffs. college football in January sounds pretty appealing to me.

Guessing this means the bowls/playoffs move back into January. ACCCG is apparently going to be either 12/12 or 12/19. if everyone has a different date for their championship game, they need to move everything back to create uniformity again for the bowls/playoffs. college football in January sounds pretty appealing to me.
Yes, SEC Championship game supposedly scheduled for 12/19.

Greatest team in CFB history - 2001 Canes - only very narrowly avoided defeat at the hands of VT. The talent difference between that Miami & VT team is exponentially greater than the talent difference between this Miami team and Clemson. Play a mistake free game and we leave with a W. No lucky bounces or Clemson crapping themselves necessary. Just execute better than them and it can be done. Yes Clemson has a great QB. Miami happens to have arguably the best dual threat QB in CFB (at minimum, top 3). We have the firepower to compete on both sides of the ball. Just pray our kicker can make FGs as I will break my TV if we lose because the kicker gets the yips.

Advertisement

i think the beginning of the season will end up getting pushed (similar to SEC timeline)

Im talking about the prices paid for College Football inventory. If there is a season it will set records. I work for one of the Networks, the rates for baseball have set records. I do understand your point on overall TV AD revenue across all platforms though.

Baseball is a bit different, you have literally cut the available inventory of games by more than half, from 162 games to 60 games (or less, if the cancellations hold up).

With college football, you are actually increasing the inventory of desirable games. ACC teams will play 11 overall games instead of 12, but with 10 ACC games rather than 8, and fewer games that "nobody wants to see".

The point is, from September to November, there's still the same number of time slots, but now there is going to be AT LEAST SOME competition with the NBA playoff schedule (which will run to mid-October, which is unprecedented) and the Stanley Cup finals (which should also run into October). AND there will be an expanded MLB post-season.

Overall, there will be MORE sports events held during September and October than ever before. Ever. Baseball may be able to charge more, for now, because they've had the only games that count (NHL and NBA are just about to have games that count again, and MLS is in a tourney, not yet regular season matches).

And, yes, there may be a "no new TV shows" factor too, but (for instance) Fox usually would suspend most of their new broadcast TV shows during the baseball post-season anyhow.

I expect you'll see the ACC do the same in turn since there will be no ACC-SEC rivalry games to keep the OOC game available.

this honestly makes the most sense. either conf only or just go full on schedule. makes no sense to try to keep it uniform in conference testing measures and then allow an OOC game

Baseball is a bit different, you have literally cut the available inventory of games by more than half, from 162 games to 60 games (or less, if the cancellations hold up).

With college football, you are actually increasing the inventory of desirable games. ACC teams will play 11 overall games instead of 12, but with 10 ACC games rather than 8, and fewer games that "nobody wants to see".

The point is, from September to November, there's still the same number of time slots, but now there is going to be AT LEAST SOME competition with the NBA playoff schedule (which will run to mid-October, which is unprecedented) and the Stanley Cup finals (which should also run into October). AND there will be an expanded MLB post-season.

Overall, there will be MORE sports events held during September and October than ever before. Ever. Baseball may be able to charge more, for now, because they've had the only games that count (NHL and NBA are just about to have games that count again, and MLS is in a tourney, not yet regular season matches).

And, yes, there may be a "no new TV shows" factor too, but (for instance) Fox usually would suspend most of their new broadcast TV shows during the baseball post-season anyhow.

just to add, i do think the ACC will likely cut the OOC game now that SEC went conf only

Advertisement
I'm all for playing a tougher schedule so we can gauge where we are at with the off-season changes. But, if we lose a player like King to injury or say the 'Rona for a couple of weeks, then what will our record look like and what will the impact be on recruiting. Our foes are just waiting for us to lose a few games and pounce on our recent recruiting success.

The ACC really stuck it to us...leaving us with little margin for error if we want to maintain this class and our momentum. That's not scared talk...just facts. This is the recruiting class that could get us over the hump and the ACC just made it much more difficult to hold on to.
same could be said for every **** team in the country.. backups need to be ready! Yes that's scared talk and we know guys like you are definitely on this board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back