ACC Record Revenue Distribution

Yeah, Miami to the Big 12 is a perfect fit! Where's Oklahoma again. Oh, Oklahoma.

I can't tell if you are commenting on the geographic distances or if you are referring to something else.

It's a 3 hr flight from Miami to Oklahoma City. It's also around 3 hour flight from Miami to Boston. It's less than a 3 hr flight to Austin (just go straight across the Gulf of Mexico). The travel time wouldn't be significantly different between Miami and other ACC schools and Miami and Big 12 schools. West Virginia is also a Big 12 school BTW. Geographically, Miami isn't that much further east than WVU.

Advertisement
Good start for ACC, have a bit of ground to cover to catch SEC👇

👆"...Commissioner Greg Sankey announced Thursday that $657.7 million of total revenue, across 14 member schools, distributed from the conference office, excluding bowl money retained by participants, was slightly over $45.5 million per school..."

there math is off by about $1.4MM per school, but hey, its the SEC...
Must be getting math lessons from the gaytor.

Nearly every year should be a record, even if just by a little. It would be news if it WASN'T a record. Inflation, contractual escalators, increased revenue, etc.

Poster who said the ACC was a joke hit the nail.

Too bad they are the only option. Sad thing is, between, $, recruiting, and TV network promotion, we'd would probably do better in the Big 12, but that would only benefit the football program.

ACC took it the the **** shoot from ESPN/Disney over the payout from the ACC Network. They took the safest possible route, did it at the worst possible time, and will get the least $ of all the power-5 conferences as a result.

Advertisement
I can't tell if you are commenting on the geographic distances or if you are referring to something else.

It's a 3 hr flight from Miami to Oklahoma City. It's also around 3 hour flight from Miami to Boston. It's less than a 3 hr flight to Austin (just go straight across the Gulf of Mexico). The travel time wouldn't be significantly different between Miami and other ACC schools and Miami and Big 12 schools. West Virginia is also a Big 12 school BTW. Geographically, Miami isn't that much further east than WVU.
To your point, Miami (80.19W) is actually west of Morgantown (79.95W)...
by about 13 miles.

Last edited:
Advertisement
ACC is a joke. Miami should join the SEC where the real money/competition are. I don't know why we hang around this basketball conference and waste our time playing Duke every year. It's bad for our brand, bad for recruiting, and it means we play a lot of boring games.
Then we can really rule them and show them, can’t we…

Advertisement

My point is, what's the point? There's zero tie in to any of these schools or locations, regardless of how long a plan flight is, just to chase a few nickel's. As much as nobody from Miami wants to go to Boston or Blacksburg, they really don't want to go to Oklahoma. Crap, I live way closer in Chicago and I am not going there for anything, ever. To put in bluntly, it's a really stupid idea. And OU is one of the more attractive destinations.

I think Miami should take the distribution money and build an on campus stadium! While they are at it, tear down the abomination that is the center field art monster* and rebuild the OB!

If the BoT cared about football, fairies, and unicorns, it would have already been built.

So easy!

😂

*yes I know its gone

I think Miami should take the distribution money and build an on campus stadium! While they are at it, tear down the abomination that is the center field art monster* and rebuild the OB!

If the BoT cared about football, fairies, and unicorns, it would have already been built.

So easy!

😂

*yes I know its gone
I don't think the revenues would be enough to relocate the buildings over to Key Biscayne should an armed invasion prove successful. However, I would anticipate little resistance should we conquer the Riviera Golf Course (if it is still there). To show we are good invaders, we allow them to keep the clubhouse and turn it into an indoor driving range.

Build the stadium in the shape of a U with the open end of the U up against the clubhouse. Game days you put the net up and you can practice and watch the game, and no need to put a net up the kicker kicks it into the net used by the golf course (How much money did I just save not to mention the efficiencies in my idea?). If not a game day, you have a ready marked yardage field in which to practice your wedge shots!!!!!

I don't want conflict but I am not scared of old guys driving in a golf cart and to me it seems we can take them.

Advertisement
Tell us you don't know how conference membership works, without telling us you don't know how conference membership works

The answer is always “no” if you don’t ask.

You can tell who on here has a hot wife, and who settled for the fat slop. Gotta sack up, believe in yourself, and ask for what’s owed to you in life, people.

Have some faith in Miami, man. We are still one of the BIGGEST brands in all of college sports. SEC would be stupid not to take us. $$$ talks, and we add to their product value.

I would say they need us more than we need them. We bring something they don’t already have.

As for Florida ****blocking anything...**** that. We all know Alabama runs that conference. What they say, goes. Florida ain’t blocking **** if the other members want us.

And by the way, folks...we HAVE been invited to the SEC before. Our numbnuts admin turned if down, but we could have joined. That’s a fact.

The answer is always “no” if you don’t ask.

You can tell who on here has a hot wife, and who settled for the fat slop. Gotta sack up, believe in yourself, and ask for what’s owed to you in life, people.

Have some faith in Miami, man. We are still one of the BIGGEST brands in all of college sports. SEC would be stupid not to take us. $$$ talks, and we add to their product value.

I would say they need us more than we need them. We bring something they don’t already have.

As for Florida ****blocking anything...**** that. We all know Alabama runs that conference. What they say, goes. Florida ain’t blocking **** if the other members want us.

And by the way, folks...we HAVE been invited to the SEC before. Our numbnuts admin turned if down, but we could have joined. That’s a fact.

Sorry to hear that you have a fat slop wife.

And, no, we were not formally and unconditionally "invited" to join the SEC, and our admin did not "turn it down". Before the SEC offered South Carolina, they called Tad Foote and gave him some ridiculous 48-hour window, which they knew we could not do, since Tad did not have the unilateral power to join a conference. He had to set up a BOT meeting first, and the SEC did not bother to put together any sort of due diligence or a presentation that would allow our BOT to evaluate joining a conference.

When Miami could not possibly meet the "48 hour take-it-or-leave-it" proposition, the SEC went directly to South Carolina without any similar time limitations or demands.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back