ACC Network

The announcers were in mid conversation during one of our TD plays. And then acted like something unremarkable just happened.
That was terrible. I’m not looking for Russ Hodges to give me “The Giants win the pennant “ type reaction but cmon. Be aware of the situation lol

Advertisement
That was terrible. I’m not looking for Russ Hodges to give me “The Giants win the pennant “ type reaction but cmon. Be aware of the situation lol
I was watching the replay and they were doing this all game! "You know a lot of these running backs are really talented…and Harris just made a play for the end zone."

And the 2 dummies didn't even try to correct his mistake.
The other announcer tried to compensate for it by saying Brevin Jordan 10 times in the next 2 minutes.

I thought it was funny that the next time Brevin made a play there was clear hesitation from the announcer before saying his name. Probably looking down at his names sheet to make sure he didn’t ***** up again.

Big ten is owned by fox. Acc and sec are owned by ESPN
I thought ESPN had a hand in a couple of them.Was pretty sure about the ACC and SEC...I think Texas might be the only one that owns its own station.I may be wrong there but I think so.

Advertisement
Would you rather it be not televised?

the announcers suck all around and are watching/calling the game from their homes. Turn the ******* sound sound off and enjoy seeing your team play.
terrible announcers. Spent more time attempting to show how smart they are rather than talking about what was going on on the field. Seems they knew a lot of trivia but nothing about what was happening in front of them.

In case you have not been paying attention, ESPN has been cutting back on a lot of expenses for some time. Don't expect them to put a lot of money towards the ACCN any time soon. With 16 schools in the conference, you would think the ACCN could fill up their broadcasts with actual live sports, instead of reruns and bad talk shows. Also, since Covid has caused the cancellation of some bowl games, ESPN won't be making any money off of broadcasting those bowl games.

In case you have not been paying attention, ESPN has been cutting back on a lot of expenses for some time. Don't expect them to put a lot of money towards the ACCN any time soon. With 16 schools in the conference, you would think the ACCN could fill up their broadcasts with actual live sports, instead of reruns and bad talk shows. Also, since Covid has caused the cancellation of some bowl games, ESPN won't be making any money off of broadcasting those bowl games.
In their defense a lot of the sports that they might carry live have been cancelled...but your right ESPN is cutting back everywhere.

Im of the opinion that the ACC Network hurts UM Football's brand. That network is supposed to be for broadcasting non-revenue sports. A marquee football program should never be on that network for a conference game.

Advertisement
Im of the opinion that the ACC Network hurts UM Football's brand. That network is supposed to be for broadcasting non-revenue sports. A marquee football program should never be on that network for a conference game.
They do it to get more people to purchase the network.Aint nobody buying that sHT to watch women’s volleyball I don’t care how tight those little shirts are...

Not only UM, but the whole conference. The ACC is a power 5 conference. Having a bunch of amateurs broadcasting major sports events does nothing to enhance the image.

The “broadcasting from home” isn’t even a legit excuse. When espn was covering the KBO baseball league before the MLB late start, they were nowhere near as bad and that’s with broadcasting an entire continent away. ESPN just doesn’t put much resources into the ACCN and gives us C level announcers.

Advertisement
Back