ACC Record Revenue Distribution

Advertisement
Only 200 million less than the SEC.

This is not an exaggeration.

This does not even count the on-the-books booster money and contributions, that each school gets from boosters/fans, and the under the table money that goes to athletes, also from boosters/fans.

Of course, I’m not even including the money that’s embezzled from children’s cancer hospitals and charities, a la LSU.

Advertisement
ACC is a joke. Miami should join the SEC where the real money/competition are. I don't know why we hang around this basketball conference and waste our time playing Duke every year. It's bad for our brand, bad for recruiting, and it means we play a lot of boring games.

Advertisement
ACC is a joke. Miami should join the SEC where the real money/competition are. I don't know why we hang around this basketball conference and waste our time playing Duke every year. It's bad for our brand, bad for recruiting, and it means we play a lot of boring games.

Yeah sure.

Great idea.

Miami can join the SEC just as easy as you can join your local health club. It really is that easy.

Good lord what fūcking hammerheads some people are here

Good start for ACC, have a bit of ground to cover to catch SEC👇

👆"...Commissioner Greg Sankey announced Thursday that $657.7 million of total revenue, across 14 member schools, distributed from the conference office, excluding bowl money retained by participants, was slightly over $45.5 million per school..."

there math is off by about $1.4MM per school, but hey, its the SEC...

Tell us you don't know how conference membership works, without telling us you don't know how conference membership works

Advertisement
They sent us an application, right? Why the heck didn't we fill it out?

What a retarded post.

We can't "join" the SEC. We have to be invited. And the last time the SEC considered expansion, Florida-Kentucky-Georgia-South Carolina formed a veto bloc that prevented any offers from going to Miami, F$U, Louisville, GaTech, and Clemson (before Clemson became a powerhouse, of course).

Those schools want to be the ONLY school from their respective states in the SEC.

This isn't as easy as joining an extracurricular club. Only buffoons think that "we should just join" the SEC.

Hopefully will be even bigger this season now that ACC network is more settled
Until they sort out getting Comcast and some of the other larger carriers to carry the station, I doubt that will change too much. They are leaving so much money on the table by Swofford bungling this so badly.

Advertisement

Don't they have to want you..... in order for you to join them?

Anyway it's not a good fit for either side.

HUGE State Universities (ALL except Vandy (Another small private school) with big, deep, bag dropping pockets VS. a small private University with a tiny tight coin purse.

Plus UF wouldn't EVER stand for it

I still think Big 12 would be better. SEC recruiting grounds are already beyond saturated. We wouldn't get access to new markets and recruiting by joining the SEC. On the other hand, the Big 12 gets us a much larger presence in Texas. The Big 12 also allows schools to negotiate their own third tier market deals, which could open the door for the Canes to ink deals with Univision and other latin america tv channels, as well as online streaming. Whatever extra money the SEC might bring over the Big 12, the ability to make third tier rights deals can help close the gap significantly. We'd also have more visibility in Texas, which would be great for recruiting. I also think we'd have a better shot of upsetting Oklahoma every so often over our chances against Clemson.

I still think Big 12 would be better. SEC recruiting grounds are already beyond saturated. We wouldn't get access to new markets and recruiting by joining the SEC. On the other hand, the Big 12 gets us a much larger presence in Texas. The Big 12 also allows schools to negotiate their own third tier market deals, which could open the door for the Canes to ink deals with Univision and other latin america tv channels, as well as online streaming. Whatever extra money the SEC might bring over the Big 12, the ability to make third tier rights deals can help close the gap significantly. We'd also have more visibility in Texas, which would be great for recruiting. I also think we'd have a better shot of upsetting Oklahoma every so often over our chances against Clemson.
Yeah, Miami to the Big 12 is a perfect fit! Where's Oklahoma again. Oh, Oklahoma.

What a retarded post.

We can't "join" the SEC. We have to be invited. And the last time the SEC considered expansion, Florida-Kentucky-Georgia-South Carolina formed a veto bloc that prevented any offers from going to Miami, F$U, Louisville, GaTech, and Clemson (before Clemson became a powerhouse, of course).

Those schools want to be the ONLY school from their respective states in the SEC.

This isn't as easy as joining an extracurricular club. Only buffoons think that "we should just join" the SEC.

I also heard only buffoons go to law school, but only to end up as tax “attorneys.”

Advertisement
Back